• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Zeprexa what dose are you on and why!

femaletrouble

Bluelighter
My psych doc has put me on zeprexa 10mg for intrusive thoughts an paranoia makes me sleepy but hasn't helped with the intrusive thoughts yet! But I've only been on it 5 days ?

My psych doc has put me on zeprexa 10mg for intrusive thoughts an paranoia makes me sleepy but hasn't helped with the intrusive thoughts yet! But I've only been on it 5 days ?
Fuck, i was on 5mg zyprexa once a day at night when i was on a detox facility, that shit gave me nightmares every single night and after 30 mins on it it was like someone switched off my brain. That medication is horrible i still got like 30 of em lying around in one of my drawers, wouldn't take one even if u paid me to do it.

That's awful. Didn't you ask for a different head med? I don't notice any difference myself other than it does help with sleep. But I still get fuckin nusence thoughts during the day

Zyprexa has ALOT of uses. It binds to many receptors at various potencies. It may have mACh and H1 antagonism which may be why at low doses ie 5 mg it could be used to help patients sleep esp in a hospital.

Higher doeses i believe antagonize 5ht2 and d2 receptors which i believe is why it is likely used for schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.

While ive only seen risperidone used for intrusive thoughts both act on 5ht2 and d2 receptors.

I was put on olanzapine 10-20 mg dont quite remember. I had minor EPS and was put on cogentin and it resolved. Ultimately it wasnt appropriate for me and instead i went on mood stabilizers.

I would strongly recommend you give it a few weeks if you dont get much side effects because it has significantly less than the typical antipsychotics.

Medications often dont work like a illicit drug and takes a while to work.

For example i take lithium for years. If i looked at what it did after a few days id say nothing. But, i went from either being unstable commiting suicide or being hospitalized yearly for suicidal thoughts to having zero episodes over all the years on it.

Well I don't know if the zeprexa is any good for this ( mental health issue) I've got several. But it hasn't stopped the urge to self abuse sexual urge I won't go into detail but I've not stopped. I suppose zeprexa is not helpful in stopping sexual urges or else I would not be giving in to them

7,5mg's daily, taken at nighttime.

Though I stay away from eating them, unless I have to.

I'm prescribed them because some evil people were attacking me mentally.

What kind of intrusive thoughts???

OCD?

I have POCD and it isn’t for that. I take it for psychosis and it works extremely well.

I’m on 15 mg, I’m also on Zoloft which is better for my OCD.

I’m on gabapentin too for anxiety. Everything I’m taking is keeping my head leveled.