• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Design YouTube Help & Advice Request: passionate about prospective first video upload, specific inquiries & feedback/input appreciated.

Nagelfar

Bluelight Crew
TL;DR↓
I am taking to this thread mainly due to a personal bout of having, what in the industry of media design would be called, consignment to an “endless production hell”, that my otherwise intractable inspiration has been whittled down to.

In-fact it's so disconcertingly early in the creative process that it could justly be called ‘pre-production enduring hiatus’ - consisting of paralysis for even revising my rough drafts (wholly penned on paper at this point) and a continual wall of self-criticism to the point of petrification.

I'm at a loss as to what priorities I should take off in the direction of. My progress is utterly stifled by procrastination. I haven't even had advances with getting the details in order since the first day of the 2nd quarantine, when I was relegated to being under the (comfortable) presumption that I would be out of work for the duration of it. (That is until my employer called me to come in, business as usual; my pen was literally at the end of a page of paper in that moment. All the volition killed since that answered phone call.)

…all for something I hold boundless enthusiasm for. I literally feel I will die before I can make even a disappointing, shotty, attempt.

Reaching out is some kind of way forward, and not wanting to become mired in the process of seeking an appropriate forum on a dedicated website about the issue, making a username remembering a password and possibly having to move on and repeat it all to get any satisfactory outcome for the effort of petitioning blindly for assistance.

I thought what better than to make that small step here first.
I am going to make this a log of my progress (if there is any dynamic of response to this at all, that is).

My initial feeling is to blandly refuse offering any information as to what the project is about, in the hopes that will hurry it along because the very motivation behind it is to get what I have to say out there; and would presumably in the final completion find me hosting it's link at a later post in this very thread.

First I want to pose a technical question of an idea that seems plausible and is a simple awareness issue of what's out there to be utilized. I want to make a proto-type, a series of videos even. All I require to procure for it is a web located generator that spits out what you feed in.

I imagine something like that must be out there. You put in text, it gives a file to download that is in a video format ready to upload as you will. The text generates, for instance, a black screen with white text, held for so many frames and changes to yet another. Better still would be a computer dictation in addition to that, even a staid Stephen Hawking-esque voice reading off the type. Nothing more intricate than that.

Certainly if such an online service ("service" meaning no application needed locally on my device which I use to access it) doesn't exist (since so many others of that variety do) one should. It would be a fine medium which many without resources or savviness could use to reach that very far-flung community outlet: YouTube.

Nonetheless, my sole other recourse (which I am fine with, quality wise) is the camcorder option of my camera phone. I have 'made practice runs', the best of which lasted six or so minutes, but having the zeal without resorting to what I've written verbatim to get what I am aiming for yet eludes me.

So I am open to options and opinions for easy, accessible, non-intensive methods I can use to accomplish this, and overcome my fledging desire. It's a need I must fulfill and I feel it is hopelessly frustrated at this time.