• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Talking to people when your stoned is hard

BuckAtl

Bluelighter
I have a hard ass time speaking when Im high. This is a problem because I am stoned a lot, and around sober people I dont know well a lot. Im pretty talkative when Im with my friends, but when Im out at a club and trying to meet new people it makes me really shy and I cant think of anything to say that people can relate to. And I word shit really weirdly. Does anyone else have this problem? DO you know ways of getting around it?

yeah, i have this problem too.

the only real solution you have is dont get stoned when you're going to a public place or have to meet some new people.

just smoke alone or with close friends. :)

two other solutions:
1: drink some alcohol
2:get the new friends stoned too :)

i find its a conflict with paranoia, your going out seeing all these people, kinda fascinates you in a weird way, but then your thnking about talking to them , and the weed is geting u a lil shy, i dont get it anymore unless i take a break from smoking, i know where your comming from, a lil drink would frix this up, or learn to let go.

I also get this and it kinda pisses me out 'cos I'm a pretty out-going and talkative person by nature. There are two solutions for me... Don't smoke when going to public places or snort some speed... It always makes my inibitions go away

This may do better over in CD.

hehe since when did we get a cannibus discussion anyway?

I think it's some sort of anxiety you folks guys are experiencing.

I used to get his a lot, but it's subsided somewhat now. I went to a party once and smoked most of an eigth with two friends, and since I'm not a regular smoker this hit me like a ton of bricks. All I could do untill I came down a bit was follow them around and feel awkward. Of course I had also taken a fair amount of Ritalin that night on top of the weed so that probably didn't help things out much easier as my heart felt like it was beating like crazy. I typically smoke less now when I go out in public now. I prefer being buzzed to flat out stoned when I go to parties/ hang out with my less than closest friends. I find that when I get really stoned I'll be smoking for a while then out of the middle of nowhere realize I haven't spoken a word in the last 5 mintues8( . Also, I find that taking a shot or two of alchohol will help loosen you up/ take away any anxiety that the weed might give you.

toxiku said:
Don't smoke when going to public places or snort some speed... It always makes my inibitions go away

Thats some very dodgey advice.
"take a harder drug to counter negative effects of another drug". Speed and weed is in the end only going to make things worse.

If you want to feel less inhibited then the best thing is to smoke less so your clearer headed when you go out. A big part of conversation is being able to remember things, and high doses of weed pretty much send that out the door which adds to loss of confidence talking to people you dont know very well... Or failing that have a couple of beers. yeh I know im a hyporcrite :) but its alot less severe than toxiku's suggestion

yeah actually if i feel to stoned ill start drinking a few beers, or take a couple shots, and i dont feel as akward. i guess it helps loosen you up.

I find it easy to talk to people when I'm stoned. They, on the other hand find it hard to talk back. Having an intelligent converstaion with a red-eyed maniac with a grin wider than a Buick is sometimes quite hard.=D

If I smoke a lot before I meet some new people who dont smoke I feel uncomfortable and sometimes say weird shit. A little alcohol does help a lot of people counteract act this. Im not suggesting it and it could backfire if ya drink to much....

-Wayne

i find that warcraft is fun when ur really stoned

maybe u shouldn't get stoned if u know u gotta do something. it gives me a bad vibe - so i only smoke if i know the peeps and i know they smoke too
playing warcraft is an alternative solution

Stay at home when you smoke then.. You even said you find it hard talking to new people when you go out, an easy solution would be to not put yourself in that situation (don't smoke when going out). :)