• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

3 Strike RAVE Offenders Face Life Without Parole

^i don't think Australia is that much of a sheep to America. Sure we fight their wars but i think thats mainly because if we dont be an ally, America wont help us in times of need. If you look at our drug laws they seem to be going in a step in the right direction, i mean we still decriminilised cannabis where America are still cracking down hard.

I'm not familiar with the diversion court, induced - all I know of the DD program is what I've learned from legal services and the police. AFAIK in Victoria you don't go to court, you just have to attend drug counselling and the matter is dropped (as long as you don't re-offend). I think it's pretty sensible - stops the courts getting clogged up, saves police resources for more valuable exercises and most of all, keeps casual drug users out of the legal system.

yeah,more time for dikhed prosecutors and power tripping majistrates to waste that time saved....hard core crims manipulating the system to get out off heavy jail terms,faking urine tests,need i go on?:\ 8) ;) No,i see your point about the small time user,but its to open to exploitation.Much the same as mental diversion,junkies under self induced psychosis,filling up the hosptals when they should be in fukn jail.period.Someone i know has been through this process for eighteen months now and they have done FUCK ALL,he should be in hospital but get this,when an incident occured they chucked him straight in jail,no psych assesment,even though he has a 25 year psych history,just cos there is no room in hospital....For fuck sake! 8o :| :p

Last edited:
bill joe said:
^i don't think Australia is that much of a sheep to America. Sure we fight their wars but i think thats mainly because if we dont be an ally, America wont help us in times of need. If you look at our drug laws they seem to be going in a step in the right direction, i mean we still decriminilised cannabis where America are still cracking down hard.

You'll notice that these proposed laws in USA are Federal laws. The "our drugs laws" you refer to are generally State laws.

Even before the Howard government gets control of the Senate in a few months it is already indicating how it is its intention to legislate to override the powers of the States in areas such as industrial relations, ports, gay marriage, etc.

What makes you think that they wont introduce sweeping Federal laws to override State laws to prosecute drug 'offenders' under their zero tolerance mantra? Having a simpleton such as Christopher Pyne as the parliamentary secretary for health should have you afraid, very afraid, about what direction the Federal government will take in coming years.

Here's an example of the tremendous insight this cretin has when it comes to drug use:

12 November 2004
CP003/04

Pyne gets ministerial council to develop national approach to drug testing at raves

The Parliamentary Secretary for Health, Christopher Pyne, raised drug testing at Rave parties at the Ministerial Council for Drug Strategy which met today in Brisbane.

The Council decided, at Mr Pyne’s instigation, to establish a working group of Government officials and members from the Australian National Council on Drugs to report back to the Council on a national approach to the testing of illicit drugs at Raves.

“The Howard Government’s “Tough on Drugs” policy is about keeping drugs off the street, and minimising the damage drugs can cause,” Mr Pyne said.

“These tests mislead people into believing their drugs are safe to take. This is not the case. These drugs are harmful and in the extreme can cause death. The Council has today taken a positive step to tackle this issue.”

“Testing drugs is not a legitimate form of harm minimisation because it encourages illegal drug use that endangers young Australians, and fools them into making poor choices.”

Mr Pyne noted that the Victorian Government has decided to not allow testing to be undertaken and he urged all other State Governments to also rule out testing.
Source: [url]http://www.health.gov.au/internet/wcms/publishing.nsf/Content/health-mediarel-yr2004-cp-pyn006.htm[/URL]

Last edited:
This law will pass, there is a right-wing christian push through the current administration that has far too much influence already.

America has the highest percentage of its population behind bars - the land of the free indeed. I heard in a doco that prisons are being floated on the stock exchange. It has become an industry. It's sheer lunacy.

I met a lovely lady from San-Fran in the US today who stated that she wouldn't be suprised in there was a large exodus of populous from the country to Canada/Europe given the current crisis. She also made a point of saying that the country was already deep in crisis... Not sure exactly what that means but on a certain level I share that opinion. :/

Cheers...

Another thread on this same stuff:

Proposed legislation would compel people to spy on their family members and neighbors, forcing all Americans to become foot soldiers in the war on drugs.

Spy vs Spy

?!, Maybe Arnie will sort this out;
And for the first time I'm going to use this "smiley"
8o