• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

First time taking E with heart condition advice needed.

vinosil80

Bluelighter
my friend has a heart condition.. she 17 and wants to try ecstacy for the first time..

the currecnt medication she is on:

150mg azathioprine one a day (morning)
5mg prednisolone once a day (morning)
2.5mg prograf tacrolimus twice a day (morning & night)
180mg cardizem diltiazem once a day (night)

This is her story:
i was born with half a heart always runned me down couldnt play sport couldnt really walk or go school etc
then had pace maker & all diff stuff
when i turned 8
had heart transplant
the part of my heart that was missing
made my lungs fill up with flem and stuff
and fluids
but yeah now im fine
and have 3 monthly check ups
and 1 yearly check up
and a catherder & byopsi every 2 years or so
--------------------

she is taking it at a party.. i first advised to crush and have baby lines every half an hour.. but i think having a quarter every 20 minutes should be fine.
she will be at a party so i advised to keep dancing etc to a minimial and no stimulants like coffee, redbull etc. and to just get mdma social or sit down close eyes and absorb the music if its good..

any other advice specialy from doctors would really be appreciated.

Advice on a personal level here. First time, Do it at home. Do it with others around who are able to help // react incase anythign happens. Have a phone nearby and dont be scared to call for help. Is it worth risking a life?

i really think it'd be wise to see a doctor b4 she goes ahead.. i dunno wat those medicines are for.. but taking 4 diff types daily cant be healthy..

what a STUPID thing to say morphee ! You fusking IDIOT !

vinosil80, do your best to advise her that she does not need to experience MDMA to enjoy life, you are her friend, and should be ther for her and advise her the BEST you can. Be it on YOUR concience if her heart, valves or organs cannot "breathe"

*winsom shakes his head* - I am speachless !

MODS - this is where YOU come into play !

Winsom

she also takes magnesium and iron supliments because of the side effects of the medication she is currently using.. she really want to experience E. is there anything else anyone can recommend for a similar experience or anyone have knowledge that medication use with E.

I haven't looked up those drugs, but I'm guessing they're anti-rejection drugs, to prevent her immune system rejecting the transplanted heart. In that case, she does NOT need to be taking drugs that interfere with the immune system like MDMA. MDMA suppresses the immune system temporarily, and given she's on immunosuppressant drugs she runs a much increased chance of contracting a nasty infection. Most likely that wouldn't be in her heart, but its hard to say.

It might be that nothing actually happens, and that she's fine. On the other hand, she might die from it.

I'm not a doctor and so I'm not qualified to give medical advice on the subject, but I do agree the idea sounds dangerous from an immune system viewpoint.

On the other hand, if the heart is healthy there may be no problems besides that.

If she's determined to try it I'd seek advice from at least two doctors. Is your life worth losing over something like MDMA? Worse, is it worth losing because you didn't seek medical advice?

This thread might get attract a good response in Health Q&A.

If you're friend has had a heart transplant, she should forget about trying MDMA. There are other drugs out there which would place less stress on her heart.

If she asks any doctor about this, they'll tell her not to do it. I can't imagine a doctor saying "Just try half at home with some friends".

Your friend should be the happiest person in the world that she has a new heart that works properly. Don't go fucking that up.

Go and take in some brilliant landscape/scenery/etc and get a natural rush.

Please don't let her take MDMA.... For EVERYONE'S SAKE.
It is irresposible and you're not just playing with fire. You're playing with a damn forrest-fire.

Can you imagine giving the call to her parents?
" er Hi, mr & mrs .... Your daughter is in the hospital all fucked up cause i gave her some eccies"
"YOU FUCKING WHAT? SHE HAS A HEART TRANSPLANT"

scenario goes on from there. news articles etc. etc.
=/

Vinisil - If I were you, I'd change the advice to:

"Don't even consider trying it. Not even a little bit. At all. Ever."

Death is not worth a few extra neurotransmitters floating around the brain for a couple of hours.

Tell her to take up meditation (seriously), as a means for altering her consciousness to Ecstacy-like (or any other desired) states.

I concur, and perhaps my view was perhaps not being concrete enough. I agree that she should not do it. The risk of death is far too high for a few hours of bliss.

Moreover, would she really enjoy it if she spent the next few hours wondering whether she was going to die? I personally think not.

MDMA is not something she should try.

morphee, I feel I must apologise for my first comment, maybe you didn't read the whole thread, maybe Witch_Doctor didn't get the msg too. Shit, I've had a bad enough couple of experiences taking too many bikkies at once and wondered, hoped my heart slowed in the next few hours, and my heart is young & healthy !

I'd put money on the Docs advice being stay away from all stimulants, let alone rec's !

vinosil80, what is her drug history > Does she drink, DOES SHE SMOKE, has she taken any recs ?

It doesn't matter what her history is, don't even contemplate it! If she died you would regret it and wish you could have changed your decision; well here is your chance, don't do it in the first place! I cannot stress this enough!

Please please PLEASE listen to the above people's advice. I will add my bit here.

Both azathioprine and prednisolone are immunosuppressing drugs. This has been touched on by the above replies, but these meds are used to carefully and in a CONTROLLED way suppress the immune system. Playing further with a drug (mdxx) which is known to affect immune function is playing with that fine balance of immunity that your friend has to maintain to remain healthy with her new heart. Taking azathioprine can be quite dangerous given the best of circumstances.

Prograf (tacrolimus) is specifically used to ensure that a transplanted organ does not get rejected by the body. I cannot access a detailed pharmacology, but the CMI for Prograf says not to take grapefruit juice while on Prograf, and that suggests to me that there is a possibility of the liver enzymes needed to metabolise Prograf could be the same ones that metabolise MDMA. If this is the case, it may be that taking MDMA will interfere with the absorption of this medication which is vital to your friend's continuing health.

Cardizem is a medication used to either prevent angina (inadequate oxygen supply to heart muscle) or blood pressure. MDMA disturbs normal blood pressure regulation.

To sum up. Do NOT let her take MDMA.

chrisisparanoid: I don't know what statistics you base that on, or how you could calculate that. But being the worst case scenario, which is increased by having existing heart problems, then it isn't worth risking. Taking any drug is a calculated risk, as no drug is safe, so please do consider the risks, and not just the 6 hours of benefit.

MezZedUp:
14.gif
14.gif

It's been said and I'll say it again; no way.

To rip off an analogy on stimulants used by drplatypus;

Think of the heart as the pump in the cardiovascular system. When you exercise, the whole system speeds up - like accelerating in a car, chaning gears etc. When you're taking stimulants, only one part of the system speeds up (the heart). Like accelerating in a car and not changing gears. Ever done that? :\

The risks are two fold; medication and a weak cardiovascular system subject to stress.

If she is stubborn about it, make her read this thread.

:)

Winson, its all good. It is a huge risk, I think everyone knows that....but as a 19yo guy diagnosed with Hypertension, I still enjoy the finer things in life, albiet under close supervision of friends who know the score ;)