• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

T O W N I E S

rm-rf

Bluelight Crew
fuck 'em

ight my school is in this tiny ass little redneck town. it really sucks because this school has very dedicated and extremely respectable science programs, and the people who just live in the town (i.e. the townies) are 3-toothed hicks that wear nothing but hunting outfits and dirty ragged loony toons shirts (i just have this stereotype with looney toons t shirts and rednecks).

naturally, like every college town, the townies hate the students, and the students make fun of the townies plight. however there is severe tension between townies and students in our town. the townies have formed this 'political' body against the university. I would like to add here that thier town is a complete bile piece of shit and only exists BECAUSE of revenue generated from the student body. However, the townies persist in waging a near-war against the students. Their little political force has lobbied the local state police chapter (yes, this town is too poor for township police) to strictly enforce underage drinking regulations. This doesnt directly affect me since I am of the US required legal drinking age, and id rather go to the bar anyways (cant get wings at parties! ;) ). Seriously now, this used to be one of the biggest party schools in the nation. We even ranked in Playboy's hottest women on campus list like 8 or 9 years ago. When I was a freshmen (many, many, many years ago) this school was nuts - drugs everywhere, partied like there was no tomorrow, and no one gave a fuck. I also live on the biggest party street in the town.

The street has never been quieter.

The stupid ass townies have caused the state police to bring an army of pigs into our town. You can not go anywhere without seeing cops on bikes, cops on horses, cops on foot, or undercover cops. The undercovers are the worst part, they sneek into parties and just call in raids. I was sitting on my porch and saw over 70 people get arrested from 3 different parties in one night. People were jumping out of windows and breaking legs to get away (actually it was pretty funny).

The cops come by every week now and post notices on everyones door for trash cleanup. It aint even my fucking trash, people just walk by and throw their bottles and junk into my yard! Its a 1000$ fine if you dont clean up. I could care less, personally. The trash makes me feel like im in the school atmosphere. But the jerkoff townies that live in our area (student housing) are complete bumfucks and refuse to live in real houses. They instead bitch 24/7 to the police about parties, trash, noise, and well the fact that people with an IQ over 75 live in their nieghborhood.

Townies will come over to your house and tell you to fuck off personally, and tell you they are calling the cops because your lawn isnt mowed, there is trash on your sidewalk (weather its yours or not), you are listening to music that you can hear outside your house (even if u cant hear it the next house over), etc etc. They are fucking pricks. They dont even realise that 99.9% of the revenue created, jobs held, and traffic in and out of the town comes from the student body. This town has such wonderful industries like:

McDonalds
Burger King
Sheetz
Wal Mart
many bars
a bookstore
a diner
a cafe
a candy shop
a bank
a hotel
the university

and thats pretty much it. all of those businesses only exist because of students spending their money there (or i guess the hotel cuz parents come to see students). They hate students so much, but theyd be living like thier ahmish friends next door (yes there are tons of ahmish in this area) if it werent for us.

To top it all off, i read the town newspaper today, and the front page article is a pictue of my street covered in trash. The headline reads "Townsfolk demand a change!" with a blurb underneath it, "xxx Avenue becoming a slum!" Big fucking deal the picture was taken homecoming weekend for fucks sake! My street touches the damned campus, what in the fuck do u expect is going to go on in that street?!?!? The article is nothing but rednecks bitching that there are parties thursdays fridays and saturdays. Most of the sportsteams houses, and a few sororities and frat houses are on my street (the ones too poor for greek row). What fucking townie in their right mind would wanna live anywhere near that?

Maybe this article is just venting a little, but I know there are people in other small town universities that have to have problems like this.

Fuck townies. Go to college so you dont have to work at McDonalds and then bitch at the people who give u a job.

:X :X :X :X :X

Sounds like the fucking West Lafayette townies around Purdue. Nothing but crazy laws and parking ticket extortion to make you feel right at home.

GRR I hate townies... I go to Xavier and on one side its the ghetto and the other... white trash... the trashy old men are alwys there trying to buy you drinks and dance with you...

now the ghetto side is terrorizing our school and trashing houses and beating up students... its freakin scary now.. there are never any parties cause everyone is afriad this kids are going to come and tear shit up

It's time for a new college major: Parenting. This degree will be a pre-requisite for child-bearing and raising a kid in this country. All parents violating the new federal law will have their children confiscated by the government and turned over to Educational Psychologists.

I feel your pain.
On the south side of school its all gangbangers, and to the north its preppy mallrats. We're kind on on the frontier of the ghetto. You notive a severe chang in conditions every single block south you go from the school. In fact, I won't even go in that direction unarmed.

Cant wait to transfer out of here.

damn we dont have problems like that, now I feel bad for you guys! course if u go to the townie bar and ur a girl, the townie guys will be all over you, and I would imagine thats not very fun. thats about it outside of their little rallies against the students.

the worst was one time some hells-angels type townies rolled up into my one friends house, had 2 kegs there. the townies just started to help themselves, and when asked to leave they punched this one dude in the face. it ended up taking 7-10 guys with weapons to force them out of the house (they were pretty big). most of the townies in this town are peaceful white trash that dont want their friday nights full of joe millionaire or whatever trash tv rednecks watch interrupted. my ideology still stands that you have no room to bitch about your neighborhood if you live in student housing. the townies just live there cuz its cheaper (for a reason) and dont understand why its cheaper (cuz they have to live next to animals like us).

Y'know what - White trash DO wear Loony Tunes T-shirts, it's true - Tazmanian Devil, Bugs Bunny, Marvin The Martian, you name it!

It's been like their trademark since wifebeaters went out of style.

Hey do you go to University of Iowa? What you're describing sounds exactly like Iowa City, except I wouldn't say the townies are all total hicks like that, and I guess the city isn't quite THAT tiny but otherwise sounds just like it. The townies hate us so much even though our parking and drinking tickets is the entire income of their town. Now city council made a new rule that you have to be 21 to be in bars, it used to be just 18. There is absolutely nothing to do here except chill at the bars or go to house parties so house parties here we come and all the drugs that go along with them! Fucking townies and they always wanna honk at us too when we're walking it's like this is a college town if you don't like pedestrians move or don't try to turn when we have the walk light! I always flip them off when they do that haha one of these days they'll probably run me over or shoot me oh well.

The townies hate us so much even though our parking and drinking tickets is the entire income of their town.

yah that too.

Babe~

I feel you pain. I have quite a similar situation where I attend as well. In fact a couple weekends ago a young male freshmen was jumped by a bunch of bitter locals. Here, it's a small student body and the campus is almost the same proximity of my high school's. Townies suck. :p

Damn.. I feel for you there. I'm stuck with wannabe rappers, and B-boys that can't break....

I really really hate townies now... All the white trash locals hate us and are terrorizing us now... Last month there were over 10 female students that reported rape by non-students and over 20 kids have been assulted or or mobbed... i dont feel safe at all around campus now and everyones afraid to throw partied cause they're just walking in now as if they're a student... fuckin rednecks :X

Two people had their cars stolen at gunpoint at my school last week, if it makes you feel any better. Someone apprently got stabbed for their wallet last night, though details on that are not clear yet.

A few months before that a mathemetics instructor was run over, fatally, in the crosswalk by some blood member because "the bitch got in my way".

wow

ok guess i cant complain i dont have it half as bad as some of you.

theres a community college down the road where they had incidents of people driving into the campus (at night), holding kids hostage for a few moments at gun point, and stealing their wallet/purse/nievity. not my school, but was a small school bout 30 mins away.