Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

SUMMER- bring it on!!!!

pinger

Bluelighter
whilst going on my nightly run on Monday, i was met with a pleasant surprise- it's warming up! I love summer, it makes me a MUCH happy person, and less of an old grumpy bastard.
anyway, if this is OT, move it....but here is an old post i had on the original board. it does contain some drug references hence i consider it appropriate.
ping
summer...ahhh
the suns first photochemical rays kiss you and suddenly you know everything is going to be good for another year. it warms your skin and blood, until it feels like a shot of good scotch heading to your belly. your epidermis tingles like the backwashing build of a good pill. you can smell the freshly cut lawns and flowers in the air. people smell like sunscreen. you can hear the cicadas and the frogs celebrating the arriving warmth and their ensuing sex season. everyone is happy. summer is here.
the beach takes on another dimension. previously, what was a desolate patch of dirt intent on finding it’s way into your shoes, eyes or underwear, becomes a glorious heated catwalk with a paddling pool at the end. we are blessed in australia with some perfect beaches, thousands of miles of coastline meant we had to get it right in some places. miles of white sand and perfect blue water surround all our coastal cities. at the beach I love spreading coconut oil on the taught tummy of your tanned girl. i know i may as well be spreading cooking oil on a loved one, but it’s a funky sexy smell and dammitt if i don’t enjoy it. i love wearing thongs and crappy t-shirts and big mexican sombrero’s. i love bodysurfing amongst the waves and wonder if anyone else thinks they are a dolphin for a brief second. i love reading a book in the sand, the rays feel like they are infusing your body slowly and lulling you to a trippy, contented state.
i love getting a summer haircut, going to the cricket, moonlight swims, hot feet on asphalt, icypoles, boogie boards, margarita’s, waterslides, suntans, bad Hawaiian shirts, singlets, sunscreen, waterpistols, electric fans, paddling pools, sand on your feet, waterslides, making hot sweaty love, cold showers, sunshowers.
i love summer for the social facilitator it is. rainy winter weekends spent in front of a fire with a good book by yourself, become barbeques and gatherings at friends houses. bring a salad and some meat, and more beer than you can possibly consume. gather around, catch up on where we were all hibernating all winter, and relax in the warmth of the living. Swap crappy stories, and chase the deathly cold from your bones with the living heat.
I love going to summer parties, putting on your boardshorts and sunscreen, grabbing a sensible hat and sunglasses. grabbing your water and your pills and heading to a party. i love having a beer at the end of the weekend, and watching the sun descend slowly into the water
and i love summer for how happy it makes people. ever noticed how people seem more relaxed? ever noticed it’s easier to get a smile. ever noticed how you’ve never seen an e called "winter". however, i’ve seen plenty of "suns" or "summers" or "inca’s". that’s because the sun makes us happy.
fuck i love summer
pinger

two words pinger: fuck you
melbourne is back in cold grey mode and summer seems as distant as end to the war on drugs (see,this is on topic)...
mind you at least when it does get here it wont rain everyday like it does in sydaknee.
conspiracy theory: anyone else (in melbourne) notice what a fantastic day it was grand final day? and how the week before it, and the days after it have been complete shite?
i reckon "they" can control the weather... but it must be kept in balance; one fantastic sunny day = one piss poor week.
------------------
"i think i'll stick to drugs to get me thru the long, dark night of late-capitalism..."
Irvine Welsh

aaaaahhhhhhhh pinger....summer....blissssssssss
..god, instead of working, as i was reading that i just went into a beautiful summer daydream..the smell of frangipani on the warm summer night...
i'm just revelling in the smell of my wisteria as it starts blooming....beautiful...roll on summer...and thank god for wollongong's miles of beautiful uncrowded beaches.....

heehee! If nothing else (but trust me, there is!), I just love the fact that after I finish work there's still 4 hours of daylight to play around in! Fun Fun Fun in the Sun Sun Sun!
Nothing's better than a surf after work to keep your body & mind in tune with itself
(remind me again why I moved away from Wollongong?)

Oh i hear ya Pinger. Party season is also fast approaching. The weather basically reflects my mood
wink.gif

hmm feeling guilty about OT
here's something on Seasonal Affective
Disorder (SAD)
Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
Everyone recognizes "spring fever," the giddiness that lifts the spirits as the short, dark days of winter become the longer, sunnier days of spring. Doctors first noticed its opposite number, annual winter depression, 150 years ago, but the condition remained a medical footnote until the early 1980s, when researchers began linking the darkening of people's winter moods to, well, the dark -- lack of sunlight from November through March.
full article here:
http://www.depression.com/health_library/types/types_02_seasonal.html

ghhahagghahhhaaa....
could i suggest that pingers post and johnboys reply be added to FAQs for threads which run along the melbourne v sydney argument - it takes a sydneysider 600 words to say "ain't summer great" and a melbournite just two to agree
wink.gif

all i can say...after two weeks of blissfull dancing in the sunshine of england (no don't laff...no radiation either, so mmmhhhr) is:
coooooommmmmmee ooonnnnnnn
LETS BE HAAAAAVIIIINNN IIITTT!!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
"i'm a cool young brother who just looks kinda old"

This post gave me goosebumps the first time and it has again this time.
I'm at the beginning of a cool holiday, it's spring and the cherry blossoms that line the streets around here are starting to bloom, I can curl up in the lounge chair and read a book on the balcony with my tracky dacks rolled up to my knees...leaving the doors wide open all day and watching my kitten play in the sun as the breeze sweeps through the house. *sigh*
I'm heading back to Sydney tomorrow I'm gonna have a huge weekend, then spend the next few days preparing for when i go to perth to see a boy
wink.gif
on MONDAY!!!! *giggle*
I am as excitable as a child about the feeling of summer coming on (which means it's spring *rReOw*) Thankyou Pinger for reminding me why I am SUCH a good mood...
*skips away*
[This message has been edited by mona (edited 06 September 2000).]

YES! Summer is finally here! THe sun shines through my windows again, i dont need 4 or 5 layers to wear and I'm so much happier...
God I hate winter!!! I'm sooooo glad it's over!
aaaahhhh.... sydney sun..... sydney beaches.... sydney sydney sydney.....!

bah-humbug!
smile.gif

Even me, winter horsey, is starting to long for a bit of a summer. Strolls along the beach at 7pm with ur gorgeous girl, big days of 10+ hours surfing till you swear you own the beach, cold glass of coke at the end of a hard day. Bring it on
but take these out first: sleepness nights because its too hot. Sweaty fooling around with gurls (some may like it, but its not my thing) sand in your jocks, sunburn, mosquitos...hang on...winter...dont go away, I love you!!
Hehe, I love winter so much that just when its going to start toasting up, i'll be over the other side of the world in thermals and a beanie!!
smile.gif

Take care everyone! - Horse
smile.gif

ps pinger: soft cock poet! hahahahah
[This message has been edited by Mr. Horse (edited 06 September 2000).]

We will all be thinking of you Horse while we're toasting away at some bush doof, surrounded by mother nature in all her glory
wink.gif

If for anything else...bring on summer for the multitude of bush doofs here in Victoria...least of all Earthcore
smile.gif

------------------
"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on" - Billy Connolly

I love summer, the heat is mad... but its so so so so far off
frown.gif
so looks like i will have to spend my long days at the snow shreading it up
smile.gif

------------------
+ It's Nice to be important but its more important to be Nice +

Summer for sitting at the computer with nothing but boxer shorts and a beer...

Hurry up Summer!!!!! I can't wait to go to the beach again, and for Earthcore
smile.gif

the best part about summer would have to be watching the cricket - i know i'll get some 'disagreements' here but there's nothing better than being at home all day every day, lying on the couch, going through some beers, and watching the aussies win over and over and over again, all the tests.. and just about all the one-dayers as well.. i didnt manage to make it to any of the games last year - maybe this year i will.
even the last time i went on holiday with the folks.. all i did in merimbula was lie there and watch the cricket.

Awww summer. As everyone else has said summer is a beautiful, but Horsey you are correct it also has its downfalls. Myself? I can't wait for summer, I'm sitting right next to a few excellent mitsi's and 2 earthcore tixs (nov and NYE). But i believe the original post was on the weather, and summer sure is nice! But hey, let us not live in the future but in the present, in otherwords try to find a way to enjoy the cold!
Spring is an awesome season, and even though it means no 'rugs no partyin for 3 months, i am still enjoying it. Exams and studyin aint fun, but i'm trying to make the best of a bad situation! One way i find it easy to get by, is to think of past springs in your life, trying to recall very deep and early memories. Didn't know i could remember things from so long ago! Let us not live in the future, but in the present!
Johnboy, i agree whole heartedly with what your saying. I also think they are playing with our minds ( 'muahaha, 'well give them one day of summer and make them suffer with a week of winter. muahaha'
smile.gif
)
In closing, my client CrazyAustralian would like to say that he did not mean to offend in this post, and that he is so scatterd that he can't remember many comments from the original post. If his ramblings were OT he is sorry. He has recently finished his loui to aid the studying and smoked his last cone followed by the ceremonial smashing of the bong that was.
smile.gif

*HmPf**HmPf**HmPf**HmPf**HmPf**HmPf**HmPf**HmPf**HmPf**HmPf**HmPf**HmPf**HmPf**HmPf**HmPf*
-this really sucks-
All ye lucky bastards getting to enjoy the "fine" weather.
Me? I haf just been JAILEd in this fucking sunny island in the fucking sun called Singapore..ITs juz Fucking HOT and HUMID and the MORON who called it SUNNY island and made it sound all nice and shit MUST HAF BEEN ON DRUGS!!!! (see?? this post is drug related!!! *grin* its not OT )
Oh yeah, no, that fucker could NOT haf been on drugs cos the government would have HUNG him/her long ago.
Oh well! you ppl enjoy it! it would be at least a year more before i would get to enjoy it!
-ruffles feathers-
P.S. sorry about the negative thoughts, its juz that i miss mah happiness inducing substances!! =)

I'm going to have to keep reading this post over and over for the next six months while I'm having to cope through a London winter. *sigh*

Fuck summer
bah-humbug
:p
I hate hotness. I was saving to go to Tasmania for summer, to get away from the Perth heat... but all my money is gone... and then some.
You just reminded me I'm fucking stuck here. And it doesn't help that my YHA members magazine came today, with photos and stories of delightful sub zero degree areas of the globe. Gimme november to february in Norway any day!!
In the winter if you're cold (if you're a soft cock and can't handle the cold
smile.gif
) you can put on extra layers of clothing. In summer, you can't take off layers of skin or fat or nuthin.
pffffft. I hate summer
But I loooooove Perth spring
smile.gif
Its the perfect type of warmish wheather for me. So I can't complain.... yet.
When I move away from here, it will be springtimes that I come back for. But its always winter that I truly love. I want to feel the cold biting the inside of my lungs, see my breath, and feel that aliveness that freezing my teeny arse off gives me.
smile.gif

Sorry, I know this really not in the vein of this thread. But I've got no-one to talk to so I'm writing here anyway. :p