Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big And Dandy Psychedelic Realisations Thread Lool

genaro

Bluelighter
Well, I'm opening a very special thread here:

Let's all tell each others about any psychedelic realisations we have gone through...

This can be really fun!

So, I suggest each time you have had a trippy psychedelic thought that has merged in your mind you add it here...

It would be great if you would add your new realisations as they merge, on a regular basis so we have a great collection here, a thread that would be full of new ideas, dreams and individual knowledge.

This way we could learn from each other knowledge, and it would also be very interesting to see what "common structure" would connect all these ideas.

I decided to post this thread in the PD forum instead of the "thought & awareness" forum because these realisations are especially touching psychedelic users.

All ideas are welcome (even if it's not drug related: for instance it can be knowledge you've learnt from any psychedelic experience including meditation, shamanism, sorcery, transe states, deep thinking...any !)

But don't tell ideas you've read from books (unless the knowledge you learnt reading this book is much more than what was literally writen in it), try to stick to personal ideas , personal knowledge you've learnt from your own experiences!!!

Please develop your ideas so they are fully understandable.

Well I hope many people will answer my call !
I'd love to see such a mystic thread always on top of the list with each time new ideas.

Thanks to all for sharing your knowledge with the community !

COME ON ! SHARE YOUR OWN KNOWLEDGE !!! :)

Last edited:
how little verbal communication actually matters, and yes, how little matter really matters (or, seems to matter, or could matter)

edited to add some details ::

it's been a few years since I've had this insight ... so many times on acid me and a fellow tripper(s) would start talking about this and that, and realise that, actually, there is simply NO WAY to adequately verbalise what was going on between resp. inside of us... we had a profound sense of sharing a very similar experience and any atempt at expressing any the feelings/impressions/awe we felt was futile... a look into the other's eye, however, said it all. More than 1000 words.

In everyday life we are not nearly as sensitive and make do with that language stuff - not least because we forget that we all share this "being human, here, now" thing all the time, take it for granted, sort of. While tripping, this is no longer so- Each one of us becomes more vulnerable, more fragile, more sensitive, more overwhelmed with the experience of being - and thus more open... and more aware of the inadequacy of words, which really just scratch the surface.

I reckon 80+% of what goes on between people is non-verbal. Body language and exchange of energy...
it seems that while on psy's this really comes out, and that whetever one is going to relate to the other person becomes a mere stating the obvious.

This is not to say that having a way with words cannot be beneficial. But the more I use psy's the less regular novels (and I was an avid reader once) seem to float my boat.

regarding what i said about matter... whenever I haven't tripped for a while I tend to get caught up in materialistic thinking. I then realise how little these things ultimately matter, and that what life is all about is something else.

I think it's in roliepolie's recently dug-out dmt trip report that I read that only some 2% (or whatever) of the universe are actual matter - the rest is energy... and this makes sense to me.

to use tim leary's words, when you 'float beyond fear & desire' you are truly able to see how materialistic society is, and that what really matters is only whyt you can take to the grave with you. and that's neither words nor objects.

Last edited:
Oh, and that drugs made me realise that natural drugs, adrenaline, endorphines, serotonine, can provide a buzz equalling that of weak e.

That our language is more of a hinderance than any real help.

All belief systems and modes of perception are what is called "dreaming"--the human mind is conditioned--it projects its own self onto the observed reality. The real reality is meaningless, purposeless, and exists only for it's own sake--as art exists for art's sake. The web of life is interdependent and connected to such a degree that every aspect of it is completely significant--each person creates vibrations throughout the entire boundless ocean of reality by every thought and action. The ego is the barrier to truth and the truth is that the All is One and that being is infinite and eternal even if form is transient.

1.) Categorization is an illusion. You aren't special just because you are white, or american, or even human.

2.) The human mind has limits. Any knowledge you think you have is insignificant. Tripping, for me, shows me what I don't know rather than what I do know.

3.) The origin of life is the most amazing thing in existence (just look at any living organism while tripping and try and figure out why/how it got there).

4.) Consciousness could be an illusion.

Eternity will be a state of pure existance.

That's the best I can say it using words.

Oh, and consciousness is a dimension (to me anyway).

Realisations

My best recollection is that, in general terms of life, it's best to have less shit to fuck with, rather than the other way around.

Categorization is an illusion
That's a good one. For further info, download some Alan Watts audio.

Also, psychedelics have helped to integrate some natural science into the everyday perception of the world. For example, thinking in terms of physical, physiological and chemical causality instead of using only categorization/linguistic thought too much.. "electricity is blue and it hurts". Also, the close experience of the relationship between language and the mind is what lead me to study linguistics.

experience is a physical/chemical process

"consciousness" does not mean any one thing, but refers to myriad possible experiences, and thus is a confused and confusing way of speaking about such things

-ek-stase

Psychedelics have taught who i am and what i am living for. I feel that asking questions not nescessarily asked is what gives my life meaning. Psychedelics have taught me firsthand the terms: Chaos, Eternity, Bliss, Ecstasy as i believe i have been through each term as if i was actually the term itself.
Also psychedelics have taught me to marvel at our human brain in all its complexity and to learn that what we see when sober is all an illusion, a fake contrusct of our minds that binds us to our ego and primal instinct of want and need.
The world these miraculous drugs have opened me up to allows me to perceive and exist comfortably; my life is now centered on the religious experience and nothing else seems to be as important; however, this is not effecitng me negatively it allows me to look within the future with purpose and improves my drive with education.
Like Leary suggests turn on, tune in and drop out.

peace

that verbal communication sounds fucking stupid.
and that it is almost impossible for me to verbaly communicate with some people.

I've learned that the dish called "mushroom matta" was supposed to mean "mushroom matter", they just fucked up the translation. Yes, I was on mushrooms when I thought of this.

that life and the universe as we know it is just a big joke and people take it too seriously..

endlesseulogy said:
that life and the universe as we know it is just a big joke and people take it too seriously..

that reminds me of the first time i smoked a high dose of salvia. it undid the universe and i was able to percieve my whole life as a joke or dream. i thought i was gonna come back and tell people that life was just a joke (the idea that no one would believe me didn't occur to me). when i got sober again and read trip reports i realized i wasn't the first person to realize it but there is no way to understand it without experiencing it.

i've learnt that WE are HERE !

and other various colourfully stretchy gooey realisations stemming from this one ever-growing, every-changing ever-twisted insight!

Tripping on shrooms I always see a lot of patterns, and movement within the patterns. I've realized that everything is connected, I care more about those connections, and I try not to take things too seriously. My first mushroom trip (or rather the weeks after it) changed my life--love every moment, because you can feel it.