• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Zubsolv (Buprenorphine)

It's deffintletly going to show up in a drug test as it is exactly the same drug as suboxone and subutex. It's called bupeonephrin, check that spelling, so whatever the reason your taking it that's how it works.

I remember seeing a method to ingest very small levels of Bupe by absorbing it into water. I think Captain Heroin posted this method when he was tapering completely off Bupe but I searched all over BL and couldn't find anything.

Here's my story: I've tapered down to roughly 3mg a day of Suboxone and I got switched by my insurance company to Zubsolv. As many in this thread have said, one advantage of Subs is cutting them down to as small as .50mg films. About a year ago I got low as .50mg a day but then bounced back up.

Can someone tell me if this method might work to get daily intake of Zubsolv at 1mg (and potentially below):
-grind 5.7mg Zubsolv tablets in a coffee grinder
-dissolve the powder into 6mls of water
-drop one ML under my tongue

Would this be a safe way to ingest 1mg of Zubsolv? Is it that simple?

Yes it's safe but don't grind it up in a coffee grinder, that's just stupid. You'll loose some medication that way no matter what you do. Putting the pill/strip in water is almost always a bad idea unless you plan to filter and shoot it. You don't know it's solubility, it will dissolve in water to an extent but not completely. It's like adding to much sugar to your coffee, you get that big pile of sugar at the bottom that didn't disperse into the coffee. And you can't use too much water to dissolve the drug because you would dilute the drug. You can ask your doctor how to titrate the drug with water over time, but it really serves no purpose. The drug is measured and manufactured to be absorbed through the capillaries of your mouth (or your rectum, or nostrils). Dissolving them in water won't give you the same absorption rate as putting the pill in your mouth. It's just am all around bad idea. I don't know why you wouldn't just split a 1mg pill in half. If you don't get 1mg pills then ask for them. Really - and not to be offensive-but you're not making any sense and making it a lot harder on yourself.

I'm considering this med 4 my chronic pain issues but I don't see how it is ANY different than subutex. I am now face with the Dilemma of either choosing this medication or methadone to manage my pain. I would like to know if anyone has any advice and weather methadone would be my best bet or not?

I'm considering this med 4 my chronic pain issues but I don't see how it is ANY different than subutex. I am now face with the Dilemma of either choosing this medication or methadone to manage my pain. I would like to know if anyone has any advice and weather methadone would be my best bet or not?
IMO yes methadone would be a better choice for pain management. bupe (active ingredient in subs and zubsolv) is not a very effective pain management med IMO. when it is scripted for pain it's in tiny microgram doses like the butrans patch. zubzolv and the like are prescribed for opiate replacement therapy, not pain management so i am not sure what doctor is telling you need to switch to zubsolv for pain management.

methadone is a full agonist at the opiate receptors (Mu, k blah blah blah) where as bupe is only a partial agonist.

Aggreeable

yea I popped one under the tongue a little while ago.. and I just say.. the slight head buzz that I get from bupe is stronger on these than subs.. I would have to have taken 2 subs at once to get this level of buzz.. I think I will enjoy these.. but of course that makes it harder for me to get off of them.. my doctor wants to keep me on a maintenance.. but I want to break free.. I suppose I could always just taper myself and quit... but in the back of my mind.. I am fearful that I will fall back into taking opiates.. even though I have a good job and am trying to patch things up with my ex (baby momma) and piece my family back together.. I've been free of opiates for over 2 years.. aside from the sub and now zub.. but in that 2 years of not spending every dime and lying and stealing for the hydros and the oxys and H.. I have made HUGE strides.. and pieced most of my life back together.. now its just a matter of completing the change... thats the only problem I see with these bupe maintenance things... they just get you hooked onto a (semi more legal) drug.. and its not so badly looked down upon... I hope when the time comes, I wont have that worry in the back of my mind anymore.. I dont ever want to take that plunge again..

I'm totally with you on that. That's My biggest thing. Fear of going back to the opiates. As much as I want to be off everything I'm scared that without bups I'll fall back down that rabbit hole of being broke and stealing and lying. God knows that's a bitc*. Lol. Litteraly just got switched to zubs. And not gonna lie I'm curious if they do give u the little buzz that subs do.. Not looking for a super high but I'll admit stress has me trying to find a lil relief ya feel me?? Lol. Maybe its not having a man. Does being single cause stress? Lol

I was on zubsolv for a while after getting out of rehab. Is wasn't able to get any sort of high off zubsolv at all, but I'll be damned if I didn't try. Worked wonders for cravings though.

I was on zubsolv for a while after getting out of rehab. Is wasn't able to get any sort of high off zubsolv at all, but I'll be damned if I didn't try. Worked wonders for cravings though.

that's unfortunate.

I recently switched to Zubsolv and so far I really like it. I was on suboxone tablets from 2010 until they stopped making them (sometime in 2012 iirc), at which point I switched to the films. Two months ago I got new insurance and they refused to cover the films. So, after taking brand name suboxone for about 6 years, I switched to the generic 8/2 tablets from Amneal. These tablets were ok, but they take a long time to dissolve. After that ran out, I asked my doc to switch to Zubsolv, which is covered on my insurance (although, it is $25 copay instead of the $5 for the Amneals). Taking one tablet of 5.7/1.4 .. i definitely got a nice little glow from it.. something I havent felt from the suboxone in a very long time. I also like how fast they dissolve.. soo fast! The flavor is ok, but I dont really care too much (I don't mind the taste of suboxone. All drugs/meds have a taste, and if we all threw a fit every time we tasted something 'bad', we never would've gotten high in the first place.. everything tastes bad: H drip, coke drip, methadone liquid, the list goes on. So yeah, taste isn't something I care about too much. In a weird way, tasting bad is almost a good thing.. it lets you know there is some chemicals in it aside from just sugar.)
So, all in all, I'm so far very pleased with the zubsolv.

IDK if your insurance would cover Bunavail, but I've tried it and prefer it to the Sub films.

It's a thicker, adhesive film type-thing, and you stick it right on you're cheek, like a Band-Aid, at which point it is absorbed buccally. It comes, I think, in lower doses than sub, as well, and claims to be absorbed better.

IME though, not only does it taste a lot better than sub, but it's much more convenient, and works well. Again, IDK if insurance will cover it, but if they do, I'd ask your doctor about it if you're considering a different bupe product.

Main difference is that it's easier to take, and it tastes better, reminiscent of certain Rx cough syrups I've had, which I highly prefer to the chemical citrus of suboxone.

It comes, I think, in lower doses than sub, as well, and claims to be absorbed better.
IDK if insurance will cover it, but if they do, I'd ask your doctor about it if you're considering a different bupe product.

yep thats correct. similar to zubsolv, bunavail requires smaller bupe doses to achieve the same plasma levels. The milligram variants of bunavail are different from zubsolv, but it is the same concept.
Definitely check with your Rx insurance provider to see if they will approve bunavail. For example, on my insurance, suboxone film is completely off limits, but bunavail is allowed (even though it has the highest copay of all tiers, $45). It's definitely worth checking, and somettimes high copays can be offset with a copay card from the manufacturer (I use one for zubsolv and used one for suboxone for many years)

I love this stuff compared to suboxone!! For one, it tastes a heck of alot better! I was on every different prescription opiate for about 5 years before I discovered that suboxone did exactly what I wanted. Which was to not get "too high", give me the energy I was accustom to, and be able to carry on with daily life. And then the bonus came, that although I would go as far as putting a 100mcg fentanyl patch on and eat 20-30 of the 10/650mg lorcets throughout a day, I seen that with even 4mg or less of suboxone, I could go through a whole day without even having to think about dosing again! So I stayed with suboxone for another 5 years or so, then these zubs started popping up. I love the menthol, compared to the orange. Also I love how small they are! Since I've been on them for so long, I have a routine I follow religiously.
-wake up, brush my teeth
-put the zub under my tongue toward the side (but not too far)
-check the clock... OK I wake up at 4:05a.m. for work every day. By 4:25, I dose. Tell myself "ok, 15 minutes"
-4:40 (15 minutes later), I check. 9 x outta 10, it's gone.
-light up a smoke, take a drink of my coffee
-go on with my day without even thinking about any of it until the next morning!

This may not be the best way to be going through life but I handle every and all responsibility, don't waste my money on the senseless opiate pills or any of that, I'd say it's a hell of a lot better way to live than the former lifestyle! Anyways, sorry for the rant, but I figured if anyone is curious of how one should take it, I'm sure there's a million different processes people will swear by,,but just saying this has never failed me in 5+ years! Have a good day everyone!