View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Zig Zag Zen

MetanoiaMan

Bluelighter
Is an excellent book that should be read by everybody on bluelight. It's a series of essays written by the west's foremost meditation teachers. Every single one of them admits their use of Psychedelics as the entry onto the path of consciousness. But each of them also admits that they wizened up and realized that Psychedelics lead nowhere. They were a turnstile. But if they really wanted to make progress with their quality of consciousness, they needed discipline and wisdom, and a disciplined meditation practice is the only thing that provides that. Read it, learn it, live it, bluelighters....:)

But if they really wanted to make progress with their quality of consciousness, they needed discipline and wisdom, and a disciplined meditation practice is the only thing that provides that. Read it, learn it, live it, bluelighters...

No comment...

Can we get MetaoniaMan his own subforum so I know where to go for his lessons and blessings each day

drugs are chemicals on earth that are derivates of neurotranmiters that fit into our brains receptors and cause an alteration in perception THIS IS ALL WE KNOW. There are no spirits, no higher consciousness,...any belief of any special meaning behind any of it is just fantasy on your part based on nothing except an imagination fueled by drugs.

tons of people take psychs and don't get anything out of them except colors and a good time, other derive some sort of self analysis or self help. Its dependent on the person's preexisting mind not so connected to the drug as you seem to think

Haha omg Lucid.. you made me lol

You're not making any converts here MetanoiaMan. Your arrogant tone makes me what to read this book less than before you made this post.

This doesn't belong in Psychedelic Drugs; I'll see if P&S wants to take it.

Easy on guys, you're reading a little bit more into what you think OP is saying. Don't jump the gun now. We're all entitled to our opinions again, and at this stage there's been no 'forcing' of anyone's onto anyone else. Just sharing.

Is an excellent book that should be read by everybody on bluelight. It's a series of essays written by the west's foremost meditation teachers. Every single one of them admits their use of Psychedelics as the entry onto the path of consciousness. But each of them also admits that they wizened up and realized that Psychedelics lead nowhere. They were a turnstile. But if they really wanted to make progress with their quality of consciousness, they needed discipline and wisdom, and a disciplined meditation practice is the only thing that provides that. Read it, learn it, live it, bluelighters....:)

Well said.

Psychedelics are useful to open up your mind and change your reality; but they are not meant to be used for years/decades, or the rest of your life.

People who are actually serious about learning about themselves, and actually exploring their mind get into meditation and even yoga.

I did read this review on Amazon so I am not sure if I would read this book? I will not buy it but I would read it if my local library has it.

Reviews of Zig Zag Zen on Amazon.com said:
First off, if I could I would rate this book a ZERO. IT IS NOT WORTH YOUR TIME. This book has absolutely NOTHING to do with Buddhism or religion in general. Drugs and other intoxicants will NOT show you enlightenment. The only thing drugs will show you is what it's like to be on drugs. Real enlightenment comes from within. If you're serious about Zen, get a real book on it. Learn just what it was that Guatama Buddha taught. But if you're just looking for an excuse to do drugs, then by all means buy this book. Just don't make false claims that you're being spiritual. Own up to the fact that you have a drug problem.-end of review

Interesting anthology, probably worth putting together, very
little to do with 'Buddhism' per se, though it tries hard to make
some associations, they really aren't convincing.
The book leaves an empty taste and slight feeling of nausea after
reading of all the dopeheads parading off to Hawaii, the Amazon,
or Green Gulch, in search of a 'real teacher' who would validate
their drug desires. Trungpa's paradoxical positions on intoxication are described from a few viewpoints which make for interesting reading, and comparison with that of Suzuki Roshi's. If you like the vapid slickness of Tricycle's heavy paper and empty pages, you might like this book.
Otherwise, your time might be better spent cleaning the toilet or doing the laundry, while enduring the ongoing decline and fall of human civilisation, the horror, the horror.-end of review

well i guess i didnt read metatoniamans post close enought the first time, we kind of seem to agree with eachother (on this at least).

still though, there is nothing wrong with tripping at a carnival and having a blast with your friends. not a misuse of these compounds at all if thats what he keeps trying to imply with his posts.

Zig Zag Zen is just a load of pop-spirituality entheogen-diminishing nonsense written by clueless "Buddhists"