3) I almost got away with it
4) Disappeared
5) Auction Kings

1. The Wire
2. The Sopranos
3. Boardwalk Empire
4. Arrested Development
5. Twin Peaks

(this was hard not having Six Feet Under in the list so it gets a special mention)

from the top of my head and in no order

- twin peaks
- cowboy bebop
- the wire
- futurama
- oz

in no order:
Malcolm in the Middle
King of the Hill
That 70s Show
Freaks & Geeks
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Honorable Mentions (really I consider these just as great as those listed above):
Rocko's Modern Life, Arrested Development, & The Office

This was as trim as I could get it. I can't really do this. tv shows are too dear to me. i'm not critical of them in the same way i am movies. and i did not even consider the great movie channel shows like Curb Your Enthusiasm, Entourage, The Sopranos, and Party Down.

the west wing
mr. show
hill street blues
twin peaks
the sopranos

alasdair

The Simpsons
The Wonder Years
Seinfeld
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Arrested Development

I like teh funny.

Deadwood
The Wire
The Sopranos
Breaking Bad
hmmmm, I haven't even seen Boardwalk Empire yet but I'm sure it will end up on this list.

night gallery
all in the family
m*a*s*h
miami vice
twin peaks

Black Books
It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia
The Big Bang Theory
The Inbetweeners
Trick Of The Mind

The Simpsons - Consistently great writing, acting and animation (and by that I mean almost every single episode from seasons 2-9 was a classic) for about 8 years, which is unheard of in television. Shows become profitable around the fourth season, when they can be sold into syndication, and the quality usually drops off after that because everyone gets rich and doesn't care any more. The show is bad now, but if they want to drive it into the ground and make more money, that is their right for creating something so great at its peak.

Twin Peaks - It went off the rails after the first season, but that first season was genius. So quirky, great characters, great premise with a terrific MacGuffin. The girl's murder is totally unimportant; it just served as the flash point to draw you ever deeper into an increasingly bizarre world.

Seinfeld - Seinfeld declined halfway through its run (around season 5 or 6 - see above), and really started to suck when Larry David left the show. But during its early days it was weird and funny and original, very unlike the other sitcoms that came before.

Arrested Development - Perfectly cast. Perfectly acted. Shame America prefers crap like Two And A Half Men and The Big Bang Theory.

The Office (US) - I love this show. It took a while to get going and get out from under the shadow of the UK version, but it stood on its own legs for a few seasons and really delivered. Now its in decline, and probably won't last long after Steve Carrell leaves.

The Simpsons.
Seinfeld.
Top Gear.
Criminal Minds.
Friends.

Could think of more but those were the first that came to mind :)

Edit: OH THE IT CROWD. God damn.

Last edited:
Dexter
The Sopranos
The Wire
Prison Break
Arrested Development

The Office (US) - I love this show. It took a while to get going and get out from under the shadow of the UK version, but it stood on its own legs for a few seasons and really delivered. Now its in decline, and probably won't last long after Steve Carrell leaves.

Steve Carrell is possibly my least favourite actor, never funny imo.

The Wonder Years

Consistently underrated show.

Agreed.

The sopranos

Band of brothers

Peep show

Inbetweeners

Family guy

unsure of the order though.