• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

zyprexa and swithching to other med?

RowdyMic

Bluelighter
ive been on Zypreza 10 mg, lamictal,a 2x xaxax bars a effexor 40mg 1x a day and 20mg addys 2x a day.i recently tried coming over zyprexa, I Told my psuch i wanted to get off them and all she said was ok even though ive been on ir for 3 years. and i swear its harder then coming off of opiates. it can last up to 2 years i was almost to the point where i couldn't be even useful for anything. thank god i tried it while on vacation from work. i was wondering is there an antipsychotic (something easily to come off of, like seroquel anti-psychotic will it take over my zyprexa immediately and block the withdrawals? or eventually and then just have to deal with seroquels withdrawals? im stsble as hell metally wise and my doc knows it..but she had nothing to say. i told her i wanted to get off my zyprexa and the only thing she said was "mm ok" with no suggestions of tapering down or what to expect withdrawal would be this and that nit no nohing. ive read over about 150 peoples testimonies and about 3-4 came off f it. now im reading it causes diabetes and sometimes strokes. please help ive been researching all over the web/

jeez.. i copied this from a website and answered em for you guys

• Difficulty swallowing or breathingT YES swallowing
  • i think i had a seizure last night in my sleep, my tongue hurts like my first seizure where i almost bit it off.
  • Swelling of face, eyes, or extremities YES
  • Muscle stiffness YES
  • Fever or sweating YES (cold sweats)
  • Unusual, uncontrollable facial or body movements YES mostly involuntary
  • Vision changes (having to close one eye sometimes to read something)

• Drowsiness, dizziness, or weakness
  • Insomnia no insomnia
  • Depression (havnt] been able to get in the shower much at all. even when i go into work.
  • Dry mouth YES
  • Weight gain YES (about 80 pounds)
  • Restlessness or agitation YES losing patience very quickly
  • Constipation NO
  • Difficulty moving around or walking YES, my balance is off
  • Pain in the joints, arms, or legs NO
  • Breast discharge or enlargement NO
  • Missed or late menstrual periods NO
  • Decreased sexual ability NO
  • and also slight confusion and hardcore headaches, i had to start using it again due to how scary and hardcore these are. i have alot more