• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Talking to people when your stoned is hard

I don't know if I have problems talking when I'm stoned, or whether I just think I do. Sometimes I feel fine, other times, like the other night trying to talk to my girlfriend and I felt like I was talking too loud, my voice sounded weird and I made absolutely NO sense whatsoever.

But maybe it's just me thinking I can't talk to people when I'm stoned =\

i would say its a common thing, i defintitely have this problem but only if i smoke TOO MUCH, if i am going out i usually drink more than i smoke, what works best is gettin 2 or 3 drinks in me first, then stepping outside to get ONE good rip, i feel up but high, almost like a coke high, i then proceed to drink more and MAYBE one more decent rip, this amped up sensation probably only happens with kb though, so i would say drink a little, smoke a very little, then drink a lot, this way you get wasted in that noninhibited way and also get kind of high
of course its all mental, you could just put more effort into talking but who the hell wants to do that shit, talking should be fluid

Worst I find is when my parents call. I normally can pull it of or pass it off that I am just drunk. However I constantly find myself being distracted by what is happening around me and thus forget what my folks are saying to me, and just say "huh?", or "er what sorry?" It always seems so obvious to me when this happens. I can't wait till, or even if, I have kids and hear this down the phone. Its the sort of dopey way that I say it which just tops it off.

I personally find pot to make me focus better and feel better about myself...I think far clearer stoned and I don't feel depressed and worried like I do when I am sober...I also use it because it is far more safer alternative to most perscription anti depressants...

BTW, the whole sounding strange and thinking you make no sense, is partly related to the fact pot isn't just a narcotic like drug...It is very psychedelic on a mental level. On high doses of potent pot I can even hear voices out of nowhere...Weird stuff, but I love it.

sometimes i will babble on like crazy, other time i will just be silent and chill. thats one thing that always brings me back....its different everytime :D

the speed idea wasnt bad ive found with weed i love the feeling but yer it does make u hella shy but if im mixing with speed or alcohol or both im one chatty motherfucker but yer im usually shy round new people becuz i dont trust em yet

just think... im sober.. if i were sober id be intoxicated

also.. think everything over once.. if it passes the test.. think it over again

I only have this problem when my tollerance went down after a while.
To avoid this mumbled/mixed speek, what i call word-salad, I take some stimulants. Caffeine works fine, but honestly... why ruin a good mellow high? Just don't smoke heavy when you need to talk.

Dude, just stick to alchohol when you have to do alot of speaking and need some confidence, but really you must have an anxiety problem.

I usually think the most random weird thoughts when Im stoned, usually I think way too deeply into things too when Im stoned, and I know that whenever I give responses to questions, or give some input I get the "umm you thought waaaay too deeply into that you freak"look so I know I must say way off it

I think one question would be, Would you be having these anxiety problems if you never were exposed to pot? Anxiety is just an emotion that everyone gets, I do think that after heavy use, your emotions are kind of scrambled and it takes a good break from smoking to gather your structure and confidence again.
I reckon smoking by urself is probably one of the most inspiring things u can do. I feel so in peace with myself and incredibly creative on a high. But if im mixed with a group of ppl i don't know, i don't feel as if i can express myself properly.
A great time for a session is when you are becoming sober and tired from a big night on the booze. Spark a joint with anybody at the end of the night and theres not really any anxiety at all!! getting stoned with ppl you don't know is a great way to meet ppl. Once you are satisfied with your time, anxiety doesnt really play a role i find.

my friend absolutely cannot talk or function when hes stoned

its seriously like he becomes mentally retarted, its rediculous

its like his iq drops 50 points, he slurs all his speech, which makes no sense in the first place

we have no idea why this happens too

Because hes afraid that no one will want to hear whats going on in his head. So he convienently doesnt know how to talk, rather than take the risk of talking and then someone making fun of/hurting him for it. Thats how stoned works.

thats not even close man : p

he talks all the time, he just mumbles and garbles and slips on every word, its not like hes timid

It depends on who I'm around, if I go into a grocery store or somewhere like that then I'll make myself very obvious and I feel like everyone knows I'm fuckin stoned out of my mind and they're staring at me and if I'm with a friend we'll just start bustin the fuck up laughing......but if it's at a party or something when I know most of the people there are fucked up too it makes it kinda easier

Getting anxiety when you are high does not mean that you have an "anxiety problem" in general. It just means you have an anxiety problem when you are high.

There is a pretty simple solution to this... don't get high before you go out. Like the person saying they were surprised that they couldn't socialize well at a club when they were stoned... obviously, you're taking a drug with effects that are quite opposite what everyone else is consuming.

Oh, I'm not so sure about not going out curing the anxiety/paranoia. I find that though it may not be as bad, even staying in while high can easily lead to anxiety. Instead of "do they think I'm high?" you think "can anyone smell me smoking?". Same thing, different atmosphere.

Saturday I went in McDonald's high as fuck and got 2 double cheese burgers and I was just making an ass out of myself in front of the cashier...it's actually pretty funny and when you're paranoid it's usually just you tripping yourself out