View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Your psychedelic experience.

Phoenix_rising

Bluelighter
How many of you who partake in psychedelics have used them as a tool for healing?

This is an area of medicine that we know is being studied for these specific reasons. Psilocybe mushrooms,5-meo-dmt and MDMA are a few that have the power to heal.

Personally I've had one experience that was very healing and done in a shamanic setting. I was totally blown away by how it worked.

I was someone that had extensive use of psychedelics and knew they were powerful,but never really had healing from them. It was all very typically recreational and in parts did have profound effects on my life. I thought I knew about the psychedelic experience and all it entailed until the day I had them in a shamanic circle/sacred space for a depression that was crippling me and very painful. It was a depression that was life threatening and I knew something had to be done.

The shamanic practitioner was guided to use toad venom on me. Oh boy it worked a treat. I felt the negative energy leave my body and I was surrounded by love,the healing took around 15 minutes and worked better than any psychotherapy I'd ever had.

As I stated earlier that I'd had extensive use of psychedelics and thought I knew everything about them until that day,then I witnessed the true healing powers of this God given medicine.

Have you had experiences like this? And if so how did it heal you and change your life?

Last edited:
LSD saved me from killing myself when i was young adult many times and still does. It is the one thing i will use every month to keep myself from blowing my brains out and give me the will to live on and enjoy life. LSD helped cleanse my soul from all the trauma and pain and allowed myself turn deep hate for the world into love.

DMT and 5meo have really reinforced that god exists and is "unconditional love" or source consciouness. High dose LSD made me finally come to terms with existence and the duality of evil and goodness that makes up reality.

All psychedelics have down subtle changes to my energy field and my physical body. I swear all the LSD made my hair thicker and saved me from baldness.

I cured my teenage depression with marijuana.
I cured my alcoholism with several months of mescaline

I'm not a particularly spiritual person, so neither of those two things were done in a religious or shamanistic context, but I will say that in the case of mescaline, I had previously been very familiar with LSD. I had read that there was anecdotal evidence that mescaline could be used to help addictions, but certainly approached the process with a skeptical mindset. I was genuinely surprised at the kinds of profound thought changes I experienced with that. I tend not to want to glorify substances, but I feel like I am "grateful" for my experiences with mescaline.

LSD has greatly enhanced my life by helping my creative thought processes, specifically in music. It also helped my analytical and critical thinking skills. I've been more able to come up with novel or unique solutions to problems at work, in ways that have been materially and tangibly beneficial to the project. I truly feel that psychedelics have been a positive and constructive force in my life, and have spurred reasoning and creative abilities to degrees that I don't think would have been possible without their use.

Last edited:
Sometimes healing is just blowing some more life into the thing. Some mushrooms don't care what you use them for, they just help you keep the core fire burning. Healing follows from the natural tendencies of the system.

It seems to me that all the usual stuff about set and setting is not always a factor with psychedelics. For example, if I'm feeling depressed and my dopamine levels are low if I decide to take acid, the experience will most likely pull me out on one level or another, that it simply doesn't matter.

Shrooms are a bit different though, I've actually experienced some paranoia and they seem to make me way too antisocial, but I haven't done enough of them yet. So yeah the set and setting is a vital factor when considering shrooms, because of them being more introspective and emotionally challenging.

Acid is a somewhat different game, where being lonely or bored is the worst thing that could happen as far as tripping to me, but I don't believe that this stuff is meant to be enjoyed. It offers you a learning experience, the biggest thing that should be avoided would be taking it out of boredom.

I would still like to learn more about how opiates interact with psychedelics, as I'm probably going to be mixing some into my oncoming psychedelic experiment, if I'm lucky enough to experience it soon.

I have taken my last trip spontaneously on a airplane and it was cathartic and emotionally healing. It has cleansed me of my negativity and resentment towards stuff that's important for a while and made be less apathetic and hard about my life.

If used correctly it can definitely be a great tool for healing depression by giving you an understanding and a clearer insight at the bottom of it.

Now I'm at a point where I feel like I might use some more I think. I kinda need a slap.

Last edited:
I’ve used them “medicinally” for quite a few years now, as well as provide experiences for others.

I can’t stress enough what these substances have done for me, particularly DMT, Mescaline, MDMA, and LSD. These 4 if available to everyone would absolutely change the world for the better.

I’ve also watched amazing things happen for others.. Letting go of past traumas is usually a big one for people during these experiences, and it’s important that they feel safe and loved during those moments of reliving that pain.

Unfortunately though the elitism in this culture is also a BIG problem. It’s always been an issue in the psychedelic community but has reached new heights with thecuse of psychs as medicine. But hopefully we get rid of this with time as the newness wears off..

-GC

I almost only consume psychedelics for healing purposes. At least that's usually my intention before entering the experience. Sometimes it just turns into unorganized crazy fun. But that's cool too! When I was a teenager, trips were 100% recreational and just for fun. But as I got older and battled with anxiety/depression I realized these substances can do wonders to help you out. I think it's important to be able to sort through certain thoughts/situations without your ego making decisions for you. Psychedelics help with that immensely. I always enjoy the visuals but I enjoy the psychological effects even more.

LSD has helped change some of my thought patterns and help me be more positive in general.

DMT has showed me a lot, but unfortunately I struggle to bring much of it back with me when I "return." 🤦‍♂️

Mushrooms are interesting because they make me think about shit that I haven't thought about in years. Some things good, some things bad. I definitely experience more anxiety on shrooms than I do on LSD or DMT. But I'm still able to learn from it without freaking out.

MDMA just makes me feel AMAZING and beyond content in the right set and setting. But I tend to avoid it because I usually get headaches after I come down and feel depressed the next couple days. This may be due to quality/purity though. I suffer from chronic headaches/migraines, so this may also be a factor.

There's many others I have yet to try, but plan to try eventually. I think it's ok to do these drugs "just for fun," but I get so much more out of it than just a good time. Just like @TripSitterNZ said, LSD probably saved me from taking my own life. I was in a very dark place when I had my first LSD trip and that experience changed EVERYTHING. I still have my ups and downs. But the perspective that psychedelics gave me is always with me. And if that perspective ever gets cloudy or I can't figure shit out on my own, the drugs are always there to remind me what I already knew all along :)

LSD saved me from killing myself when i was young adult many times and still does. It is the one thing i will use every month to keep myself from blowing my brains out and give me the will to live on and enjoy life. LSD helped cleanse my soul from all the trauma and pain and allowed myself turn deep hate for the world into love.

DMT and 5meo have really reinforced that god exists and is "unconditional love" or source consciouness. High dose LSD made me finally come to terms with existence and the duality of evil and goodness that makes up reality.

All psychedelics have down subtle changes to my energy field and my physical body. I swear all the LSD made my hair thicker and saved me from baldness.
This might be off topic, but does the colour pink mean anything special to you by any chance?

oddly, my relationship with drugs includes healing but is more of a selfish indulgence that I have inserted into my day to day life.
Physically, the healing is relief from headache, and consolation when housebound (if sick with a cold) - note: frequently I have stayed home and pretended to be sick so that no expectations would interfere with my extra indulgence.
Emotionally there is an instant elevation, as if I had set off a flock of spiritual drones that hover above me, providing continuous telemetry and making the world more interesting. I get to see more which is uplifting.
Psychologically, I understand people around me better, so it is a salve for my relationships.

When I take psychedelics it is not for the healing, it is like reaching for candy, it is more healthy than cocaine, but if that were here I would probably reach for the coke, and wonder about the meaning of having dopamine circuits, and just lose time in the insanity of it until all used up. Psychedelic at least never seems that stupid.

I’ve used them “medicinally” for quite a few years now, as well as provide experiences for others.

I can’t stress enough what these substances have done for me, particularly DMT, Mescaline, MDMA, and LSD. These 4 if available to everyone would absolutely change the world for the better.

I’ve also watched amazing things happen for others.. Letting go of past traumas is usually a big one for people during these experiences, and it’s important that they feel safe and loved during those moments of reliving that pain.

Unfortunately though the elitism in this culture is also a BIG problem. It’s always been an issue in the psychedelic community but has reached new heights with thecuse of psychs as medicine. But hopefully we get rid of this with time as the newness wears off..

-GC

Curious, what do you mean by “elitism”?

Curious, what do you mean by “elitism”?

Well one example would be the people that feel one can only benefit from these medicines by traveling to South America and paying some “shaman” an exorbitant amount of money to sit in a hut with 10 others while they blow tobacco snuff in your nostrils and chant around you.

Very often these “shamans” are actually white folk too... And even if they aren’t, I’ve heard enough stories to know that there is nothing more than profitting of peoples suffering taking place down there.

Most that need the healing can’t afford the 5000$ it takes to make the journey and pay the shaman, yet trustafarians will talk all day about how much more woke they are then you cuz mom and dad could afford it for em.

A true healer will charge little to nothing, they do it because they know the power of their craft. And those that do it for money inheritantly will lose that power as the greed consumes them.

More later tho gotta go :)

-GC

That is true. I have gotten lucky and met somebody who smuggled the aya plants here a while back and was holding sessions free of charge while he was in the country for a few years. Alot of south american countries jumped on the aya band wagon when their cutural has no use of it and their shamans are not shamans but just people making money with no experince with it. Go to a little rural village and a proper shaman in peru will give you a healing session for nearly free if you are friendly and acutally need deep healing.

These forgien tourists ones charging thousands with proper toilets etc so whitey can sit in comfort. Why does the idea of shitting in a hole scare these rich folk so much its just like any other toilet but they will pay thousands of dollars to avoid it lmao.

Im not disputing this at all. But have you heard of a now passed away lady Louise Hay?

W very gifted visionary whose life passing was healing the body via healing the mind and recognising and identify by intuition and dedication the precise links between particular emotional States and physical illness and symptom manifestations. It's really interesting stuff and not wacky quacky.

She has written several books one called you can heal your body and one called you can heal your life and they have tables in them with with virtually every body parts or condition and the associated root cause thought pattern and required necessary positive affirmation to free that energy lock which is causing the physical symptoms or illness.

I'm just looking up baldness now now took interest for us..... but a few random in samples on coming across first;
" influenza- Response to mass negativity and beliefs Fear. Belief in statistics "

"Bladder problems- Anxiety. Holding onto old ideas. Fear of letting go. Being pissed off."

This one is interesting- "Body odor- Feat Dislike of the self. Fear of others"

So you see, "Fear" is such a big partvof all that ails us, in a truly causuative sense.

And this on my own contorversial yet solidly adamant perespective, is another precise and significant reason why we are kept in a culture of fear deliberately apart from generally keeping humanity oppressed and Afraid and unaware of our true spiritual capabilities it keeps us physically sick and so preoccupied by health ailments that we simply can't see the wood for the trees

But that's a separate point entirely Now onto baldness quickly:

(Haha, shot guys Im so stoned and high I just tried to scroll down the page of the book rather than move the tablet and turn the page lol can you believe it?)

Okay baldness- (again) "Fear. Tension trying to control everything not trusting the process of life"

These are the supposedly root emotional or patterns which in many cases had a direct cause of the health issue and it's physical manifestation (real stuff this when you understand and think about it logically it sounds of what we learning about the mind and the body now).

But Louise Hay also gives tye nevessary and antidotal positive affirmmation to work on and make your firm reality, in order to heal that issue.

So for baldness, the positive affirmation is " I am safe. I love and approve of myself. I trust life"

Is interesting stuff anyway my mum has been really passionate about this stuff for years as an ex hippy spiritualist but has gotten many people interested over the years because of how compelling and appropriate it usually proves to be.

Anyway the point is Argos that it is in these sort of sensors at clearing these negative emotional pathways which we are not even aware of most of the time which is having a direct and positive impact on our physical health after we are having healthy and constructive psychedelic trips.

Just my own thoughts and feelings anyway.

Well one example would be the people that feel one can only benefit from these medicines by traveling to South America and paying some “shaman” an exorbitant amount of money to sit in a hut with 10 others while they blow tobacco snuff in your nostrils and chant around you.

Very often these “shamans” are actually white folk too... And even if they aren’t, I’ve heard enough stories to know that there is nothing more than profitting of peoples suffering taking place down there.

Most that need the healing can’t afford the 5000$ it takes to make the journey and pay the shaman, yet trustafarians will talk all day about how much more woke they are then you cuz mom and dad could afford it for em.

A true healer will charge little to nothing, they do it because they know the power of their craft. And those that do it for money inheritantly will lose that power as the greed consumes them.

-GC
A much cheaper option but similarly somewhat preposterous notion to me is these guys on Instagram from Germany:

Basically they will heal you and cleanse you and purify you all of your emotional problems and teach you how to be your higher perfect cell under the influence of 1plsd in a select Retreat location for €700 all visit you privately for even more.

Last edited:
Im not disputing this at all. But have you heard of a now passed away lady Louise Hay?

W very gifted visionary whose life passing was healing the body via healing the mind and recognising and identify by intuition and dedication the precise links between particular emotional States and physical illness and symptom manifestations. It's really interesting stuff and not wacky quacky.

She has written several books one called you can heal your body and one called you can heal your life and they have tables in them with with virtually every body parts or condition and the associated root cause thought pattern and required necessary positive affirmation to free that energy lock which is causing the physical symptoms or illness.

I'm just looking up baldness now now took interest for us..... but a few random in samples on coming across first;
" influenza- Response to mass negativity and beliefs Fear. Belief in statistics "

"Bladder problems- Anxiety. Holding onto old ideas. Fear of letting go. Being pissed off."

This one is interesting- "Body odor- Feat Dislike of the self. Fear of others"

So you see, "Fear" is such a big partvof all that ails us, in a truly causuative sense.

And this on my own contorversial yet solidly adamant perespective, is another precise and significant reason why we are kept in a culture of fear deliberately apart from generally keeping humanity oppressed and Afraid and unaware of our true spiritual capabilities it keeps us physically sick and so preoccupied by health ailments that we simply can't see the wood for the trees

But that's a separate point entirely Now onto baldness quickly:

(Haha, shot guys Im so stoned and high I just tried to scroll down the page of the book rather than move the tablet and turn the page lol can you believe it?)

Okay baldness- (again) "Fear. Tension trying to control everything not trusting the process of life"

These are the supposedly root emotional or patterns which in many cases had a direct cause of the health issue and it's physical manifestation (real stuff this when you understand and think about it logically it sounds of what we learning about the mind and the body now).

But Louise Hay also gives tye nevessary and antidotal positive affirmmation to work on and make your firm reality, in order to heal that issue.

So for baldness, the positive affirmation is " I am safe. I love and approve of myself. I trust life"

Is interesting stuff anyway my mum has been really passionate about this stuff for years as an ex hippy spiritualist but has gotten many people interested over the years because of how compelling and appropriate it usually proves to be.

Anyway the point is Argos that it is in these sort of sensors at clearing these negative emotional pathways which we are not even aware of most of the time which is having a direct and positive impact on our physical health after we are having healthy and constructive psychedelic trips.

Just my own thoughts and feelings anyway.

I'd buy that as a set of valid correlations, but for declaring root causes one needs to go into the mechanics of it. Correlation can also imply causation in the opposite direction, there can be mediating factors undeservedly omitted, or, most importantly, confounder factors, a concept C causing A and B to coincide, rendering causation between them more of an illusion. It's parsing narrative into a catenary model after all, cut a corner too many and you get into awkward situations like victim blaming, or somewhere else on a spectrum of insults.

It looks contradictory as well to include "belief in statistics" in a list of correlations, which are statistical measurements after all, whether formally mathematical or intuited. Observing rampant abuse of statistics is one of the reasons I dropped out of psychology, so I get what is meant. But in its basic sense statistics is just the way we deal with models depending on a large number of variables. The problem is becoming all too readily beguiled by them to the point where misplaced concreteness occurs, which is a loss of intellectual flexibility indeed not entirely unlike the stupor of belief systems.

Observing rampant abuse of statistics is one of the reasons I dropped out of psychology, so I get what is meant. But in its basic sense statistics is just the way we deal with models depending on a large number of variables.

I was reading about a big shakeup that happened recently in the field of psychology where psychologists started trying to replicate hundreds and hundreds of core studies, the ones that get cited all the time and have established a lot of the "knowns" about psychology. It turns out that a huge percentage of them could not be replicated and that their findings were basically bunk, junk science. This includes a lot of stuff that has seeped into pop psychology, and has now become "common knowledge". Anyways, apparently the field is having a reckoning with this, it's been a real wakeup call to the field.

The problem is not solely with psychology, many scientific fields will have lurking rot that they've built up on, it's just that psychology has been brave enough to look in the closet.

Some fields, like physics, have such a high standard for findings, that their foundations are very solid. To be fair, a field like physics is a lot more deterministic than psychology, and it's a lot easier to be certain about things.

Physics has been having its own problems, kinda similar in the sense that people putting together the broader picture have been systematically shunned, kinda dissimilar in the sense that in psychology it's the scientific method itself - at least as currently outlined - that has been bumping upon some limits. In physics there indeed isn't the same replication crisis as in psychology, it's really just how the models sociologically interface with philosophy, and other institutions/disciplines in general.

I've been getting a lot of flack as a shameless dropout. But sometimes the dropout is the whistle-blower. Edward Snowden dropped out of the intelligence community, but he had bloody good reasons to do so. All respect to those who manage to keep aiming for solving systemic issues through continuing to work within said system. But that's not the only kind of appropriate action. Regarding everyone else as filthy rats leaving the precious ship that shall not be admitted to be sinking because it is our ship our pride and our dignity, have their goddamn heads way too far up their hopium national american space agency asses. The engineering mind inherently despises philosophy, yet it's taking this histomorphological step back that enables insight into exactly why the tried and true method of scientific contingency creation doesn't quite equate truth in the realm of consciousness study, the complexity of which transcends the lego realms of engineering and pre-quantum science.

Sometimes healing is just blowing some more life into the thing. Some mushrooms don't care what you use them for, they just help you keep the core fire burning. Healing follows from the natural tendencies of the system.

I can see what your saying as I believed the same. To a degree you're right. The plant or synthetic material will have profound effects on consciousness and will do what it will,it heals in ways you're not always aware of.

Taking psychedelics in a ceremonial way with a guide who knows what they're doing will unlock the full potential of whatever psychedelic you use. I'm trying to think of an analogy,but am not very good at it...Let me have a go.

You've got a car that goes well,but the performance is just not up to scratch so you go to a petrol station and buy some fuel additive thinking this will do the job and the car will perform better than new. At first it seems to work and it races along,but the shock absorbers are under pressure from the new speed and the ride becomes uncomfortable. The engine splutters and performance starts to drop again. You realise that trying to fix the problem yourself with an additive doesn't help in the longterm and reveals other problems with the vehicle. You decide to take your car to a qualified mechanic,he talks you through everything that needs doing. The mechanic shows you what additive works best for your vehicle,what shock absorbers work best,finally he remaps the engine.

You drive out of the workshop in a vehicle you love,it performs better than when it came out of the factory,everything flows smoothly and your happy to be seen out and about in. It feels like a new car.

I hope you like the analogy.

Last edited:

-GC

It is a shame that there is a elitist type of mentality with some of them and there are definitely charlatans too.

Some of them do it for power and create for all intents and purposes a cult,where they have the sacred knowledge and therefore are the special ones. I've seen "shamans" who have egoes the size of the universe,which is contrary to the teachings.

That all being said there is a culture in south America that has used psychedelics from time immemorial. Real shamans who practice with great integrity do have a knowledge that has been passed down for thousands of years. Who better to guide you with your psychedelic healing?

Unfortunately many have jumped on the band wagon and see dollars instead of spirit. Where the old world meets the new they're being corrupted by money and power so the face of shamanism is changing for the worse.

If you can find a genuine shaman who has lineage or who has been taught by one you'll see what healing really is.