Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: news.com.au - Warning on Ice Cube Enemas

johnboy

Bluelight Crew
DRUG and medical experts have issued a warning following evidence that would-be first aiders have been using ice cube "enemas" to revive people from drug overdoses.

Experts say putting ice cubes up the rectums of unconscious people has no physiological benefit and can even lead to seizures and stroke.
According to Paul Dillon, research officer with the National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre (NDARC), some people have been attempting to insert ice cubes into the anuses of friends who have become unconscious after taking the party drug GHB in the mistaken belief that it will revive them.

But GHB overdose expert David Caldicott, of the Emergency Department of Royal Adelaide Hospital, said the practice was potentially hazardous.

Quoted in the gay community newspaper the Sydney Star Observer, Dr Caldicott said putting an object into the rectum of someone not expecting it could cause a "vagal" reaction.

This occurs when the vagus nerve, which slows the heart, is activated.

On top of the blood pressure-lowering effects of GBH, a vagal reaction can potentially stop blood flow to the brain.

The matter should not be treated as a joke, Mr Dillon said.

"An overdose in a club is embarrassing enough for the person involved," he told the Star Observer.

"The sight of the incapacitated person with their pants around their ankles having people inserting ice cubes is beyond humiliating and potentially dangerous.

"Some of the people doing this should know better and should not pretend to be trained medical professionals."

The procedure could also result in charges of sexual assault, he said.

http://www.news.com.au/common/printpage/0,6093,7361585,00.html

LOL I always thought that the phrase "You can't put a square peg in a round hole" was fairly much gospel till I read that!! My GOD what has become of society????

Cold, wet and in the arse!!!! These are not things i want at a rave/event. If anyone see's me lying unconcious somewhere (i may just be sleeping) please do not shove anything (espescially an ice cube) in my ass. Maybe just check and see if I'm alright and if not maybe just call a paramedic. Or is that just a stupid idea?

Beech out

If I ever OD and pass out, anyone shoving anything in to my ass had best pray that it doesnt wake me up:X

The sight of the incapacitated person with their pants around their ankles having people inserting ice cubes is beyond humiliating and potentially dangerous
I know it's a serious topic, but that line made me chuckle... ;)

I dont think Ice Cube minded too muuch cos they first tipped Ice T in first.

Boom boom

The gold just keeps coming

Beech out

Originally posted by JohnM
I wonder how Ice-Cube, the rapper feels about all this...

;)

when i first saw the thread title, i thought of him...and wondered.

LOL, me too! but sticking a proud gansta rapper up... there... would be a feat... you'd need a Tardis Finger to do the job.

'Someone get a Doctor!'

"Doctor who!?"

;)

pic-crys.gif

Please, not there! Anywhere but there!!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who had trouble taking that seriously...

Anyway, while the chances of it happening are minimal, if the situation arises, I will not stick an ice cube up my overdosing mate's arsehole...

:)

Glad to here Apollo, he may be a bit chilly towards you afterwards ;0

I've seen it used as a form of torture, or a sick form of entertainment, I'm not sure which.

How do I always have stories about such shit...Oh well, must have been the classy neighborhood I grew up in 8)

When I was fifteen our crew decided to go to a party held by the most notorious group of (older) dudes in town. These guys were known for doing ghastly things to people and as the ring leader's father was a "grand poobar" free mason he was almost immune to prosecution, having escaped convictions for charges others would have gone to jail for.

After arriving at the party I walked into the kitchen to see some dude squirming around on the wet floor, pants around the ankles, moaning in pain, with the ring leader holding him down by standing on his back, laughing loudly. We didn't know what the fuck was going on and to be honest I was shitting myself. The ring leader then said "time for another one"

He picked up an ice cube, grabbed an empty beer bottle and popped the cube up the dudes arse using the top of the bottle as punch!! The dude moaned horribly but couldn't get up. We bolted from the party freaking. Next day we found out the RL had apparently shoved a capped beer bottle up his arse and the guy almost bled to death!

2 years later the ring leader was after me because I (foolishly) stood up for a guy who was being hassled by him. He chased me for over 3 years, going crazy if he caught sight of me. He was the worst person to have chase you as his track record was frightening. He was also the perfect psychological bully who could put fear into a mercenary. My saving grace was my ability to run fast. But after a close call where he completely wrecked a 21st as he chased me through the room, I began to have sleepless nights. I decided I'd have to do something so he'd never want to come near me again......

...never try to head fuck a young, would be chemist, well versed in building high voltage devices ;)....

...while he was crawling in desperation, thinking he was going to die, someone found a broken broom handle and with assistance from others who'd also been tormented by him, we couldn't help but take revenge for that poor dude. Years later I ran into the him again. He was a changed guy and remarked that my getting him back, coupled with a belting he got from a 15 year old boxer (he was 21 at the time) really made him think about things. He'd given up alcohol and instead smoked pot. Talk about mellowed out...

Anyway back to the rather odd topic of colon cooling for comatose casualties. Where on earth did this come from?:\