• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Extraction

Is it possible to use ether for the extraction instead of water? Or would the binders be more soluble in the ether?

Ether is a non-polar solvent, while water is extremely polar. The reason salts are soluble in polar solvents like water is because "like dissolves like", and the polar nature of water helps to pull apart the salts into their cations and anions. If you use a non-polar solvent you'll find that polar salts will not dissolve, because the ether molecules can't pull the ions apart.

You could possibly use ethanol instead of water because it has a partly polar -OH group on it (hence why its perfectly miscible in water) but definately not ether. If an extraction called for petrol as a solvent, ether could be used instead, but you couldn't use water instead.

If something is soluble in a polar solvent, its likely to be insoluble in a non-polar solvent, and vice-versa.

One little thing I thought best to mention. Most of the MDMA pills pressed illicitly use starch to some degree in their formulation as a binder/filler; now starch and cold water is OK, but starch and hot water will cause the starch molecule to 'uncoil'. This uncoiling is what makes wallpaper paste form, thickens sauces after adding cornflour and makes boiled rice sticky. Once you've got that, you've just made extracting anything from it many times harder, due to the viscosity of the soln

Also, if your product isn't pure enough (not crystallizing nicely, etc.) you might want to try a nonpolar wash before extraction (method a).

fastandbulbous said:
One little thing I thought best to mention. Most of the MDMA pills pressed illicitly use starch to some degree in their formulation as a binder/filler; now starch and cold water is OK, but starch and hot water will cause the starch molecule to 'uncoil'. This uncoiling is what makes wallpaper paste form, thickens sauces after adding cornflour and makes boiled rice sticky. Once you've got that, you've just made extracting anything from it many times harder, due to the viscosity of the soln

Could this goo make the absorbtion in the stomach slower?

One little thing no-one seems to have mentioned. Unless the pills that you are doing the extraction from contain only MDMA HCl, then you're also going to dissolve any active cuts/replacement chems eg salts of ephedrine, meth, MDA, ketamine etc., so what comes through the filter isn't going to be anything like pure MDMA

Wow. Another awesome thread. I guess the meth craze/prohibition of mdma will deter some from using, while forcing others to learn some chemistry to purify thier pills. Me being the latter. :) Great read.

therollingstoner said:
Wow. Another awesome thread. I guess the meth craze/prohibition of mdma will deter some from using, while forcing others to learn some chemistry to purify thier pills. Me being the latter. :) Great read.
unfortunately, you're not gonna be pulling meth out, whcih sucks, because that's probably one of the most important to get out of there. dont' get me wrong, i enjoy some speed when i roll (usually), but woudl much rather be able to put that in myself. i dont' like that my last dropping of the night has to have speed

AlphaNumeric, except for ketones, right? IIRC (I'm only taking Organic for the first time now) ketones will dissolve pretty universally, in polar and nonpolar solvents.

This doesnt remove the other drugs commonly found in tablets tho, so be careful. could be hitting a nice pure PMT dose..

Im assuming that PMT is water soluable.

That the extracted contents of the pill are not only going to be MDMA, and i meant PMA :p

IIRC (I'm only taking Organic for the first time now) ketones will dissolve pretty universally, in polar and nonpolar solvents.

Low molecular weight ketones (acetone, methyl ethyl ketone) are miscible with water (soluble in any ratio). Heavier ketones, however, may be only slightly soluble in water due to having large non-polar regions. Solubility isn't JUST a matter of the presence of certain functional groups; it's affected by the overall balance of polar/ionized and non-polar regions. (The obvious example being the use of methanol, ethanol, and isopropanol as solvents; the ability to dissolve salts steadily decreases as the alkyl group grows.)

I still haven't seen a pill extraction method that would be both highly effective and easily carried out by the average person. I'm not aware of a good way to separate amines (such as MDMA and amphetamine) without some lab equipment or real chemistry.