Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Gripes with Pillreports

Don Corleone

Bluelighter
I'm not usually much of a whinger but the lack of information contained in most people's posts make them look more like a boast of what they've consumed rather than an informative addition to what is supposed to be a database.
  • A lot of people are writing 'round' only under Shape. Does that mean I'm looking for a pill shaped like a fucking marble. There seems to be no hesitation in using a plethora of synonyms for 'strong pill' but no one seems to like writing 'bevelled edge' or 'domed one side'. I know some people don't know this or forget, now you have no excuse.
  • Why is every second pill rated an 8 or 9? I know that sometimes I don't adhere to the ratings guidelines strictly but come on! I think most would agree that anything rated 7+ should be MDMA (judging by effects and test result) - that's what the ratings guidelines say anyway. There is a report on Blue Dolphins:
    Um i dont think it was MDMA, maybe some other shit like K, it was speedy as well. But 2 of these babys kept me dancing all night, and it also makes u talk heaps. No lovey feeling tho but overall mad pill
    Judging by the user report, the most this pill should've earnt was a 3 yet it got an 8.
    9's and 10's should be few and far between (I've only given one 9, and a 10 to a cap).
  • HQ's. These posts are getting better but with these particular pills please be desciptive. Some say Shape: round Logo: HQ. How about telling us if the logo was on one or both sides? It could mean the diffence between someone buying a good and bad pill. If you didn't get a good look and it was a good pill - don't post, we already know.
  • Anything that tests orange cannot rate higher than 1. I don't give a fuck if the speed in it was so strong you were awake for 3 days, it still only gets a 1.
  • If there is a pill that matches yours in every way in the same city - don't post it again. If you have anything to add, do so in the 'user comments' area
  • User comments. If you feel like starting a little discussion, come to bluelight don't start one there. Saying 'bullshit' with nothing to back it up is likely to have you standing beneath a large man about to cut off one of your fingers if you should ever meet him (yes I'm talking to you, Liam).
These are the main points I wanted to make. There are more but they are quite trivial.
I know some of the above may seem a bit harsh but that's just how I am. Don't anyone take anything personally. It's called constructive criticism and I'm just trying to see the quality of posts improved - I'm not flaming anyone. On that note, I'm always open to constructive criticism so feel free to tell me if I've fucked up.

I think alot of the problems with the ratings stems from two main areas:
1) Unfamiliarity with the ratings system, or with E in general...
2) (The biggest one) - People tend to rate the night they had, instead of the pill itself. If they have a shit pill, but an awesome night, they tend to give the pill a high mark.
You're right... attention needs to be drawn to the ratings system on the first page. Too many people click past that page without reading it.

yeah, what they said. too many threads about the same pill, and a lot of inexperienced pillers giving good scores to mediocre stuff. i know, i was one of them. *runs away and hides*

The ratings system is also shown right next to where you rate the pill
------------------
Is Don, Is Good

Unfortunetely you're preaching to the converted, but I totally agree with what you are saying Don.
If only there was a start up page which you had to read before you posted. Ah, there are so many suggestions and possiblities, and unfortunetely not a whole lots being done.

things are happening. look for big changes real soon. and horse you should know better, read the mods/admins forum some time.

I think the score definately needs revising.
Personally, I think that MDMA pills should only be rated between 6 or 7 to 10
Bunk pills - 0 to 1
Speedbombs - 2 to 4
Ketamine or Speed & Acid combos, or anything else that REALLY fucks u up - 5 - 6 or 7.
I really can't see how a pill could be rated between 2 and 5 according to the guidelines, coz I've never really experienced anything that they describe.
Anyone esle thing the same about the guidelines??? What I've said is just a quick thought, I really didn't put much into the distribution of the ratings, so please, dont get shitty with me!
smile.gif

------------------
I think of my life as a series of sketches; each one funnier than the last

Like I have said before we should change the system to something like this. Instead of rating it from 1-10 we should rate it from A-J that way this type of rating would make them read the guide lines because otherwise they wouldn't have a clue if to put a, b,j,c or f!....something like that anyway.

I would like to see some sort of checkboxes when you submit, like for duration, effects and suspected contents. That way it would be possible to generate a computer rating, that might be a better guide. I know this has flaws (foolish people ticking all boxes etc), but compared to some of what is being posted it couldn't be all bad. Allow the user to still input what they currently do, but make them answer some questions specifically.

guys...
Another thing to remember when people rate pills are body weight...I am a skinny guy and i need less than most of my friends who are larger than me yet we have all popped 4 the same amount of time.And dont blame the newbies ffs...I consider myself a veteran of the e game ive been popping for bout 4-5 years...but i use not abuse...I hate guys who pop nonstop and rate good pills with a LOW score...Just because their saratonin levels are depleted (cough... cough... MR_FLUFFY!)
As for a new system heres a few ideas...
Add a)number of pills usually consumed per night out(indication of tolerance level)
b)Body weight (as the perfect ratio is 2mg per kilo?)
c)some identifycation system to well known and trusted posters eg. MotoMan i look 4 your reports cause your spot on most of the time...
d)4 the rating system HOW ABOUT ANYTHING THAT DOSNT TURN BLACK/PURPLE 0!!!???were here to post about xtc..lets focus on quality of mdxx want speed?go get it and put it up your nose...?
BITCH... aka Just_Say_No on pillreports
P.S look for the
HQ topic would really like to hear your replies especially you motoman!

I'm under the impression that a good percentage of the posters on pillreports are unaware that this forum exists..
Would posting links to this forum on all the "crappy" reports help? It might suceed in educating a few in the actual nature of MDMA and e...
I've also got to agree with the raising of the score for speed-bombs.. I'm guessing the rating system was designed for America... where speedy pills are few and far between (but they have to put up with DXM pill.. ha ha..) I've had some speed/k-bombs that I've actually quite enjoyed.. rating them between 1 and 5 would give a good indication for those times when MDMA just isn't an option.. (those sad sad times..)

Just had an idea...
Pills could be rated like this:
- M1, M2, M3... meaning MDMA pills 1-10
- S1, etc... speed pills 1-10
- K1, etc... K & K/speed combos 1-10
- U1, U2, etc... for unknown 1-10
You get the idea of what I mean - as I said, just a thought
wink.gif

------------------
I think of my life as a series of sketches; each one funnier than the last

This topic is long over due. I have been reading bluelight and pillreports for over 2 years, and I'm sorry to say the the amount of absolute idiots that waste server space with their so called 'reports' has grown considerably. The problem has nothing to do with the ratings system, and everything to do with the level of intelligence of the people that are putting these ridiculous reports up. These days it seems people are taking pills because they think it makes them look cool. These people wouldn't have the slightest clue about what they are putting in their mouth and this shows in their reports. I have lost count of the number of people who cannot answer a question like "what sort of pills do you like?". It is these people who are stuffing up pillreports with shit. The only way I trust a report is if it is backed up by a few user comments from people you know you can trust. I have also noticed that many people must not know what a user comment is or how to post one, because the number of multiple reports on the same pill is staggering. At last count there were 34 individual reports on Pokemon's, 21 reports on Melody's, and 55!! reports on HQ's.

This topic has been mentioned before, e.g.:
Misuse of the pillreports
ATTENTION ALL EVERYONE...
Dodgy dealers on pillreports.com
The point is, the posting guidelines are all the "rules" we've got on Pillreports. There's no rule that says you can't post if you're an idiot. We just have to rely on the comments and reports from trusted sources, and of course - the Marquis test. If you are thinking of taking a pill, you should always test it for yourself. Don't take anyone's word for it, particularly someone's words on the internet.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

what if bluelight had a little, little section for BL'ers to post their own pill reports. seeing as most of us on BL are more inclined to post PROPER reports ( i hope ) than some of the dickheads on PillReports.
just seems that a lot of us don't agree with some of the postings, me included, on Pill Reports.
at least this way, seeing as quite a few BL'ers know other BL'ers, we can put a face to the name and take their report on more of a "believable" basis, rather than taking the word of some dodgy dealer trying to sell some SHIT.
whatever, sorry. just a suggestion.
------------------
this space for lease

Evol, don't apologise for making suggestions, they're always welcome and your's brings up some good ideas.
Another way of recognising us 'reliable' posters is , perhaps, to put the number of posts the user has put on pillreports/bluelight and/or their status (eg Bluelighter, Moderator etc) underneath their name. Maybe not an ideal way but... heh.
------------------
Is Don, Is Good
[This message has been edited by Don Corleone (edited 14 March 2001).]

hey bitch1, do we know each other? i'm suspecting not, 'cos if you did, you'd know my serotonin levels are just fine.
smile.gif
i'm probably the guy most likely to go home with half a pill still in my pocket, just 'cos i've had a good night, and i consider it a waste to still be rushing when you get home. as a matter of fact, my scraps baggie still has stuff in it left over from two-three months ago. i could easily go to a couple of raves on it alone. (hey, there's a thought
smile.gif
)
what i meant by my comment before was, when i was an inexperienced piller, i gave good reviews to pills which, thinking back, were quite ordinary. ie. i thought hammers were the shit, thinking back, although not quite shit, the only thing they had in their favour was their strength.
on this whole rating thing, i'm over it. the same pills, from the same batch, taken by the same group of friends, on the same night at the same venue can have so many differing effects it's not funny. the same pill has had me on my ass, while a female friend has had two of them and bounced off the walls all night. some pills i've loved, and yet had a mate swear black and blue he felt nothing, and was selling the one he had left to someone that he had a pretty low opinion of.
smile.gif

factors that i've found have been important are your general demeanour (to start off with an obvious one the whole set and setting debate), your physical state (are you rested or tired, just woken up or been awake for a while), the amount and type of drugs you've consumed beforehand (on the night, or even in the week previous, both licit and illicit), amount of alcohol consumed, how much and how long ago you've eaten (even what have you eaten, ie. type of food), your connection to the music (some styles of music and certain dj's have the ability to get me bopping, no matter how sober i am, so they're gonna go down even better when i'm pillin') and so many other unknowns that you might as well include the square-root of your grandmother's age and the phase of the moon in there.
i understand the need for a rating system, they are reports after all, but the best you can do is identify a regular reporter, who gets their hands on the same pills that you do, and usually has the same reactions that you do. then at least you've got a small and tenuous chance of having an idea what your night's gonna be like.
smile.gif

sorry about the off-topic rant, but hopefully some of my musings will be kept in mind if pillreports is overhauled.

There has been a new set of posting guidelines written which will hopefully help stop rubbish posts and steer people in the right direction of how to post reports. There are a few inherent problems with pillreports, especially the lack of lsd/ket/speed combo choices available to people making reports (especially for australian pills), and the general amount of knowledge that people have about the pills they are taking.
I'm trying... trying trying trying trying to get the posting guidelines pages updated. I'm not really sure what the problem is, as no one (the people that have the power to do this) is putting their hand up and saying 'hey, I'm the person that will do it, give it to me and I'll change the front page and maybe add a link to the guidelines when people are making a new report'
Its like a mysterious black hole out there, work gets done but the implementation of it get sucked into a mysterious void.
My analogy is thus: We have a broken window that needs to be replaced. I have a new window. All that needs to be done is for it to be put in and sealed. However we seem to be waiting for the gardeners to create the flower bed below it, painters to do around the outside, beauty consultants to sit there and say stupid things, look pretty but do nothing etc etc. Meantime the window is still broken and the cold wind is blowing through.
Someone (admins) needs to go in with some glue (update guidelines) and stop the cold wind blowing (stupid posts on pillreports).
Well it wasn't much of an analogy, but I suppose it matches the amount of work that is being done. People want another weeks effort to fix 95% of the problem, updating the guidlines mebbe 10mins and will fix 85% of the shit.
(Oh and someone, somewhere is perhaps doing a pillreports v2. I don't know anything about it, pure vapourware until we are told more, likelyhood of that happening is 2 dead ducks out of 10)
A sample copy of the guildines is here: http://www.bluelight.ru/pillreports/posting_guidelines.html
(comments about them email to me please, don't do it here otherwise this will be a monsterised thread that full of arguements about little unimportant things)