Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

sleeping on speed!

bikki_muncher69

Bluelighter
Hey,
Would just like to know ways to get a better sleep while on speed without takeing more drugs to aid the sleep just natural ways ect... or things you can do thanks. Oh and when i mean on speed im talking about say 8+ hours after you have taken it

Yer im pretty sure its meth well i dunno thats somthing you might be able to help me out with, my friends have much debate that when you buy street speed that your just getting amphetamines(white powder) but when you buy meth its in crystal form knowen as (ice) but i was told its all the same shit just different purity's because meth is cheap and easy to produce. Im a novice when it comes to speed when i asked for speed i got white powder wrapped up in foil.

there is a natural alternative to help one relax I suggest chammomile tea but also there is a great product you can aquire from health food stores and some chemists and it is called rescue remedy. It basically just helps one to reduce the anxiety related to speed use and in turn should help one to relax somewhat and sleep.

As for the actual topic of sleeping after having taken stimulants, the surest answer is to avoid taking large amounts of stimulants within 12 hours of when you are going to want to start sleeping! Without taking some kind of relaxant or sedative, you could try normal 'sleepy' things like having a warm milk drink, a shower, getting into bed in a dark quiet room and relaxing.

The question as to the difference between speed and meth and all other issues to do with stimulants is answered in this huge thread, which goes into great detail. The conclusion many people agreed upon in that thread is that 'most' of the speed in Australia is methamphetamine in varying degrees of purity. Please refer to that thread for discussion.

For bite-sized chunks of quality info, I would also recommend going through the Vaults of Erowid (www.erowid.org) - click Plants & Drugs, then click the name of the drug you want info about.

BigTrancer :)

I second what big trancer said and would just like to point out that you said sleeping while ON speed. You do realise that amphetamines have a stimulant quality and therefore sleeping while on the drug is definately not the aim. I guess I'm just a little stumped by the wording.

I'd say you need to plan ahead for when you'd like to take amphetamines and allow sufficient time for the drugs to take their effect and the after effects (anecdotally, I've heard and experienced many times a situation where the 'feeling' of amphetamines have worn off yet people are restless and cant sleep). Avoid taking amphetamines on a whim then realising you need to get a decent sleep before something important, e.g. work, you'll end up frustrated at the time and then you'll have a crappy day the next day.

Also remember that the drug will remain in your system for a long period after and therefore this may affect your driving ability and/or you may be caught by the police as having drugs in your system. So you need to take into account any need to drive within the next ____ hours, if you do take amphetamines you are not safe to drive.

You mentioned you were a novice, so I hope this info helps. :)

I find a nice warm shower, a clean bed and a warm drink helps relax. But gererally if your to tweaked to sleep even if you can relax enough to nod off you end up with what my group call a 'whippa sleep' anyway. Restless hardly refreshing sleep when you wake up at the sound of a pin dropping.

But like already mentioned it seems the most obvious and easiest thing to do if you know you need to get a decent sleep don't take as much stimulants :)

The problem seems to be most people chase that huge initial rush and take way to much in the beggining not preparing for the 18+ hour ride you end up with on such a big dose.

Ampheramine
ritalin
Dextroamphetamine
Adderall
Cylert
are called "uppers"

ONLY Methamphetamine is nowdays is called "speed" especially smokable ice favoured by addicts.

If you gave a rit or Dex oill to a speed addict they would not notice much at all.

Smokable ice is the MOST powerfull CNS stimulant available and has ruined many lives. be warned!!

davids: I'm pretty sure if you found plain old run-of-the-mill amphetamine it would be called 'speed' by most. If you can clarify which drug you are talking about that is good, but if someone says speed everyone generally expects it to be meth due to the availability. You cant rule out the chance of it being amphetamine (or even 4-mar) though.

I never heard anyone calling meth speed, that's stupid, speed has allways been some sort of amphetamines in form of cheap white powder.
And to the threadstarter, meth and speed is not the same, it's not even the same sport or stadium, they are in two different leagues, so I recon you haven't got ice/crystal/shabu/glass, you only got cheap street speed, most probably crushed up ritalin or so.
Can I ask you how much you paid?
If you knew you have to sleep the day after you shouldn't have taken it, so easy is that.

stulic: there isnt any discussion of prices on here and you have NO idea what it was. It may have been the best crystal you have ever seen crushed up. Leave the assumptions out of here.

Ideally everyone would use the correct terms and actually know what each substance was, but that is never going to really happen.

I find the best way that i fall asleep after stimulants is to do stuff that doesnt involve you being stimulated...

i like to do the following...

- have a warm long shower and help your body to relax
- curl up in bed under a blanket and zone out to the tv. i normally put a movie on that ive seen 100 times before :)

i find i always fall asleep if im just lounging around infront of the tv. if theres music on it will make me want to stay awake...but if im relaxed...asleep i go.

it is always hard to sleep after consuming speed :\ sleep on pills or speed is a icky sleep and your body may sleep but you wake up still tierd cause your brain will still be going 100miles an hour...

If someone gives me a piece of fruit and tells me it's an apple, I can confirm whether it is or not because I've had plenty of fruit in the past which I've known was definitely an apple. But imagine for my entire life someone had been actually giving me oranges but calling them apples - I'd be led to believe that I knew what an apple was, but I'd clearly be wrong.

That's the situation with amphetamines and methamphetamines. A lot of people claim to know the difference, but their knowledge is based on their own past experiences which may or may not have been accurate.

And just to stay on topic - no matter what you've got, sleeping will be hard. I've found that a lot of it is a mindset though. If you keep thinking to yourself that you're way too wired to sleep, then you've got no hope. Just relax, go to bed, turn the lights out, and shut off all external stimuli like the TV or music. Try not to move at all, and let your mind wander until you nod off. And if you simply can't sleep still, then it's probably not worth trying anymore. Next time don't take as many drugs! ;)

It definitely is about mindset...

I like to make the room as dark as possible and put ear plugs in, then brush my teeth and do all the things I would normally do before going to bed at night, even if its 10am or whatever. I then get as comfortable and warm as humanly possible, and try and stop all movement. Dont jigg, dont grind your jaw and DONT think about the night just gone if it was a bit of a cranker at a club or something. This always seems to keep me absolutely wide awake if im thinking of some hi nrg hardhouse tune that i really dug. Try and think about something that interests you, but is very low energy.

Then drift...

Some possibilite's im not sure have been mentioned are a lazy nightcap, or 5-HTP, altho due to meth-amphetamines serotonogenic qualities this may actually bring you back up a wee bit...I only ever take base amphetamine and it seems to work alright without bringing me back up on the aforementioned substance.

As for me on the topic of sleeping and speed, I find personally i usually i have a line before preparing to go to sleep after a night out (on whizz and pills), and a day of recovery (on whizz and pills), to straighten me up before i come home as it gives me a clear mind and then i can prepare for sleep... I usually fall asleep 2 - 2.5 hours after this ........................................ As for your question of what can you do in relation to getting to sleep after the good affects of your stimulants have worn off and you just want to sleep, I would suggest maybe having a few alcoholic beverages 2 - 2.5 hours before wanting to sleep ... (this being if you dont use GHB or Ketmine on the night) ... or if you enjoy a bit of Ketmaine have a small bump not so much that it will send you crazy but enough to make you dopey (do this 2.5 hours befor wanting sleep)

Fact is that speed will keep you awake. That's what it does.

Don't take speed if you want to sleep.