• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Zolpidem to zopiclone

kebabas

Greenlighter
Hello. Im new in this forum. So sorry if i making this thread in wrong section.

I was using ambien(zolpidem) for about half year and my tolerance got higher. Before bed i needed to take 2x 10mg ambien to get me to sleep. Everything was fine. It worked good for me, but doctor wrote prescription for zopiclone. Yesterday i taked 1 tab(7.5mg) and i didn't feel anything, just little buzz and I could not fall asleep. So now im sitting without night sleep :( Its sucks to be insomniac. I read in this forum that zopiclone is most similar effect drug to ambien. It is true? And how you guys think how much i need to take zopiclone if i was taking 2tabs zolpidem. And if anyone wjo tried zolpidem and zopiclone does effect really similar? Because from ambien im getting nice buzz and they make me sleepy.

Zopiclone is probably the closest thing I've had to zolpidem, but they are still quite different. It took a number of tries before I got a feel for zopiclone, but it's definitely just as good as zolpidem.

I think zopiclone is stronger. 20mg of zolpidem for me is about the same strength as 7.5mg of zopiclone. That is purely subjective though, some people will probably find zolpidem stronger. It's a difficult comparison because they are quite distinct from one another.

I would suggest keeping your dose of zopiclone as low as possible, it may just take some time for you to adjust to it. I took three of them one night when I first started on them and wasn't really certain if they were working. I ended up really really spaced out, they were much stronger than I realised.

Now I can have just half of a 7.5mg tablet and that's just enough.

If you're in the States, melatonin might help a little until you level out on the zopiclone. I would also suggest that you don't go searching for anything else controlled, as that usually ends up being a regrettable decision later on. Not to sound patronizing but rigorous exercise during the day can also help quite a bit. The transition issues shouldn't last all that long at least. Hope it works out for you.

Going from zolpidem to zopiclone seems the wrong way to me. Like going from hydrocodone to codeine. Zolpidem is much more effective. I had a friend who liked zopiclone, after a night on the sniff, he could take a zopi 30ish min after last line, roll a cigarette and he said by the time he was finishing the cigarette he said that zopi taste began and that was his signal for lights out, asleep within 30 min.
Zopiclone has worked for me, but I'd take 3-7 pills and have to try to sleep really hard. More often than not I'd lay there in the dark with that horrible taste, but I'm naturally a poor sleeper.

Zolpidem however, that would work 80% of the time. Zolpidem doesn't last as long, so I'd take it as I got in to bed. If I tried to treat it like a fun benzo and go to the bar after taking 50mg zolpidem, I'd barely remember past the first beer, be a cocky prick, then it'd wear off around 2 hours later. So although I'd say zopiclone isn't recreational and zolpidem is, the main draw back is short duration. I'd consider 7.5mg zopiclone equal to about 5-10mg zolpidem. Zolpidem seems to effect people quite differently. I've seen a girl face plant after a few beers then 10mg zolpidem. And I've taken 30mg in bed and still unable to sleep
I've heard zolpidem affects women a lot more than men, i.e. nearly double.

If you need an alternative to zolpidem, I'd think nitrazepam would be the best choice. If you don't like the zopis, tell your doc they don't work unless you're exhausted and even then, they help get you to sleep but don't keep you asleep. You wake up 2 hours later ofen. That worked for my friend who wanted changing from zopiclone to zolpidem.