Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Zolpidem/Stilnox and Benzos question

kaiba

Bluelighter
For insomnia, are aussie doctors more relax/liberal to dish out stilnox/zolpidem than benzos for sleep such as temazepam and valium/diazepam?

I reckon doctors perceive stilnox as less addictive than benzos for sleep? Even though stilnox works kinda similar to benzos (action/tolerance/reliance/addiction).

I've tried valium and temazepam before for sleep. Stilnox is better for my sleep, I prefer it.

I'm prescribed stilnox and my doctor gives it out to me like it doesn't matter (when I ask for it for sleep, multiple repeats). Like you go in and out of Woolworths/Coles, no problem! You get more hassle buying those pseudoephedrine for a legit cold/flu (I have a dex script)!

I was wondering if it's the same for you guys?

I've been noticing it is harder and harder to get stilnox. I guess it depends on the doctor.

A recent trend is I am more likely to get temazepam than stilnox for sleep problems. I find temazepam pretty terrible for sleep problems.

I'm prescribed stilnox and my doctor gives it out to me like it doesn't matter (when I ask for it for sleep, multiple repeats). Like you go in and out of Woolworths/Coles, no problem! You get more hassle buying those pseudoephedrine for a legit cold/flu (I have a dex script)!
maybe they have no hesitation in scripting you stilnox because you are also on dexamphetamine? just a guess, i'd imagine that individual doctors are different in their prescribing habits.

For insomnia, are aussie doctors more relax/liberal to dish out stilnox/zolpidem than benzos for sleep such as temazepam and valium/diazepam?

I reckon doctors perceive stilnox as less addictive than benzos for sleep? Even though stilnox works kinda similar to benzos (action/tolerance/reliance/addiction).

I've tried valium and temazepam before for sleep. Stilnox is better for my sleep, I prefer it.

I was wondering if it's the same for you guys?

LOL. If you have a Dexamphetamine prescription, quit taking that shit late in the afternoon/pre-evening or even night-time.

Last thing you want is a fucking short acting benzodiazepine dependency issue, along with a little bit of Dexamphetamine abuse. That's hell.

Harm reduction at it's finest.

^ do you understand that people scripted dexamphetamine for legitimate conditions often have a different response to it than most people? like, dramatically different?
if you're going to keep talking down to people like they're idiots, you might want to consider keeping your self-proclaimed "harm reduction at it's finest" to yourself.

Yes, Bronson, you might want to reconsider being so patronizing and condescending. :\

LOL. If you have a Dexamphetamine prescription, quit taking that shit late in the afternoon/pre-evening or even night-time.

Last thing you want is a fucking short acting benzodiazepine dependency issue, along with a little bit of Dexamphetamine abuse. That's hell.

Harm reduction at it's finest.

I take the last dexamphetamine dose at 3 pm.

I don't take the stilnox every night.

I take the last dexamphetamine dose at 3 pm.

I don't take the stilnox every night.

Cool dude. Based on cost, I'd go with either Imovane or Imrest 7.5 mg 30 tablets, as opposed to Stilnox.

Sorry for being a prick, I was clearly off my rocker.

one dr said temaze was better than ambian another said ambian is less addictive than valium.
ambian isnt recreational it made me trip & i got amsesia from taking it. i can easily pop 25 temazepams like i have tonight with codeine. & a few dexamphetamines & alcohol too. but stilnox aka ambian made me black out. i didnt know whether my night before was a dream or reality it's psychedelic and not in a good way. i wont remember much.
stilnox has a very short half life of like 2 hrs of something to FYI
benzos are better. Id take an antipychotic over ambian. it was one of the weirdest nights of my life when i tried to get a buzz from ambian. not good. bad drug.
if u arnt tolerance to benzos go with temazepam the only benzos that doesnt mess with REM sleep. if u are tolerance to benzos. take seroquel. its not WEIRD like stilnox

^ They are asking about sleep, not recreational use. I don't rate stilnox much for recreation, a couple times for the novelty maybe but other than that... In my experience it is a great sleeping aid though, I definately wake up feeling more refreshed than I would after using hypnotic benzos. If you suffer anxiety then a decent dose of an anxiolytic long half-life benzo like diazepam can be a good sleep aid because, atleast ime, it tends to alleviate anxiety the next day as a bonus.

the doctor i go see has no issues handing out stilnox. Though i havent really abused them. I suppose if i asked every 10days (how many is in pack he may question)