Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

ATTENTION ALL EVERYONE (PARTICULARLY NEWBIES) - RE: PILL REPORTS

E^lEctric

Bluelighter
OK time for me to have a whinge, but i feel a warranted one and probably speaking for the majority of regulars here. I have noticed that pillreports is getting very bad again lately. This is mainly due to a lot of newbies posting reports without reading the bloody guidelines.
For god's sake please educate yourself. It doesn't take that long, and the guidelines are very easy to follow (well i think so). Iam getting sick of reading bullshit misinformed guestimates of what pills are like. It is also pushing down good reports to the second page rather quickly due to 5-6 crap reports by the same person.
To make life easier here is a few pointers right here for some of you:
1. Report every possible distinguishing feature of a pill. I.e. Dimensions of pill & logo, Score or not, sharp or bevilled edges, good/bad press, possible speckles, taste and even smell if applicable. As we all know there are so many different batches of generic brand pills, such as Mitsu's, Butterfly's etc.
Some are awesome, a lot are Shite. In the end it's our hard-earned we are giving the DD and i demand value for money. Remember they need us more then we need them. So as far as iam concerned if you just report the pill as round and a particular colour, it's basically a useless report. I know many of you buy in club on the night, but if you just shove it straight down your mouth, then don't bother reporting it here.
2. Report DETAILED effects. Not shit like, "I was fucking wired for 6 hours man". Things like total duration, how long peak lasted?, how long before you started to come up?. Report side effects also, was there jaw-grinding?, how much empathy? How clean was it? Easy to dance or more of a sit down touchy feely pill? Was there any comedown? You get the picture.
3. Please try and test, i know not everyone has access to one. I would be happy enough if the previous 2 points were fulfilled to a high standard but no test was done. However a test does give us a lot more authenticity and really proves to us whether it contains MDxx, amphaetamine based or bunk contents.
Purple/Black=MDxx
Orange/Brown=Speed
Clear=God know's what
4. Correlate the ratings guideline as you enter pillreports.com with what i have mentioned above and you will be able to assign a rating easily. Iam sick of seeing crap like "Mad bikkie, peaked for 8 hours, danced all night, shitty comedown though" and then rate it 8.
This is not a speed site, all speedbombs rate 1, doesn't matter how good they are and if they kept you up for 4 days. However we still encourage you to report these speedy pills, just make sure you understand the rules behind rating them. This helps us avoid crap pills on the market.
5. Unless you can demonstrate a clear understanding of the differences in effects btw MDxx and speed, DO NOT MAKE ILL-INFORMED STATEMENTS. Especially if the pill has not been tested!
6. Please do not take this to heart newbies and others, it's for your own good and helps keep this site remain an excellent and credible source of information. Cheers
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by E^lEctric (edited 15 September 2000).]

well said!
I am also sick of those daft flamers who just say "that was a shit post... if you were my friend id fucken smack your head open, that was shit" who is that helping??
ok, I suggest that evey bluelighter who posts in pillreports in the next 2 weeks posts this link at the bottom of every comment and new report. EVERY time, then they will catch on.
The one main gripe I have and god it shits me is speed bombs getting any more that 1. "I dont care what was is it, I felt awesome, 9!" - Well, I couldnt give a toss because its breaking the guidelines.SPEED PILLS GET RATINGS OF 1
its fine if you state in the comments that it was a good speed pill, but for quick reference, they should all get 1's. *phew*

BUMPITY BUMP BUMP!!!
I just had this same conversation wif a mate of mine on saturday night. In one case a pill i had tested and tried (which was full of speed and god knows what else) had been rated 8 by someone else (same location, description, etc....). Also about 2-3 months ago it seemed like maybe 75% of reports had tests, now maybe 50%. Anyway, this trend needs to be fixed..... :)
AJ.

E^lectric i've gots to aggree, the ratings and reports are more and more like advertisements, and i can tell you now melbourne is not THAT flushed with wicked pills (unless some of us are in caves)...
ie: (from HSV_KING (maaate...))"you are all dumb fucks, a smacky pill isn't a pure pill that knocks you off your feet, that is a good pure pill. A smacky pill is a heroin based pill, what are you all 13 years old or somthing, go to every picture you underage cunts."
okay then...
or has anyone tried the green pound that tests 9, goes for 8 hours and comes down like the Hindenburg zepplin?!?
grr..... i don't even know why i'm bothering with this!!
smile.gif
i think i'll go back and post losts of responses...
smile.gif

HAHA, yeah it's all too familiar of late isn't it. Used car salesmen would be proud of the sales pitch some ppl are demonstrating on pillreports at the moment! As for HSV King, i noticed those lovely comments. Yes the report was a bit dodgy from what i can gather, but how is a comment like that going to improve the overall situation, which he/she obviously wasn't happy with in the first place. As far as iam concerned your just as bad as the person who posted the report, saying those sorts of things. It's all about educating ppl and trying to provide constructive criticsm. The situation will not improve by being rude, obnoxious and showing a complete lack of disrespect to fellow users. All i want is for bluelight to remain a consistent and reliable source of information, whether it be in the drug discussion forum or pillreports. So lets all help each other out on this one alrighty
smile.gif

on pillreports all i do is look for names i know from BL. names who know their shit, and post good reports. neone else's reports i treat with scepticism.
------------------
if the journey's fun, it's well worth taking.

Yep E^lectric I totally back you up on this one, pill reports is just getting used for people wanting to say how good or bad there night was (good on ya guys, I'm glad you had a good night but it's not a social thing, it's for pill reports). I have come to a conclusion, but I don't know if it will work. Is it possible for Jase or someone to make the database only recongnize people from bluelight that have posted more than 30 messages on the Bluelight site?? That way it will stop uneducated people from posting reports. What do you guys think?

Pillreports is not only a resource for members of Bluelight. If that were the case then it would merely be an add on (ie another forum) to the Bluelight.nu site. Pillreports.com is an entire seperate entity that just happens to b administrated by the same guy.
If you aim to block reports from non-Bluelighters you are drastically cutting down the number of reports entered. Whether the be dodgy reports or good reports is not the point. Although I wholeheartedly agree that some of the reports are absolute shyte, i also use my own discretion (read: brain) when reading them. Most of us can usually tell when it's a dodgy report and while I know this doesn't help the newbies too much, BUT with the addition of OUR more trustworthy (?? surely some Bluelighters have been responsible for fucked up reports aswell??)reports slowly the standard will be raised.
Cheers to the starter of this post, I totally agree that we should link to this thread (remember that some people who post reports may not have even heard of Bluelight - therefore this is pointing them in the right(??) direction.
Just to reiterate (i want to be heard goddamnit!!) I DO NOT believe that making Pillreports only reportable by bluelighters will benefit anyone. Its elitist (even though it has good intentions behind it) and will achieve not much more than substantially cutting down the number of reports we recieve.
Alot of the Bluelighters I know travel in the same circles and get their pills off the same few guys, meaning that only particular pills might end up getting reported on.. make sense??
Blah blah rant rant. I've had my say..
Oh yeah AND... if you don't agree with a report make sure you add a comment. I know that I didn't agree with a report that fully praised the Green Motorolas (gave them an 8 or 9 when I saw that all my friends needed 2 pills for full effects) so please be a bit tougher on your pills. A good MDMA pill can still only rate a 6 or 7 (if the peak is short and/or more than one is needed), it's the mindblowingly excellent testing black one pill a night puddle of hugs pills that should be reserved for the 8, 9 and 10's...
*phew*
I think that's about it.
Oh yeah... AND *giggle* a suggestion.
Perhaps maybe if when we post to Pillreports, the Bluelighters can have that written under their name?? eg mona - Bluelighter. Maybe this would be a better idea than only allowing BL's to post.
cheers,
mona.

Yep mona, I think your right. Either bluelight under a persons name or their name in a different colour might do the job.

yeah whenever i read a pillreport i try to reference the person who wrote it.
ie i check their previous reports, their comments on other pills etc....esp in relation to pills that i've had. you can generally pick up an idea of how reliable their opinion is.
but it all means shit all next to a known bl name imo.

Yeah i share those sentiments Mona. In no way do i want to sound elitist by preventing the newbies from posting reports, although i think the suggestion has some serious merit. I also agree with you Mona that most of us here need only use their 'brain' in regards to ignoring these ridiculous reports. Most ppl are smart enough to only trust the reports of the regulars who display enough knowledge to gain some credibility.
Obviously drivvle such as 'Mad, 7-8 hour peak, danced all night, shitty comedown but worth it' (which seems to be every 3rd report at the moment) and then give it 9 without a test well.... most ppl are just going to ignore this crap.
But all this i feel is beside the point. My main concern though is the fact that because so many ppl now report pills due to this site growing at an incredible rate, the good reports are getting pushed down rather quick due to so many shite ones being posted. It's like looking for the tropical island in the ocean of shit. It wouldn't be so much of an issue if most of the reports were good and followed the GUIDELINES.
I remember when i was all new to this early this year and pill reports was terrific guide of what to look for and i learnt alot of what to expect from these different pills, whether it be Mdxx or Speedy ones. Iam not ignorant to relise that you shouldn't take these reports as the gospel, but no-one can deny how bad it is now. I think the DD's have gotten onto the growing popularity of BL and seen it as an opportunity for a sales medium. Remember this situation could get much worse before it gets better
frown.gif
I love BL because of it's credibility, thats all i ask of pillreports. It once was so why shouldn't i expect it to be now?
If any of you have other suggestions/ideas/thoughts feel free to throw them around
wink.gif

Great post E^lEctric.
One of the biggest problems is that non bluelighters dont necessarily understand the difference between mdxx and speed.
Still whenever there is a post like *yeah 9 hours man* it gets hammered pretty regularly with about 10 comments bringing it down a peg. So some sort of moderation does take place even if unofficially.
I guess also one thing that needs to be considered is that a post by a weekly muncher and someone coming off a 4 week break is going to be quite different. I remember being sent flying off half a BT when my mates got nothing off a whole one. But I had just taken 3 weeks off and they had gone out on the Thursday.
Personally I am rather sceptical always, unless I see the liquid turn black myself.

Hey E^lEctric i think i wanna have your children!!!! hmmmm, hope you're a boy?
Anyway, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you for laying it on the line. I only discovered pill reports about 6 months or so ago and I check it out just about every day. I have been amazed at how it has changed in such a short period. I personally wouldn't post a report unless I was sure I was giving as much info as possible because otherwise it's just useless. It seems that most people who are posting these days are doing it to have a boast about the pills they've tried and the night they've had. And frankly........I don't give a shit about whether or not they had a good night, I wanna know about the pill.
Anywho, just thought I'd say a big 'WELL DONE' to E^lEctric. It's good to see someone is trying to change things.
There's hope yet.

Thanks guys appreciate the positive feedback
smile.gif
Pleazed, yep iam a 'boy' well last time i checked anyway
wink.gif
As for wanting to bear my children well........ we shall just wait and see
wink.gif
Let's hope that the situation now improves as we raise the awareness of this issue. Take care one and all
smile.gif

Mate of mine and I have always wanted to make our own pill reports site using asp, we think we could do it but we just never have the time =), and wouldnt want to start a competitors site just yet
smile.gif
smile.gif
. could just create more problems like which bloody site would you post on now? However we would be open to new suggestions and would continually modify the reports page to improve it *cough* *cough*
smile.gif
smile.gif

One feature ive always wanted to see added is the ability to agree/disagree with someones comments on a pill. It may be a complicated system but it works on the basis that if someone has posted on a lot of pills, and lots of other regulars agree with his/her posts then they would have strong weighting on what a pill is worth. By filling in all the fields all the time they also gain better weighting. Of course this may create problems too... because as we all know many people base the pill report on how their night was.
We need to find away to make it more difficult for their emotions to come into play and more facts like PILL TESTS to come into play, new site woudl be NO PILL test no relevence. hey maybe if the person who gets the most Pill Points wins a green CU at the end of each month bwhawhwhahahahah
smile.gif
smile.gif

get back to bed brain! who let you out this early....