Your Productions Go Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Negative said:
This is a weird, grimey garage cover version of Rage Against The Machine's Take the Power Back that was done by me and the_witchdoctor . . . he did the drums, I did the vocals, the rest of the sounds and the mix down . . . its just a rough draft, but I think its alright . . . comments?

Take The Power Back

Lofi Play
Hifi Play
Download

you need to rough up the drums.. they sound way too dry and straight outta a drum machine. nice dark atmospheres. listening on shit speakers right now so cant give much on the mixdown though i'd mix all the atmospheres up a bit perhaps throw some tasteful compression on some elements as it sounds like most of them are uncompressed. im kinda a compression whore though hehe but if you do it right it can make each element stand out a lot more as they're kinda faint right now. some light reverb and compression on the drums will give them a lot more fluid and realistic sound

nice track layout just work on the mix
14.gif

Last edited:
this is basically a culmination of my work over the past year in terms of music production, and my first attempt at an atist album...mixed together into one set using live 4...hope you guys dig, feel free to post whatever feedback you want about separate compositions on the mix or the mix as a whole....i posted this on GU but figured it would be up your alley as well, so why not share with everyone Smile

hydra---illusions
tracklist:
1. Auto-Sequence Intro
2. Da Real Thing
3. The Next Day
4. Truth or Dare
5. Bridge the Gap
6. View from the Prism
7. Deviate
8. Somewhere Close
9. Lucid Dreams
10. Sequence Flow

link to download
http://music.globalbeatz.net/dj-mix-mp3/5574
username: proghouse99
password: proghouse99

enjoy, feedback always welcome

Last edited by hydra on Fri May 27, 2005 11:55 am; edited 3 times in total

Music.

Relationship drama sure is one hell of a catalyst for creativity. Or maybe its the amphetamines and weed. Regardless just ignore the angsy rants. I have to get it out of my system somehow. :) Anyway, everything up right now is either remastered or completely new.

As always, feedback is much appreciated.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/0/allthatis_music.htm

Another instrumental probably too strange for an MC (a normal MC anyways) but just a bit too normal and banal to stand on its own . . . not sure, let me know what you think . . .

Anxiety (Blues)

LoFi Play
HiFi Play
Download

HydrA said:
this is basically a culmination of my work over the past year in terms of music production, and my first attempt at an atist album...mixed together into one set using live 4...hope you guys dig, feel free to post whatever feedback you want about separate compositions on the mix or the mix as a whole....i posted this on GU but figured it would be up your alley as well, so why not share with everyone Smile

hydra---illusions
tracklist:
1. Auto-Sequence Intro
2. Da Real Thing
3. The Next Day
4. Truth or Dare
5. Bridge the Gap
6. View from the Prism
7. Deviate
8. Somewhere Close
9. Lucid Dreams
10. Sequence Flow

link to download
http://music.globalbeatz.net/dj-mix-mp3/5574
username: proghouse99
password: proghouse99

enjoy, feedback always welcome

Last edited by hydra on Fri May 27, 2005 11:55 am; edited 3 times in total

Any of y'all that haven't downloaded this mix need to . . . I don't even listen to much of this style, but mad respect, held my attention the full way through. :) Very nicely done.

Re: Music.

Aliens_99 said:
Relationship drama sure is one hell of a catalyst for creativity. Or maybe its the amphetamines and weed. Regardless just ignore the angsy rants. I have to get it out of my system somehow. :) Anyway, everything up right now is either remastered or completely new.

As always, feedback is much appreciated.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/0/allthatis_music.htm

I'm not really all that good with ambient so I listened to the beats track . . .

As History Repeats . . . I really like the piano/keys work . . . the synth strings are nice . . . I think your bass line is nice, a bit too loud IMO . . . but nice . . . . I would have really liked to have heard some hat work on this . . . . the snare rolls are pretty nice . . . . on point . . . . this meant to stand alone or for an MC . . . I could honestly see an MC on this . . . not bad at all . . . I would, however, have liked to heard more changeups in it . . . I'm pretty guilty of that one myself, too . . . and if it was meant to have an MC, that wouldn't be an issue, but if its stand alone material, I'd like to hear more variation . . . great start though, for real. :)

master_hairahcaz said:
baconhanger

you want some real twisted shit? check this out

Man, N2O is fucking nice, dude . . . a bit strange, not ANYTHING I'd expect from someone fucking with that particular track . . . very nice . . . the slowdown at the end fucking OWNS . . . I don't like how short it is, but I know that that is how a lot of this style of music is . . . all punk energy and all . . . . I'd just like it to be a bit more drawn out, but interesting as hell . . .

Rasclatt said:
A yet to be completed track for you to cast your ears upon, tell me what you think, the intro will be changed don't worry =D.

Time ruins Everything

Hmmm . . . I really like the percussion at the start . . . but that rising whirlwind synth has got to be changed or sent packing . . . just my opinion though . . . the bass is not bad . . . and the synth effects, the crazy stutters, those are pretty badass . . . at this point, though, being such a fast paced nu skool breaks track, I would like to hear more going on . . . to fast paced and crazy of a genre for so much non movement . . . your drum cuts at two minutes and after need smoothed up . . . when your drum patterns drop to beatless ambience, they seem too un natural . . . but on a side note, I fucking LOVED where this track was starting to go at two minutes +, even with the cleanup needed on those beat drops, but then you brought back that very beginning synth, which, I"m sorry, but it just grates on my last nerve . . . IMO, find something else to replace that synth and clean up your drum patterns, make em more natural, maybe use some quantizing, and you have the makings of a fine nu skool banger, IMO . . .

Thaddeus

Re: Listen to my new Jungle tune...

AleFillman1 said:
It's called "In The Dark". Gimme me some feedback on this shizzle. I used some cool Star Wars samples in there. See if you can pick them out. Here is a direct link:

http://www.bloodyknucklez.com/music/in_the_dark.mp3

You can hear all my music at:
http://www.bloodyknucklez.com/music.htm

-Ale Fillman

I really like how this starts out . . . not enough dnb nowadays is like this . . . I'm really diggin the keylines . . . and SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTT, those key switchups at like a minute in and like every 64 after that are BADASS . . . the first breakdown comes in pretty effortlessly . . . nice vocal sample effect . . . man, I'm liking this more and more as it goes on . . . very nice work . . . I want a little more kick in your bassdrum and your bassline isn't deep enough or shred tearing enough for me, for this style dnb, IMO . . . I'd get the bass a little more rugged, something that just rips the track apart a little more . . . and bring the kicks up in the mix and throw a compressor on them shits . . . as this is pulling in at five minutes already, I"m really hoping it continues to not disappoint and offers something a bit more to justify the nine minute length . . .

. . . okay, the second breakdown at five minutes deep . . . its pretty damned good, too, but again . . . I'm not sure if this couldn't be shortened, the entire track brought down to six, seven tops, it IS drum and bass, not trance . . .

. . . the other keywork you switched to here, though, is dope as hell . . . honestly, if I were dropping some time off of this, I wouldn't be taking out any element I've heard so far, just cutting some of their airtime out . . . the actual work and programming is pretty badass, IMO, like I've said, my only real qualm is the length . . . keep up the good work mang! :)

Cheers for the comments negative :D Yea those noises at the beginning were supposed ot be bird noises but the original sample was such bad quality that it defo needs to changed.

~*TomFo0Lery*~ said:
N e bodi here kno where to download Reason 3.0 cuzz I'm gettin tired of the same old ish with 1.0 -n- need sum new materials to work with. I've searched on p2p's but really can't find a legit file as well as the soundbank. If n e bodi got a link, holla @ me. AIM : Jean Dough, E-mail : [email protected]

8)

OMG, I HAVE T3H H0TZ0RZ CR4X!!!!! FW00T L00PZ, R34Z0NZ0RZ, 4C1D W7F?!?!? C4LL N0W!!!!

Man . . . I was always under the impression that you needed to REVIEW other peoples music before getting any for your own tracks . . . eSPECIALLY when its your first post and all . . .

dj_esky said:
tell me what u think of my collection at www.mp3.com.au/djesky

Well . . . hardcore really isn't my steez . . . but lets see here . . .

. . . .the drums are kind of getting to me, in a bad way, making me feel paranoid . . . they've been done well on a technical level . . . but like I said, this just isn't my steez . . . I DO really dig that breakdown about one minute in . . . is that throaty tribal drum sample from Encino Man? . . . I really like that metallic synth, too, I just wish it was on a 4/4 pounding techno track a bit slower, 140 maybe . . . but again, just personal preference there . . . are there really this few changeups in the meat or body of a track like this in hardcore? Overall, I think this was mixed alright . . . I personally would have doubled up on the kick drums, give it a little more 'ooommph,' espECIALly with a this style . . . I think you may wanna go through the track and EQ everything . . . separate the frequencies, get every little sound out to the forefront which, I assume it is, at least to an extent . . .

. . . on the whole, for the style, I think it works . . . great throaty rhythm sample . . , pretty decent general separation of sound and whatnot right now, but it could be done a bit better, sharpen up your hats/cymbols, make those kicks deeper/more powerful and bring that deep gritty keyline to the forefront mang. :)

Thaddeus

Status
Not open for further replies.