• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Zopiclone

Jungo871

Bluelighter
Is the risk of cancer with these drugs all just hype or is it fact? The z drugs are supposed to be safer having tried the two main ones what's people's options on zalepon? Any safer as all z drugs are related but have completely different chemical structures

I have never heard of a cancer risk from Zopiclone

It's not just zopiclone look it up all the z drugs are being linked to it

Is the risk of cancer with these drugs all just hype or is it fact? The z drugs are supposed to be safer having tried the two main ones what's people's options on zalepon? Any safer as all z drugs are related but have completely different chemical structures

Some studies seem to imply they do but there doesn't seem to be conclusive evidence, so you won't get a definitive answer (from what I've read neither in the current data and definately not here).

Some studies seem to imply they do but there doesn't seem to be conclusive evidence, so you won't get a definitive answer (from what I've read neither in the current data and definately not here).
I think it's all hype but I've noticed the z drugs zopiclone and zolpidem do have psychedelic side effects like seeing things in your mind but only for a second bit like flash CEVs

I think it's all hype but I've noticed the z drugs zopiclone and zolpidem do have psychedelic side effects like seeing things in your mind but only for a second bit like flash CEVs

And what do you base this on? Your careful evaluation of the studies that have been performed and the systematic errors you've unveiled or your own experimental and epidimiological studies?

My own experiences

Well, you can believe what you want.
But that's like saying 'My Grandpa smoked 50 fags a day his whole life and died healthy when he broke his neck at a tragic paragliding accident at the ripe age of 107'.

At he least he died doing what he loved.
Shouldn't have tried the paragliding while shitfaced, though. Had he only stayed with the booze he'd be a solid 112 today.

That wasn't meant as sarcasm BTW I am sorry for your loss. I just started the fags back up again can't be doing with that vaping having to charge it every other hour.

Never heard of it.
Zopiclone is not a benzo, btw.
Sorry just realised I had the thread under benzos. But zopiclone is more or less a benzo but is a different drug that has a higher affinity for the hypnotic gaba receptor think it's a correct me if I'm wrong.

If i recall correctly i once read clonazepam and alprazolam are associated with higher rates of cancer (when compared to diazepam, etc.).

Who knows. I do know that, therapeutically speaking, long term zopiclone use is a fools errand, and the bizarre metalic aftertaste it leaves sure tastes cancer promoting.

There haven't. Wen long term, multiple studies on this. You'd think after 50 years they would discover a risk from benzos, but Z-drugs are knewer.
I wouldn't worry about it. And yes, Z-drugs function like benzodiazepines, except they are selective for type 2 gaba-A receptors causing hypnotic effects w/ less anxyolytic effects. In high enough doses they cause benzo effects, though also hallucinations and such

And what do you base this on? Your careful evaluation of the studies that have been performed and the systematic errors you've unveiled or your own experimental and epidimiological studies?
Zolpidem has a good record of causing these kinda effect's. Zopiclone and the rest are less heard of.