View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Zyprexa and Acid

ar.izona

Bluelighter
Hello. I take 15 mgs of zyprexa (olanzapine) daily. I also take 45 mgs of remeron (mirtazipine) daily as well. Anyways, I?m planing on dropping acid here pretty soon I quit taking my meds 3 days ago and I?m just wondering how much longer I should wait to take the acid. Don?t worry I?m not psychotic or anything.. I only take zyprexa for insomnia and remeron for general anxiety disorder.

Thanks in advanced ❤️

YOu shouldn't take acid if you are an anxious person. You might not be psychotic, but you're on the meds for a reason.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

YOu shouldn't take acid if you are an anxious person. You might not be psychotic, but you're on the meds for a reason.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

I dunno, I am a fairly anxious person, but I feel like I have massively benefitted from taking psychedelics. I do try to ensure an optimum and setting though, and always have a benzo on hand to take down the trip's intensity a notch (or abort it outright) when things feel like they're getting out of control.

That said, I kind of agree with your concerns here. Going cold turkey off an antipsychotic to be able to trip may not be the best idea.

Mirtazapine is an antagonist at 5HT2A (so it will block the effects of LSD), and zyprexa even is an inverse agonist (so it is literally the diametric opposite of LSD), and they both have very long half-lives (~30 hours on average), so OP would probably need more than 3 days to get this stuff out of their system.
On the other hand, abruptly quitting 15 mg's of zyprexa could lead to rebound effects, so that once the meds are out of your system, you're experiencing more emotional lability than normal, during which period it might be a *really* bad idea to trip.

OP, if you're taking olanzapine to sleep, you might consider asking your doctor about carefully reducing the dose, and/or at least partially replacing it with a "gentler" drug. Don't get me wrong, olanzapine is an excellent drug for actual psychosis/bipolar/schizophrenic illness, but as a sleep medication, it is pretty much overkill; especially at a dose as high as 15mg/day.

@Hodor. Sure, but everyone's different. It might be okay for him to just go off the meds and trip. Who knows? We don't know him, we only what he tells us, and going by that I don't think he should trip before he's permanently off the meds, and the reason he got them in the first place is solved. I agree that my post maybe was a bit too dramatic though :)

Your advice is good too. OP, if you don't want to listen to me, then listen to Hodor.

Last edited: