Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Sometimes speed is the answer.

dangermouse

Bluelighter
hi all, just a quick note. last night i went to sublime@home.. nick fish, jumping jack, andrew james... all really hard type banging stuff, we're talking 145bpm'ish
if i did it straight i would have been tired.
if i did it on a pill i would have danced for an hour and went off to chat to someone about something really interesting and meaningful (heh).
so i did a half weight.. and guess what, i had a fucking great time! no girl drama's, no emotions, just lots of energy to charge to the good music.
just in case you care.. i think mdma pills for me are only for the housier type sounds, and maybe slightly progressive... anything harder and you mis match your drug/music wavelengths ;-)
anyways, its different for us all, but i thought i'd just tell you about this revelation of mine.
(it doens't mean i want speed bombs either! if i munch pills, i want the real stuff!)
------------------
..dangermouse..
.you've gotta lose it.
.to find it.

mmmmh speed and breaks
i'm too messy on e's to get right into breaks, when i'm speeding i can concentrate more on the beats

I agree with you there. Pills for me are not about dancing at all when the music is faster. Even when the music is smoother and more housey I still don't dance for half as long as if I was just speeding.
But when it really comes down to it, I dance much harder and with more energy and for longer when i'm sober!! There's no point where I come down and I can just keep pushing my body....it's healthy exercise when you do it that way too!!!

On that topic, this may be of interest:
If you feel knackered after a night out it's probably because you've burned around 1,000 calories and done the equivalent of 90 minutes in the gym. Despite the sleep deprivation and dehydration, university researchers have come up with new facts on the hidden health benefits of 'avin it large and say clubbing could be the best bit of exercise you're getting.
Clubbing can't give you the perfect body but it can help you shift some pounds. The average man burns up to 1,200 calories (equal to two 14-inch cheese and tomato pizzas) by dancing for four hours; a woman shifts about 950 (one and a half pizzas). Just one hour of dancing can equal 20 minutes on the treadmill at seven miles an hour.
exerpt from "Is clubbing good for you?", MixMag, April 2000, Issue 107, Vol 2, page 033.
Well, aside from all the cigarette smoke, drugs, strawberry-flavoured fog and alcohol... yeah!
BigTrancer
smile.gif

--------------------------------------------
Anyone remember where I lost it?

i agree! i always try to match the drug w/ the type of party.. more often now, if its music i really dont want to miss, i wont roll cuz all that happens is i start talking, get sidetracked, fuzzyheaded, cant dance for shit (well if you know me you know i cant anyways hehe).. i never get to hear good music rolling! i love good speed when i wanna dance
smile.gif

woo! an hour of dancing hard to the happy hardcore set at @tmoshpere this friday on a good speedy pill. i hurt all over now.
smile.gif

smilez
smile.gif

Oh Flutter - you took the lifted those glorious 5 words right out off the edge of my tongue
wink.gif

Speed is ALWAYS the answer

Yep, I'm inclined to agree with all of you here. I went off the go for a while because of the Sunday arvo heart-palpitations thing, but I guess there is such a thing as moderation. And pills just sit me on my ass.
IMHO, a bit of a dip now and then does wonders.
And where were you, dangermouse?

YEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHH BAAAAAAAABY!!!!!
YOU FUCKEN KNOW AAAAAAAAAALL ABOUT DAT
IT THE FUCKEN ANSWER BABY!!! AND SO MUCH MORE!
It's a shoulder to cry on
It's a powerful motivator
It's a perfect pick me up, dance me all night long and keep me happy and energetic tommorrow
It's something to keep me interesting in whatever when I'm bored
It's a study tool, right next to pens and paper and pc
It's and absolutely ramdam, superonic, bophereinic, superstar superhero
It's a friend
It's like a father to me
wink.gif

And it's still soooo much more
Praise to the speed, it's not just a chemical compound baby, its a fucken way of life
Oh fuck you know what tho? It's Tuesday afternoon and I'm now planning a trip to the chemist for a fit pack. Yeah there's a downside, but there is with any close deeply personal relationship isn't there.
------------------
ultimately, we just want to be happy

oh really?
well you're free to judge yourself buddy
i find myself craving this method now and then.
I haven't done it in about 2 years, although some people have told me i did so in March/April, maybe. Anyway its a rare thing that i do when I want that feeling over the other. Yes I think that for me it would be going to far to do it more than a few times a year. It'd escalate. But I've known people that can do this a few times a week and get better grades than me at uni, so its orrite for some.
P.S. I decided not to go to the chemist, simply ocause I decided I'd prefer to keep my mind on a straight and narrow for a while longer :p
------------------
ultimately, we just want to be happy

I don't know much about shooting up but all the people I know that do it have very little control. I know that this may not be the case all the time but control slowly begins to slip away.
I take drugs because its a way of me having fun. I don't really find the rush of snorting all that enjoyable so I know that shooting up is not for me. I feel that people who shoot up take drugs because they NEED to. They become addicted to the instant effect of the drug.
I don't want to start a war here but I consider the needle something better left alone. I have seen too many people change completely for the worse because of it

so much fun to be had kicking back, enjoying the atmosphere & communicating with whoever (if you can speak).
so much fun to be had dancing all night & all morning & not realising your feet are killing you until you get home.
yay! for choices & variety.
------------------
to the crazy person, the normal one is insane

Dangermouse, you have just hit the nail on the head. Something that i can really relate to. Wont go on about it, the other guys have pretty much exhausted all the things i was going to say.
Spot On.

Sometimes speed is the answer.
...but I still haven't figured out the question...
------------------
"...I guess it was the beatings [that] made me wise..."

the great question of life, the universe & everything is:
what is 9 x 7 ?
(or something like that)
------------------
to the crazy person, the normal one is insane

psst....c'mere. I gotta secret:
7 x 6 is the question because the answer is 42. You didn't hear this from me, got it? They can't find out I told you...they're just looking for a reason to terminate me and turn my shin bone into a pencil box.
------------------
"...I guess it was the beatings [that] made me wise..."
[This message has been edited by Mr. Sticky (edited 29 July 2000).]

every fucking question you can axe me baby
if speed isn't the answer it'll find it for me.
back on IV. If you don't know alot and you see what's on tv and here about rumours of dumbass unhygenic fucked up smakheaps then yeah, intraveinous use is fucked up.
But if you've actually use a drug IV for a decent period of time and cared about your health and been responsible... it's a different story baby. And that's what I'm trying to talk about