• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Gripes with Pillreports

A topic of this nature is the most likely out of anything I can think of to generate controversy & negative vibes from just about everyone, so I'll keep this short & constructive:
ONE: please be thankful we even have a pillreports. Altho it does run itself, it was set up by volunteer work and all the updates are done out of the kindness of someone's heart (evidenced by the fact that I don't even know who to thank for doing it)
TWO: I mentioned this in one of the comments to some dud report on the site itself a while back, but pillreports is getting a LOT of word of mouth publicity at clubs & raves. These days someone will hand you a pill and talk it up by saying "it gets good reports on the web". Seriously. So you can imagine how many inexperienced lamers are out there posting reports. Unless a report is from someone's handle you recognise, take everything you read with a grain of salt. Learn to interpret comments - if they say "I walked 25km and got numb feet" but under contents put MDMA - blah, it was a speed/ket pill. Duh. Just use commonsense, patience and understanding. This is to be expected when people who probably shouldn't have found ecstacy and raves in the first place, find out about pillreports.com and start ruining that too.
Sorry ppls but that's the way it is and without restricting who can post (defeats the purpose of harm minimisation) we can't do anything about it.

Links to the new guidelines are now splatted up and about pillreports (I found someone who could do it! Kaloo kalay!). Enjoy.
God I feel like singing.
"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me haaaaappy when skys are grey..."
Agree with the 'be thankfull for pillreports', could you imagine what it would be like with no service like this? It has cleaned up a bit since the start of the year when 4117 uber mod powers were introduced.

I agree....
Speed bombs should get nothing more than a 1. It's speed for f#$k's sake.....u don't peak like a E at all.
Pill reports is good...and l've been looking at it for over a year now....to many wankers writing stuff on it nowdays.
It's a pill report...not a place to say what/how many u did on the nite.
My 2 cents worth - Spizz

This is a little off topic but..is the latest post on pill reports dated march 11 for everyone else? And has there only been 3 or 4 reports posted in the last few weeks?
Is my computer broken or is this how it is for everyone? hope this is understandable i be a wee bit stoned...packs another cone...

Sorry, everything fine, getting nearly a page of reports every week coming through. Try clearing your browser cache.

Origionally posted by Pundi:
I would like to see some sort of checkboxes when you submit, like for duration, effects and suspected contents. That way it would be possible to generate a computer rating, that might be a better guide.
-=|T o p i d e a|=-
would'nt be difficult to implement either, bit of addition and value setting and thats it.
I hope this idea gets some consideration because it would eliminate the problem of some users blatent REFUSAL to SELF-EDUCATE about a simple scoring system which is quite adequate.
------------------
Niques Wisdom
- Don't ever try your best, it's the first step to failure.
-It is far better to be pissed off than pissed on.
-If someones life is in danger, do not help them, this will almost always bring you to the same fate.

thanks soma
smile.gif

now im bordering on being guilty of clogging up the forum (let alone being highly annoying) but I cleared my browser cache and gave more disk space to it and pillreports still only shows 2 reports for the last month and then a few reports from may2000. anyone else had this problem before?

I agree with don ,i look out for user's that are regular or known bluelighters everyone else is just background unfortunately ,what about bluelight approved pill reporter's eg motoman,don,smurf you know people who's opinion we trust be nominated bluelight approved pill reviewers ,we bluelighters nominate and vote for new applicant's every few months ,it does not have to be elaborate just a simple light bulb next to there names would be funky and easy to find ,i dont know just another idea .
(() (() (() (() (() (() (() (() (() (() (() .

It doesn't usually take a long time before an incorrect report gets jumped upon by everyone else. The whole 'peer review' thing really works (well I think it does).
It gets hard to remember sometimes that the focus of pillreports is not to find the best pill but to find the bad ones. The fact that the majority of people do use it to find the best (best being mdma specifically) is a side effect.
I'm not sure an 'approval' system is going to be very useful unless a profile system (like on Bluelight) is used where the number of reports/comments and the like can be seen by other people. The flip side of this is I can bet there are a whole swag of people that want the anonymous system to stay. There is no 'community' aspect to pillreports, and a more 'clinical' feel is trying to be introduced, anything beyond that the people are redirected to bluelight.
The thing I would like to see most is at least an email address supplied when you register, so mods can have some way of contacting a person if they are a real dickhead. You'd be surprised just how many users are on that have a total post of 1 and how many people just simply don't know their drug effects. Its hard to put a rule in the posting guidelines to say 'You have to be intelligent when you use this site'.
The number 1 thing that has to be looked at is the rating system. A lot of people simply can't comprehend the complexity of it.

soma just made me think of something. it's prolly too complicated and would just take up valuable server time, but wouldn't it be great if every user on pillreports had a question mark next to their name, same as bl, so you can find out how long they've been posting, and how many posts they've had, etc. this history should be separate from the bl info if the user is registered on both.

There is kinda that facility there already, although only the admins and mods can use it. There is a little link that looks like *#$! underneath the username, which when clicked (and after you go through the authentication process) allows you to view both pillreport and comment history of the user (and do things like delete, make comments etc). I would hazard a guess that the most info people would want available would be the number of reports and number of comments made.
Based on how hard it was to get the posting guidelines updated, I wouldn't hold your breath on any cool things like this coming right away. There is supposed to be a new version of pillreports coming.
Not that I'm whinging on how long it takes to get things done (some things are done fast), its just... well.
OK, perhaps I am whinging.