• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Z-Drugs vs. Benzos - How are they different?

Both seem easily prescribed in the US but I would use with caution. There is not enough data available about the "Z's" their side effects seem to last even when not on the drug. I've witnessed sleepwalking , confusion etc. Hours after use, almost stroke-like activity. As far as their addictive qualities they are both addictive and if you think you have problems sleeping wait until you stop using all together. It'll be some long nights.

Mixing zopoclone and remeron

Hi, i have been on zopiclone for 9 years. During the firts for years,i didn't have to use them every night. But for 5 years now i have take at least a pill to sleep. Recently i got into a lot of negatives things on my personal and professional life.
One docteur prescribes me zopiclone, but i take more thrn needed and eac end of the month i run out before i can reniew prescrition.
Another docteur, a psychlogist, precribe me remeron. It's antidepesive but has the effect to calm my anxiety. I take about 45 min prior to go to bed. After i take my 2-3 pilss of zopiclone.
Does anyone has a hint on the adverse effects of mixing these two drug. Im not depressive... When in can sleep
thank

Last edited by a moderator:
Please do not post in all caps. I can't even read that.

Okay, now that I've edited your post...

They are both CNS depressants, meaning they would likely create a heavy sense of sedation if you dosed them both at night, which you would since they are both used as hypnotics, you would notice CNS depression and probably wake up with a hangover.

Mirtazapine + z-drug is regulary prescribed combo and nothing to worry about. I myself have been using mirtazapine and zolpidem together for years without any problems and both are prescribed medications.

I personally think Z drugs can be just as addictive as regular benzos.

I used to have a bottle of ambien? And while it SOMETIMES would make me trip, after awhile it became akin (to me) to simply taking a bunch of a benzo. Except much more "harder hitting" and more amnesia. I cant really explain it better but I developed a minor permanent tolerance to ambien where 9/10times i wouldn't be 'tripping' by any means, just be feeling more chilled out/relaxed, just like any other benzo.

It definitely made me do some WEIRD ASS SHIT. Wandering around the streets of Boston till 6am, dragging pieces of furniture behind me? And meeting homeless israelis randomly and buying shit soap bar hash? Or doing countless other weird things...sounds like a benzo to me!

I agree that the z-drugs can actually be at least as addictive as benzos both physically and most of all mentally. Or at least for me they are far worse addicting, although they induce sleep very well if that is intended. To me they are anyway part of this medical bullshit of bringing new "better", "less addictive" etc. marketed medications that may turn out actually worse than the original drugs they meant to replace (regular benzos for sleep).

i've used both zopiclone and zolpidem for longer (4+ months) periods of time, and while i find them subjectively less pleasant than benzos, especially zopiclone because fuck that shit, there is significant cross tolerance between benzos (which i was concurrently scripted) and their reinforcing nature is very similar to benzodiazepines. i personally find that there really is absolutely no good reason to take z-drugs over benzos, at least for me.
also concerning midazolam, it is among my favorite benzos, and both useful as a hypnotic and an anxiolytic. similar to the united states, midazolam (dormicum) is only indicated for pre-op sedation, however, i've found based on personal experience, that if a doctor is willing to script you benzos at all, if you have a plausible reason for asking for midazolam, you will usually be prescribed it. i've had it prescribed over the years a couple of times, and while some doctors flat out refuse to prescribe either midazolam or triazolam, most will usually do it. they're both vastly superior, at least to me, to z-drugs in every regard.