• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Zaleplon experiences?

ghostfreak

Moderator: DC, F&TV, S&G
Staff member
Hey all,

Anyone tried Zaleplon? It’s available to me but is it any better than the other Z drugs?

Might be better in the Other Drugs so gonna move it there.

Hey yeah I've tried it quite a bit

I used to get the capsules which I'd empty out and snort.

For me personally, I didn't find it to be as good as (es)zopiclone or zolpidem, and even shorter in duration.

Worth a try to tick off the list but if it's expensive I wouldn't bother @ghostfreak

Hey yeah I've tried it quite a bit

I used to get the capsules which I'd empty out and snort.

For me personally, I didn't find it to be as good as (es)zopiclone or zolpidem, and even shorter in duration.

Worth a try to tick off the list but if it's expensive I wouldn't bother @ghostfreak
Thanks for the reply!

I don't think it's water soluble as is zolpidem. Not saying you can't short them cos u can snort brown heroin and it works eventually.

Would love to try. And pacgoclone. Professor nuttys secret sauce I think it was supposed to be. Now available online. Poor chap.

I tried them orally too and they were fine. If your curiosity is killing you and you can get them for about the same price as other z drugs then go for it. If they're more expensive then I would go for zops or zolpidem every time.

To me they were a milder version of zolpidem but YMMV and all that.

I've never tried it, but I was also interested in zaleplon and vaguely contemplating an effort to get hold of it. Just last night, actually, I bumped into a few studies which suggested that zaleplon is quite a bit less intoxicating than its Z-drug brethren. Of course, some might find that a point in its favor....

One study showed that 10mg zaleplon didn't produce any "residual" impairment when subjects were woken up as little as 2 hours after taking it; 10mg zolpidem took at least 5 hours to wear off. In another, subjects took almost twice as long to return to baseline from 7.5mg zopiclone as 10mg zaleplon.

In tests of memory/learning and psychomotor skills, 10mg zaleplon had no effects beyond placebo even at the 1.25hr mark! 20mg did have measurable effects at the 1.25hr mark, but they were significantly milder than 20mg zolpidem and had completely disappeared in the tests given after 8.25 hours, when 20mg zolpidem was still impairing.

All in all, zaleplon seems to be the runt of the Z-litter. And even though I'm still curious, it is probably best skipped by anyone who harbors "recreational" intent, especially since zopiclone and zolpidem are so widely used and so cheaply produced.

Last edited:
^^Yep nailed it IMHO. Thanks @JTemperance

It felt like a really short acting and mild zolpidem, but was different from simply taking smaller amounts of Ambien.

Worth a go, but not worth scouring the earth for when zoppies and zolpies are way better (more recreational and better for sleep).

I think the reason zaleplon is rare is because of the above reasons. May be a good, less abusable medicine for insomnia that just needs a little nudge. Also handy that it doesn't cause lingering drowsiness!