• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Zopiclone after amphetamine

Icaros

Greenlighter
Hi! I was wondering if I can safely take 3mg of Zopiclone (imovane) to fall asleep 16-18 hours after ingesting about 30mg of amphetamine (actually lisdexamphetamine aka. vyvanse).
I'm mostly interested in how it would affect my brain, and if it's relatively safe or just a no-go. I've read that it can be an unpleasent combo, but I am not to worried about the mental effects as I am not high-dosing, and will only take Zopiclone many hours after ingesting amhpetamine - just before I want to go to bed.
Thank you very much, from a long-time reader, but first poster.

I can't see any problem with it, lots of people take benzos/z drugs to come down off amps without issue.

I'm not sure why someone would call thwe combination unpleasant either, I would expect the opposite, that the sedation counteracting residual stimulation from the Stims would be great.

I would go further and say it's likely to be safe even without waiting many hours

Thank you for the reply! I am just worried about my health, as I don't have a big understanding of how zopiclone affects the brain.
I still hoping someone can elaborate on the neurochemical interaction a bit?
Also I'm wonder if drinking a few beers would be too much of a risk (considering the respiratory depression of both alcohol and zopiclone).

What is you aim Icaros sleep or just relaxing a bit?

For sleep Zopiclone will work wonder's. If you have no tolerance to this class of drugs 3.75/ 7.5 could be enough for a individual to induce sleep.

I wouldn't mix the two, def not in your situation. the zopiclone is a sleep aid imo, taken it a few times and the metallic taste is durable the ammount of time it takes to get to sleep.

There are member's who do take it for relaxation. So it is not like it is unheard of. But again mixing with alcohol seems a bit overkill and unpredictable, especially if you are not accustomed to Zopiclone with or without combining it with a few beer's.

So how is your experience regarding the two?

I was thinking that if i drank a few beers now I could have metabolised it by the time I'm going to sleep in 8 hours.
I am using zopiclone to fall asleep, I've always had trouble sleeping on stimulants..
I've only used zopiclone and both time I fell asleep very fast. I've also used Quetiapin to fall asleep after stimulants a few times, one time I still wasn't able to sleep and things got mildly weird.
Appreciate it man!

Zopiclone is a Z-drug with GABA-ergic action similar to a benzodiazepine (clonazepam, lorazepam, etc), however it hits only a portion of the subunits of the GABA-A receptor, specifically the alpha-1 subunit of the receptor, which is responsible for hypnotic effects. Benzodiazepines in comparison bind to alpha/delta, and beta subunits which result in hypnotic actio,n but additionally anxiolytic, muscle relxant, and anticonvulsant properties.

It can be dangerous staying awake while taking it because some people blackout when awake under the hypnotic effects and do crazy/messed up/weird things, etc. Alcohol will intensify the efficacy of the drug. I wouldnt recommend using significant amounts of alcohol and then taking zopiclone. This could potentially be something to push you over the edge into over-intoxication from the effects of alcohol. These two drugs, alcohol, zopiclone, as well as benzodiazepines interact to potentiate the effects of each other and can be dangerous. If you take amphetamine during the day (in the morning), and you are taking zopiclone at night to go to bed, you will be just fine. Just make sure that you are actually ready for bed and arent going to go try and do things while the zopiclone is taking effect

Thank you for sharing your knowledge.
I decided to skip alcohol... However I decided to redose, 10mg (amphetamine)
I've read about The blackouts etc. but as I'll be sleeping I was mostly concerned about the neuro-toxicity/damage of speed+zopiclone. Sounds like it's Safe enough then.

Do anyone how my heart, bloodstream and breathing is going to change after dosing zopiclone?

I'm doing lisdexamphetamine so The Half Life is 11 hours and I am never able to sleep for atleast 24hours..

This is so interesting!

I’m a crystal user and get prescribed zopiclone ( when I wasn’t using and had insomnia) I fill the scripts but never actually take it.

So you never mixed them? I'm worried about my heart since speed is upper and zopiclone slows the Heart Down. Don't you think the risk of Heart failure or other lethal symptoms would increase significantly?

So you never mixed them? I'm worried about my heart since speed is upper and zopiclone slows the Heart Down. Don't you think the risk of Heart failure or other lethal symptoms would increase significantly?

Zopiclone will not slow the heart down. It is simply a hypnotic, meaning it has essentially no other effects, other than CNS effects that induce sleep. You should not be at any appreciable increased risk of anything cardiovascular or anything even remotely close to lethal. Alcohol is the most dangerous thing to combine with either amphetamine or zopiclone, even that is not dangerous when done in moderation. Your breathing should not change either.

If it’s such a concern as it’s your body, don’t use it and look for another solution.

If you overdose it can cause a heart attack but not likely on a controlled dose.

Okay thank you, I feel more comfortable now. I'll just completely avoid alcohol when I'm using downers to fall asleep after stimulants.
Have a great day, thank you for sharing :)

Don't worry to much, it's a side effect of speed, especially in recreative range.

A benzo, or Z-drug, is perfectly safe before during and after. The effects on judgement is a whole nother thing. But physically they are not contradicted. In other word's it's not a speedball. Benzo's are used in case of overdoing stim's medically. And a lot of American's are prescribed both.

It's safe to do so provided you don't have other CNS depressants on-board. The issue with the Z-Drugs for this indication however, is that they are typically more designed for initiating sleep and are not so great at maintaining it. A Benzodiazepine will more effectively treat all aspects of the comedown experience and even if it or they do not actually put you to sleep, they will still make you feel less shitty and help you deescalate or bridge you between the high highs and the low lows of stimulants.

im alive and i take opiates benzos while using cocaine and amphetamine before during and after.

benzos take all the amp anxiety away and make the experience 100% positive effects for me.

i actually tend to use benzos during amphetamine oddly which makes me take more amphetamine.

i believe in my rule of the up and down effect which is - while using an upper and you take a downer, don't take an upper dose again right away wait awhile if not hour if youre uncomfortable with it, and same goes for downer, after a downer dose don't take an upper so close to the downer. i have experience in this regard and i firmly stand by this is what causes negative effects if you use these combos.
which means, sure you can take a downer on a stimulant but just don't run over to your jar of stims and eat more because you feel you can.

I personally don't use speed as I don't like it but all it is worth (if anything) I used to use Zopiclone to come down from MDPV & a-PVP sessions (going from 48 hours to a week) & it works very well, I assume peeve & flaka are a bit more potent that the speed the OP is using hence why I posted.

The only issue was you would fall asleep at random times & places which can be a slight issue to say the least but yeah for all it is worth it should work & do the trick very well.

If you are in a real mess & all tweaked out or on a brutal come down & not got much Zopiclone in your system 7.5mg up the nose will do the trick 100%, trust me on this one.
Make sure you are close to the bed though as it will hit hard & a lot faster than you would normally expect, I suggest a sniff & right off to get into bed.

Hi! I was wondering if I can safely take 3mg of Zopiclone (imovane) to fall asleep 16-18 hours after ingesting about 30mg of amphetamine (actually lisdexamphetamine aka. vyvanse).
I'm mostly interested in how it would affect my brain, and if it's relatively safe or just a no-go. I've read that it can be an unpleasent combo, but I am not to worried about the mental effects as I am not high-dosing, and will only take Zopiclone many hours after ingesting amhpetamine - just before I want to go to bed.
Thank you very much, from a long-time reader, but first poster.

Safe and a pretty sensible choice. Are you sure it's Zopiclone and not Eszopiclone? Zopiclone is usually a 7.5mg while Eszopiclone is stronger and therefor usually a 3mg tablet.