• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Zopiclone for help with Benzo W/D

silver_lining

Bluelighter
I found this study conclusion interesting:

Withdrawal from hypnotics can produce a variety of problems, especially sleep difficulties, some of which may arise from the multiple actions of most hypnotics, thus producing a range of rebound effects. This study examined whether switching patients to a hypnotic with a narrower range of action and of a different class would reduce these problems. One hundred and thirty-four patients participated; they were randomly allocated to one of three methods of switching from "previous hypnotic" to zopiclone (a cyclopyrrolone). The methods were gap (an interval between taking the two drugs); abuttal (taking zopiclone immediately on stopping previous drug); and overlap (gradually reducing previous drug after starting zopiclone). The main findings were that zopiclone was associated with better sleep and increased alertness; the abuttal method was the best method of switching; and no serious side effects from zopiclone were reported. It was concluded that zopiclone has a useful role in benzodiazepine withdrawal, and that immediate substitution is the best method.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19698411/

I can't attest to it's efficacy beyond helping with sleep difficulties. I went into A&E after a seizure after coming off of benzos abruptly. They didn't believe me about the seizure and thought I was after benzos, which I wasn't as I was quite determined to stay off them by that point and they gave me zopiclones to help me sleep, either a week or two's worth. I remember taking one or two in the day on certain days just to deal with the anxiety but they certainly helped with the sleep, and sleep is incredibly crucial during any recovery process (something I learnt this time around).

So last night after laying in bed for an hour with no sign of sleep headed my way, I decided to take 10mg of Zopiclone. I must of fallen asleep within 30 minutes of taking it, and slept very sound for the next 7.5 hours. To my surprise, my anxiety is much less today (i'm on day 8 after jumping off benzo dependency, suffering from w/d) I'll see how the rest of the day goes, but other than being a little groggy & a slight metallic taste in mouth, I don't seem to have triggered any worsening benzo w/d symptoms like seems to happen when i take Soma for the same reason: sleep aid. Also, there is no euphoria associated with Zopiclone for me at 10 or even 20mg, just helps get you to sleep and keep you asleep. Soma is very recreational, and seemingly more dangerous for me. Which sucks, I love them. Gonna just shelf the Soma until i'm well beyond the benzo withdrawals.

This usage will be sparse,. really only going to access it when last resort to needed sleep. Unless later today I have some sort of negative rebound effect. I'm sooooo glad to be on day 8! Fuck you Valium!