Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

3 Strike RAVE Offenders Face Life Without Parole

eccitude

Bluelighter
13 May 2005 Skrufff-E #205
http://www.skrufff.com/

Civil liberties campaigners from the Drugs Policy Alliance (DPA) warned this week that US authorities plan to escalate the drug war to a new level of harshness under new laws which could see clubbers being jailed forever.

"They want to expand the federal 'three strikes and you're out' law to include new offences, including mandating life imprisonment (with no possibility of parole) for anyone convicted a third time under the RAVE Act," said DPA director Bill Piper this week.

"They want a mandatory 2-year prison term for anyone who knows someone is selling marijuana on a college campus and fails to report it to the police within 24 hours. They want a mandatory 5-year prison term for someone at a party who passes a marijuana joint to someone who has been enrolled in drug treatment at some point in their life," he added.

The new laws are to be introduced in Congressman Sensenbrenner's bill H.R. 1528, entitled 'Defending America's Most Vulnerable: Safe Access to Drug Treatment and Child Protection Act of 2005' which first appeared last year and could soon become law.

"We need to keep the heat on members of Congress to kill this bill", Mr Piper stressed. "We're up against the most powerful forces in the federal government. We hope you will continue to stand with us in this massive showdown."

http://www.drugpolicy.org/news/051105sensenalert.cfm

so riduculas I'm sure if the law came into place and one of the campaners kids were the offender they would do anything stop the punishment to be imposed on there son

I can't believe it, anyone who is half normal living in america i think its time to relocate before they stop allowing people out of the country haha.

That's just insane!

"They want a mandatory 2-year prison term for anyone who knows someone is selling marijuana on a college campus and fails to report it to the police within 24 hours."

8o

Just remember John is a good friend of George and loves to agree with him!

Australia isn't really the lucky country, but fuck me, America is definately the unlucky country

"They want a mandatory 2-year prison term for anyone who knows someone is selling marijuana on a college campus and fails to report it to the police within 24 hours. They want a mandatory 5-year prison term for someone at a party who passes a marijuana joint to someone who has been enrolled in drug treatment at some point in their life,"
I dont think it will be land of the free for very much longer. obviously 2.2 million convicts isnt enough, and seeing that private prisons make good money in america it wouldnt suprise me if the people creating this bill have shares in them. (wackenhut private prisons made 2.2 billion last year alone)

America is going down an even darker path. There has to be some point where they need to turn back and walk in the opposite direction.

Love the avatar Sim :)

Oh my god this is so regressive it's appalling. This is getting to be very "The Crucibleish".

Something is going to have to give at some point. 2 years for knowing someone is selling cannibis? This is outrageous considering it appears (if you wear enough foil on your head) that the government is responsible for most of the cocaine trade.

Absolutely disgusting.

I find it amusing how the US administration is quick to accuse other countries of being regressive and barbaric but yet appear to be almost as hardline!

I LOVE IT - America - what a hole! they're all fucked, they've given themselves a leader no better than hitler... it's great.. WWIII is on the horizon... or at least a civil war :)

As i've said before I think laws like this simply do not go far enough.

The US should impose instant death, without trial, on any person suspected of using drugs. Hell anyone who knows someone that has used drugs.

These silly people need to learn the brutual hard lesson that these laws simply don't work.

Something has to give with these stupid bastards

chugs said:
As i've said before I think laws like this simply do not go far enough.

The US should impose instant death, without trial, on any person suspected of using drugs. Hell anyone who knows someone that has used drugs.

These silly people need to learn the brutual hard lesson that these laws simply don't work.

Something has to give with these stupid bastards

Are you nuts? What about all the people suspected of knowing someone who is suspected of having seen a film or listened to a song which makes vague references to drugs who under your lax laws be let off scott free?!

Think of the children!

LOL!! Quiet, guys - don't you know the Americans don't understand irony? ;)

I hope the civil libertarians are able to crush this one. Sadly I think it's just a matter of time until it passes.

America is going down an even darker path. There has to be some point where they need to turn back and walk in the opposite direction.

or fall off the end perhaps??

Personally if OZ goes that way im off to New Zealand or Canada...

wow howly fuk. these people that enforce these laws are , sick twisted fucks that need help...fast.

Just another sad example how fucked society is. I do not know why governments think that they need to be harder on drugs than say people who steal cars or child molesters. I mean seriously if you could sleep at night convicting someone for 2 years just because they knew someone dealt weed is absolute redicolous. In relative terms they should then have the death penalty for harder crimes such as murders etc if this is gonna be there stance.

I can see Americas next policy, life imprisment or death penalty for those who attempt suicide.... i mean isnt that the only problem with drugs that we hurt ourselves?.

FUCK AMERICA!

They want a mandatory 2-year prison term for anyone who knows someone is selling marijuana on a college campus and fails to report it to the police within 24 hours.

[Sarcasm]
Now thats really gonna give people some incentive to dob in weed dealers isn't it?
[/sarcasm]

8) Thats one of the stupidest laws I've ever heard of. Who the fuck is gonna wanna report dealing now? I'll bet no one will be willing to report the crime the next day (coz god forbid - we cant always just drop all our shit to march up to the cop station and explain the "evil" actions witnessed) since they will just get arrested and jailed for two years, even if they were genuinely concerned about the community and believed the right thing to do would be to have a dealer put in jail.

Not that I really think less dealers getting reported is a bad thing at all, in fact I think it would be great. But surely this law is supposed to do the opposite ?