• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

HURRY! JOIN THE ECSTASY ACTION GROUP! SEE INSIDE!

Orange Juice

Bluelighter
Well here it is! We are finally doing something about it!
This is a poll to see how many people would like to participate in an action group designed to help the cause which we are individually fighting each day. I started a thread at the end of May which was titled 'Absolutely, positively disgusted with the governments approach to e'. This thread sprouted a huge volume of substancial ideas, which I feel need to be massaged into action.
Please read the above thread so that you are brought up to date.
As a result of the above thread, I am staging an ICQ meetup so that we may voice our ideas and talk further. I feel that if we can talk in real time we could take the ideas to a higher level.
The proposed date for the meetup is Thursday 29th June, 2000 @ approx 8pm.
Everybody has ICQ?
I assume from glancing at the ICQ thread that majority of us have ICQ, so this shouldn't present a problem.
I am currently corresponding with Johnboy as to whether we can use the Bluelight name for the action group. I will revert soon with further information in this regard.
The goals of the action group are voluminous, however they revolve around public education and awareness, as well as stifling the publics impression of ecstasy, an impression which has been created largely by the media.
These goals would be achieved through such mediums as flyer handouts, newsletters etc. I hope that in the not too distant future we may gain media exposure, at which point we could justify our cause to the powers-that-be.
Unfortunately, I have not left myself enough time to go into depth about the group at this point. I'm sure the information herein is sufficient for you to decide whether or not you would like to participate. If you are feeling proactive and would like to lend a hand or even just pitch an idea, please post here. I will be documenting everybody who posts so that I have some idea of numbers for the 29th.
Looking forward to seeing many, many posts following this one.
------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE: CONSUMPTION OF e! CAUSES EXCESS SKINNY DIPPING WITH FRIENDS.
"Come in, it's really warm"!
Keep Rolling.
[This message has been edited by Orange Juice (edited 15 June 2000).]

fuck yeh
lets upset the general public
smile.gif

Count me in!!!!
smile.gif

------------------
"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on" - Billy Connolly

8pm where?
not in cyberspace.
I'll be there
I don't know about using the BL name tho. I don't know if Jase would want BL to be associated before he knew what was going to go on and what action would be taken etc. But its really for him to decide.

Entropope - These are all things that would have to be clarified with the powers-that-be. If we can't use the BL name, I'm sure we could summon our infinite creativity to come up with a different name. It's trivial anyway.
------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE: CONSUMPTION OF e! CAUSES EXCESS SKINNY DIPPING WITH FRIENDS.
"Come in, it's really warm"!
Keep Rolling.

er i think he means 8pm eastern standard time (damn easterncentric fools)
perhaps 9pms est would work better for all our perthites...
and yes we may or may not be using the BL name. that is for jase to decide. this wull only become an issue when this thing goes public, which is a way away yet...

for sure!! keep up the good work!!
------------------
There was no other earthly reason to have these goddamned fetid plants except to get high as a coon."
- Tom Wolfe, The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test

count me in. great idea
------------------
Cause life aint nothing but a good groove
A good mix tape to put you in the right mood

hey, l am there.
l got icq.
------------------
We must discover new frontiers... People have been standing for centuries before a worm-eaten door, making pinholes in it with increasing ease. The time has come to kick it down, for it is only on the other side that everything begins.
-Raoul Vaneigem

not very catchy, but the Society for the Greater Understanding of Recreational Drugs spells DRUGS backwards
smile.gif

Ok. u said u wanted ideas, so here are a few l have been munching on. First off, media recognition. This ones easy, a lot of tv shows r wired upto the net. Just send them emails whenever the topic of drugs/raves ect comes up. Its been up a lot recently, and if u happen to mention the group, all the better. You can do the same with newspapers, ect. Also, there might be BLers who r hooked up in the media in some way. l wouldnt be surprised.
Secondly, you could of coarse host raves. It would depend on the resources u can get off ppl at BL and how many people u can get to come, but its been done before. No biggy. l think a few people around here know a thing or two about raves.
wink.gif
Or at least know someone who does. Networking is the key.
Apart from that, this idea will suck or blow depending on the people that get involved. l do hope BL gets behind the group thou, and allows for the name to be used. Its a win win situation. It will gain BL recognition and more users/donations. Especially if it takes off. It could inspire others to do the same in other countries ect, lets face it, this DW has anoyed a lot of people and there are HUGE anti-DW organisations in the US. Groups such as this could potentially give BL the support it needs to survive, money wise. That is if the idea takes off, it is a good idea. It'll also be hard work for the poor fool who came up with it.
wink.gif
smile.gif

That drugs spelt backwards name is pretty sweet. It sounds more um, corperate and official. Maybe it'll fool 'em into thinking that its not just a bunch of E-TaRdS

I'm impressed. SGURD!? Well done, I like it. Oh, and I'm the poor fool!
Well, my ICQ# is 73372889, so go ahead and add me, you won't require authorisation.
The day draws nearer and yes, I am busy preparing for this meet. Let's give everybody a chance to say what they feel.
I do understand that this is going to be a lot of work, however as I sad to JB I'm a sucker for being proactive towards a cause that I really believe in. Kind of a fight to the death thing.
Besides, who doesn't love to put the media in their place?
------------------
~It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and say the opposite~

yeah i'll be there
smile.gif

i'm thinking that we should use the bluelight IRC chat room for this meetup.
ICQ has a tendency for ppl to drop out in large chatrooms.
if you've never used IRC before you'll need to get your hands on a IRC client. mIRC is pretty popular and it seems to work well
grab it at
http://www.mirc.com