PDA

View Full Version : Smoking resin (merged)

Pages : 1 [2]

xXTOKERXx
29-01-2004, 19:13
lol thats cool, use an open top glass, preferibly a V sorta shape, wider at the top, perhaps a fan blowing over nite, then the resin should sink to the bottom, and the alcohol with any luck should evaporate off, there will be SOME impurities, but still THC is THC

swayne
29-01-2004, 23:46
Yeah I did this just yesterday, tons of resin. I don't know why everyone despises resin though, when you have no weed and tons of resin to work for, the hih is that much more satisfactory. The only problem I have is scraping that shit up. I used a big metal bowl, and it is really stuck to the bottom, I can't even scrape it up.

ducks
30-01-2004, 00:31
Um, don't smoke the resin if you used rubbing alcohol... from what I understand, if it isnt Ethyl Alcohol, it can make you blind.

Druggist
30-01-2004, 02:36
I think only denaturated alcohol makes you go blind.

frizzantik
30-01-2004, 04:51
isopropyl alcohol aka rubbing alcohol, can pose serious health risks. not sure the validity of the make you go blind claim but i would make sure it was all evaporated before i tossed the resin in the trash ;)

fizzacyst
09-02-2004, 19:17
The "make you go blind thing" is from methanol (what they put into alcohol to denature it), which isnt really going to make you go blind. It will straight up kill you though, if ingested. Rubbing alcohol and isopropyl alcohol/isopropanol are no the same thing BTW.... rubbing alcohol has a oil added to it to prevent it from drying your skin too much. There isnt very much of it, but it is there.

If you are hell bent on doing stuff like this... I'd recommend getting a bottle of everclear.. which is 95% ethanol, 5% water. Go get a carton of magnesium sulfate (from grocery store, etc) spread it out on a baking sheet and dry it in the oven for a couple hours @ 350. After it turns white and powdery, add it to your everclear, seal it up, let sit. you may need to do this more than once.

This will dry your everclear to over 97% the first run if kept closed. You can get it a little dryer, then use that as your solvent. Alcohol is agood solvent for that sort of thing, and food-grade alcohol wont have any other additives. Isopropyl rubbing alc. is usually 30% water, making evaporation a bitch.

maybe you should just buy a sack?

xXTOKERXx
10-02-2004, 21:03
Well fuck me i am desperate - never thought id sink this low - but im giveing the roachs a go!

DJ Mix Masta
12-02-2004, 01:35
I just scrape it str8 of the bucket gear str8 onto my lid n smoke my resin like dat, my parents told me resin is poisonous but i been smokin resin n weed none stop for years aint had no problems, is it poisonous?

freaker
12-02-2004, 02:39
shit a metal pipe, and it also helps if you gotta a little bit of shwagg to add to that.

blisteredfingers
12-02-2004, 09:45
Scraping the pipe is half the fun.

Wouldn't it be more practical to drink the everclear than to use it to collect resin?

Druggist
13-02-2004, 00:54
Drink the everclear and use isopropyl alcohol for extraction.

diegoblunt
13-02-2004, 04:21
These are my feelings towards resin:

8)....8o....:(....8(....:p....:\

:X:X:X:X

herbnlife
09-03-2004, 03:39
hmmmmz

komcaz51
13-04-2004, 02:06
I just scraped a bunch of resin powder from my gravity bong caps. The problem is: How do i smoke it? If i put it into the bowl (which is a socket wrench cap) all the powder just goes right thro the bowl and all the resin gets wasted.

Anyone know what I could do to be able to smoke this resin powder through my gravity bong? Is there a way to make the powder into a resin ball? I live wit my parents and they both dont like weed so any methods people will hopefully post have to be on the downlow...basically i cant go boil the resin or anything like that.

Someone must know a method...please help a bro out. Havnt been able to find weed in a few weeks.

morbyss
13-04-2004, 03:02
perhaps put a screen in your socket wrench thingy, or just some it out of a pipe

-=ReD-hAzE=-
13-04-2004, 03:09
Lightbulb vaporiser perhaps?

the armed forces
13-04-2004, 03:55
Vaporizer... it would simply melt in the bottom. I would get tin foil, put it in there, make a small opening on the top then put lighter under it and inhale smoke though a straw.

komcaz51
13-04-2004, 04:30
^^ good call man im high as fuck after smokin resin, goddamn didnt know u could get this high off of resin, i nearly blacked out a few times in the past 10 minutes lol

noob_sg
13-04-2004, 04:44
the dangerous alluminum oxide you just smoked probably added to that ;)

kittyinthedark
13-04-2004, 04:50
You can always use a stainless steel knife instead :)

mmmmm.... knife hits.....

-=ReD-hAzE=-
13-04-2004, 06:20
Originally posted by noob_sg
the dangerous alluminum oxide you just smoked probably added to that ;) According to some random thread around here, the aluminum oxide you get from smoking off foil is equivalent to the amount off aluminum oxide you get drinking a soda from an aluminum can.

Splatt
13-04-2004, 10:39
I don't think that would be accurate but I'm no scientist! :p Then again... could be something to do with the CO2

QLineHookups
22-09-2004, 05:17
be careful though.. i used the knife part on some nail clippers and chipped the inside of my favorite bowl :(

n_Ovis
24-09-2004, 19:09
yea, my pipe got busted so i scraped some of the resin out, spread it on a rolling paper, tossed some tobacco on it and smoked it. kinda harsh, but started to get a distinct "pot-ish" taste towards the end. worked ok, nice little buzz.

im gonna have to try that drinking glass idea, sounds like a good one.

Gunpei
06-10-2004, 20:32
holy fuck, i am so high from a small ball of resin i smoked. i am so blown back into my seat and have the best body high ive ever had.

liner12
06-10-2004, 21:11
Has anyone ever used a Sobe Bong? You know, the fruit drink called Sobe. There is a small indentation on the bottom of the bottle that you put a nail in and hit it lightly with a hammer, and it breaks out, without breaking the entire bottle. So now you have a small hole at the bottom. Next, at your favorite head shop, buy a bowl with a somewhat short stem, the kind that you would usually slide in and out of a normal bong. Next, cut a small hole in the top of the metal lid that screws on the top of the sobe bottle, and secure the bowl through the hole. I just used some electrical tape, and it worked fine. now whenever you are low on weed and want to conserve, or only have resin to smoke, just fill up your bowl. Then while holding your finger over the hole on the bottom, fill the bottle with water, then screw the top on, filled with the resin or weed. (you don't need much weed or resin to get a very full hit.) then with a lighter, just hold the flame above the weed/resin, and remove your finger from the hole, so the water starts flowing out. as the water in the bottle flows out, it will suck the smoke into the bottle, then just unscrew the top and enjoy!

I've found that since you aren't hitting the weed then letting it burn, like with a pipe/joint/blunt which loses some smoke that could be going into your lungs, you get more out of each hit. since the water is doing the hitting, and it constantly sucks the smoke into the bottle with no break, you don't waste any smoke.

Tanuki_23
04-06-2005, 19:28
Just wondering who else here smokes the resin out of there pipe when it builds up, maybe when your desperate to get high, or whenever . . .

Km013
04-06-2005, 19:48
ive been smoking daily for about 6 months and not yet

ninjaupthere
04-06-2005, 19:50

anhalonium9
04-06-2005, 20:20
ah, nothing like sitting back with an old pipe and a paperclip.=D

Tanuki_23
04-06-2005, 20:41
^I get high off of resin, but its a short, more intense high. Almost like the crack of pot :D.

yepyepwoah
04-06-2005, 22:02
hell yeah i do this all the time when i'm out or whatnot. lighter to the bowl and small pocket knife scrapes that shit off nice and quick.

the high isn't all that great, but when i'm too that point it doesn't matter really. all I need is a lil sumthin sumthin to change it up.

Xenomaniac
04-06-2005, 22:21
Only when there is no pot in my hands. I only smoke KB so I smoke KB resin out of my pipes. Its a good temporary high till you actually get ahold of some.

Tanuki_23
04-06-2005, 23:52
I am curious as to the harmful side effects, I notice that if Ill have a resin session (about every 3 months), Ill be coughing up phlegm the next day.

**busted**
05-06-2005, 00:06
Originally posted by anhalonium9
ah, nothing like sitting back with an old pipe and a paperclip.

Been there and I am not sure if I should feel shame.

frizzantik
05-06-2005, 00:38
Smoking resin is probably one of the most unhealthy a stoner can do. The tar content of resin is extremely high, so you are getting a lot of junk in your lungs. From a harm reduciton standpoint, you should not smoke resin. You should always be trying to smoke the best pot possible, because that way you get the most thc with the least amount of tar and other harmful chemicals.

that being said i used to smoke resin a lot when i was younger. now I'll just wait till i get more buds. the last time i smoked res i just ended up feelign like shit and wanting to smoke herb even more than before

psychetool
05-06-2005, 03:04
Far too often. I think it has a much more sedative high, usually i'm high for a couple hours then just ZONK OUT.

I realize that shit is nasty, but desperate times call for desperate measures. :(

BilZ0r
05-06-2005, 03:25
Smoking resin is ghetto as fuck.

Crunkjuise
05-06-2005, 05:34
"doesn't really get you high"
bullshit idiot

nuke
05-06-2005, 05:52
Originally posted by BilZ0r
Smoking resin is ghetto as fuck.

bilzor says it best. ;) i've never taken res hits, i think it's really nasty.

Qabbo
05-06-2005, 21:01
I smoked resin for an entire week once (those pipes were absolutely caked) when I had no pot and no way to get any. Got me stoned, but I came down with a nasty cold. I think I'm going to, you know, not smoke resin anymore. Felt like I was killing myself--and i guess I was.

ninjaupthere
05-06-2005, 21:44

tokingchicken
12-07-2005, 00:22
My way is very simple, i use a long thin not sharp knife on a swiss army knife. Scrape resin with it, collect a bunch of resin put it in a container then just put the whole container as a bong bowl. It stays cherry forever.
In fact, i was gonna say i did that now but i collected some resin and remembered i had bud so im really blazed. dont remember what this was originally about, peace.

ChemicalSmiles
12-07-2005, 17:33
I wonder how much resin is in my lungs . . .

DigitalRidah
12-07-2005, 21:01
supz

I don't smoke out of a pipe but i always use my bud buster and usually every week i clean it out and make some crystal hash out of the crystals.

digital

d1giPhux
16-07-2005, 05:59
I always find a nice efficient hit of resin is through a g-bong.. I also like smoking resin out of anything really. mmmm resin.