Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What's with the Vibe Aussies?

pinger

Bluelighter
hey guys, what's up?
This board has become a little testy recently. What's with the vibe?
There seems to be a lot of people on here taking themselves WAY too seriously.
This supposedly from a group of likeminded individuals purportedly belonging to a tight knit and evolved community.
So everyone chill. Take a seat and relax. Go to your happy place. That's better.
Remember, this is a drug and harm minimisation website. It's also about living life with an open mind. It's also about fun. Let's not take it too seriously all the time. Sometimes we try to take all the fun out of getting out of it.
Whining and bitching is not the reason I started to hang out at Bluelight. Take it elsewhere.
my very, undervalued australian 0.02 c
pinger

you stole my word
word
need a new one
"solid" (clenches fist in salute)
------------------
lurker

totally agree pinger, its not a very pleasant place at the moment. BTW, this is in the wrong forum LMAO!!!
Anyway, i'll be in touch doode, are you still making a PILLgrimage to melbourne soonish?
Love yoo love yoo long time and good to have you back
smile.gif

------------------
"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past" - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Yeah I agree, it seems to get pretty nasty at times. Can everyone please stop it because it makes this site look really shitfull, no one will even want to come here anymore.

i *know* more than a few people on here with the *nastiness* are good friends in real life and are just having a bit of fun
smile.gif

------------------
mean people suck... nice people swallow

Totally agree with pinger - just a quick look at the flaming and name calling on "Benefits of speedbombs" is enough to make anyone think that we have all lost the love. Most people that have replied to that thread have without fail used abusive and caustic words where a simple reprimand and citing of the rules of bluelight would do. It seems to have descended into petty name calling rather than an open-minded discussion which is what i would hope is allowed on a site that deals with the wide range of issues that are put forth.
I'm sure a stranger looking at bluelight would be quite taken aback by the pettiness in some threads and would probably turn away from this site and miss out on all the support and information that bluelight was created to provide. That would be a real shame and in the end this is defeating the purpose of bluelight as a site and as a community.
------------------
see no evil <=> live on ees

I fully agree pinger. I hate those 'your opinion is wrong and my dick's bigger than your dick' exchanges. But what can be done.. this is a chat forum after all.
Something to remember is that you can't pick the tone of voice from the written word. Recently, I accidentally posted a question in the wrong forum, and moderater Johnboy moved it with a little slap-on-wrist comment of his own. It pissed me off enough to post a 'fuck you' response.. but then I realised I was being a twacker and deleted it.
So here's a suggestion: if you're taking the piss, make it clear that you're not doing so maliciously. And if you've had the piss taken, think before you fire off a reply. Might help make the whole bluelight world a nicer place.. here's hoping
smile.gif

peas, gloves, immunity and bespectacles to you all
------------------
Some are born blonde.
Some achieve blondeness.
Some have blondeness thrust upon them.

thank you for deleting it. i wish more people would take the time to think before they start flaming...
(btw how mad can you be when all i did was agree that you were a blond? a self depreciating nickname sorta says you are up for a joke... and ask anyone else, if i'm being mean you will know about it...
wink.gif
)
as for the larger issue, well i can't really comment because i've stopped reading every post in the oz forums. not because i don't have time, because i, too, am getting sick of the tone.
i guess it was inevitable. once oz bluelight grew to a certain level it was bound to end up like this. so now deal with it.
but i will not be taking the easy way out that many have, i.e. just leave.
now my focus is on the whole of bluelight, trying to make it into a coherent whole. that leaves the day to day handling of these forums in the moderators hands. it's up to them to deal with this sort of thing.

Like I said, I was being a twacker..
wink.gif

oh and sorry.. you're an administrator, not a moderator.. my mistake!
smile.gif

This is something I think we need to sort out ASAP before some of us get a bit sick of all of the bitching and move on.
I have to admit though I too am guilty of bitching and whining as well. I think most of the problems are in the Aus Social Forum where a couple of threads have been closed off for reasons which have been classified as bullshit threads, and some of us have kicked up a stink about it.
Another problem is that some of the Mods seem to be taking things personally which really shouldn't be the case at all. As far as my whinging went it wasn't personal at all and I really don't appreciate having someone jump down my throat. This doesn't mean I'm going to hold a grudge over it though.
I was just curious though, why is it that some threads like for example MunkE vs Piglet thread get to stay open, and other threads such as Dodgy or Suss BLters get closed???? Before anyone comments about this, read both of them first and then put your opinions down. As far as I'm concerned they're both bullshit threads which are perfectly harmless.
I think the key here is consistency. The mods need to be consistent on which threads need to stay open and which threads need to be closed.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that I agree with you Johnboy. It was inevitable that this would happen eventually.

You dont want to go down the same path of spraci
I remember one of the last messages i read there.
" i hereby name this the bitching board "

C'mon guys, I know the tone's been a bit, well, blue lately, but... I guess all I wanted to say was that I still love Bluelight, it's definitely no chore for me to come here every 10 or so minutes, and I think it'd be a shame if all y'all got jaded over a few disputed decisions or miscommunications.
Everyone's gotten 'into trouble' from someone at one stage or another. You just have to get over it.
Anyway, it's not my intention to gloss over what are very legitimate issues...but this is a pep post, yeah!
So feel better everyone....BLUELIGHT STILL ROCKS!!!!

umm hate to burst all your bubbles, but I never knew Bluelight abided by PLUR.
Just because majority of the people enlisted in BL are ravers means that this place would be a nice place to chat for all. People conflict. It's natural, and get over it.
Plus conflict makes for interesting discussion.

Hi pinger!
smile.gif

i know why you didnt want to become moderator!
what pinger said!
cause if i was to write my opinion.ahh,well.It would probably be long and confussing!
hum...
yeah ill say nothing!
smile.gif

Right On Ping!
unfortunately i haven't been reading bluelight as of the past week and a half - school is crazy and I simply haven't had time, however I just read "Benefits of Speed" and agree, the tone of this site is going down...
This is a site for discussion of something we love to do on the weekends! Something we use to enhance our life adventures (hehehe cooorny)
smile.gif
we shouldn't be getting so shirty about it.
People don't come on here to read other people's crap, they come here to be informed, share experiences and have a bit of a laff - fun, happy, enjoyable stuff
smile.gif

Smile, happy
smile.gif
happy
smile.gif
happiness

Know exactly what you mean pinger...and everyone else. Unfortunately for us and everyone else ou there, it's not just happening in Aus
frown.gif
frown.gif
Found a lovely thread in Med Q&A that seemed oddly familiar to our 'Benefits of speedbombs' one. Same theory...different practice seems to be the problem. We all have the right intentions most of the time i think...it's just how we put it into practice.
Pity though

Pinger...get a life. Who do you think you are trying to tell other people what to say/do???? People like you shit me because you think everything is happy and nice. Well its not. Wake up and smell the coffee.
Why dont and take a good look at yourself because by the sounds of things, your just another speed bomb freak.
Just kidding!!!
But seriously though, sometimes things need to be said.
smile.gif
))
Speed bombs=aussie bakes=???!!shit?

Well I think everyone who is so concerned about the vibe of the place going down should do something to bring it back up again.
We can keep telling people to chill out, and that's really all that needs to be done, everyone needs to chill out, but there will always be times where discussions get heated... I just hope people can have those healthy discussions without turning them into flame fests, nothing wrong with a bit of heat, just no-body light a match! (or a lighter, 'specially those blue ones...)