• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Zopiclone abuse and obsession

Eszopiclone3

Greenlighter
Excuse my English because I am using the translator. Well I introduce myself, I am a 24-year-old boy who, due to certain reasons, fell into a Tramadol adduction, since I was 18 years old, two months ago I left it completely after having been in a rehabilitation center because my intakes were high (600-1000mg) and I already had 4 overdoses, so two and a half months ago I left the center and to date it has been the longest time out of tramadol, what happens is that I am in a treatment and today I have to reduce 5 mg of diazepam, I also comment that I take pregabalin 150 at night and olanzapine 10 mg, well to the point, after spending almost two and a half months clean I have not stopped taking zopiclone and eszopiclone Here in my country they sell everything without a prescription except for benzos, codeine and tramadol they sell it like nothing, so I have been consuming zopiclone and eszopicone non-stop (which is better but a little more expensive) sometimes I take heavy amounts of various tablets, 6x7.5mg or sometimes 12 pills, I like the metallic flavor, it takes away my anxiety and everything, it's cheap and legal to buy it here, I'm from Latin America, and when there isn't, I go to the free fairs where they sell medicines, it's crazy, I spend all the time day under the effects of zopiclone either due to tolerance perhaps but I can take 3x7.5 mg and feel relaxed, uninhibited, I know I should stop and I was wondering if there is mental withdrawal, sometimes I only take one pill when I have few left but I always buy 60 pills that last 3 or 4 days, diazepam will no longer be prescribed to me, what can I do?

Are you physically dependent on the Diazepam? If so, it's entirely neccessary that you taper off of the drug. And even then you will experience some withdrawls most likely. I feel like the tapering process that is recommended in medicinal setting are usually to extreme, their expected times frames aren't long enough. Don't let this discourage you, but definitely talk to your doctor about this. I know someone who was prescribed Klonopin (Clonazepam) and she was giving this guy a ride home, he stole her entire prescription. Either the next day or the day after that she had a seizure right on her moms porch, unfortunately her son who was 11 at the time was also there. This spoke volumes to me, they really need to warn & inform people of the risks before they get on these medications and many others. Prescription opioids, benzodiazepines, ADHD medications, sleep aids etc. the list goes on and on. Believe me, you are not alone. That's why when people ask me "Are you a doctor", I'm like no, I am not a doctor. I didn't help the opioid epidemic thrive and blindly prescribe very addictive & potentially harmful medications to unknowing victims. Like you... Don't give up hope my friend.

As for the Zopiclone, the available information on it is rather limited compared to Benzodiazepines. Also, I do not have personal experience with the substance. So I'm mostly relying on what information is available and anecdotal evidence. While Zopiclone is appearingly physically addictive, its no where near the extreme as seen with Benzodiazepines. Or other depressants such as opioids or alcohol. But, this is not to say it's not an addictive compound. It's actually marketed as non-addictive, yet another example of medical professionals not being the wizkids they think they are handing out scripts like candy. I would say dependency is for sure a worry for you at the rate you are using, but not as big of a worry as your Diazepam. Even if you weren't using it recreationally, medicinal dosages are more than enough to become dependent. Slow down on the Zopiclone would be my advice for sure.

TLDR; Yes, it is as addictive. Not as addictive as some of the other substances you are using, at least as far as physical dependency is concerned.

Last edited:
Lunesta's (eszopiclone) mechanism of action is not fully understood. However, it is not a benzodiazepine although still acting as a hypnotic it is believed that it interacts at GABA receptors closely linked with benzodiazepine receptors. I would not recommend that you continue taking eszopiclone as frequently as you are. Studies have shown rebound anxiety/insomnia, hyperesthesia, and neurosis in those that discontinue eszopiclone after extended use. Eszopiclone was only studied for use for up to six months so I would advise not using any longer than that at least not constantly using. According to the FDA, Eszopiclone taken at doses of six to twelve milligrams produced euphoric effects similar to 20 mg of Diazepam. In the same findings the FDA reported amnesia and hallucinations in both Eszopiclone and Diazepam. They found that there were no "serious" withdrawal syndromes reported. I would recommend a taper down in dosage then outright cessation. Although it is in the same class of drugs (in the U.S.) as the other benzodiazepines and z-drugs it doesn't appear to be as dangerous in abrupt discontinuation.

''That's why when people ask me "Are you a doctor", I'm like no, I am not a doctor. I didn't help the opioid epidemic thrive and blindly prescribe very addictive & potentially harmful medications to unknowing victims. Like you... Don't give up hope my friend''

🤗

Pero cuánto diazepam estás o estabas tomando y por cuánto tiempo te lo recetaron, fue sólo en rehabilitación? cuántas veces lo tomabas al día y por qué no te recetan más?

Lo de la zopiclona es una barbaridad tomar 60 pastillas en 4 días, ten cuidado porque puede no acabar bien la cosa. Empieza a reducir. Si es necesario toma más pregabalina un tiempo y luego redúcela.

How much, for how long and how often have you been taking diazepam?
Too much zopiclone, be careful. Taper. If needed, Up your pregab dose for a while and then taper it back.