• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

your perfect opioid detox prescription

stefx85

Bluelighter
Except for subutex what's the best script to get from a doctor for opioid detox?
So far I have thought of the following:

1.Valuim 10mg x30
Or x30 1mg xanax
2. Clonodine
3. Loperamide
4. Dulcolax
5. 20x Zolpidem/clone

I figured sleeping through the ct's would be easiest? What do you think?

I have pretty much almost the same list as u but once it starts and you feel you can do it you might start tricking yourself into doing a little bit of any opiate idk when I'm sick and so benzod out or clonodined out I feel careless but it does help if nothing around is a choice. My problem isn't a connect my problem is money and as soon as I start progressing I get 20$ and you get the point . But wonder where ur at now what's with your status ?

Preferably a long and short acting benzodiazepine. Gabapentin first and Lyrica second. Those two might as well be tied. I know the point is detox, but possibly a step down opiate to kinda sorta taper in the middle of it. That wouldn't be caving in, but more like only if it became necessary. So if I was detoxing off Oxymorphone and Percocet, this part is ONLY an example, but when I finally do a full detox, I'll probably use Clonazepam, Tramadol and Lyrica in the transitional faze. I will keep lowering those doses, until I'm comfortable.

short acting opiate taper.

bring on the 3 daily pethidine shots doctor ( aq mate detoxed this way he says it was painless his dad was a doctor and administered the shots)

I've withdrawaled many times with many different aids. In-patient and doctor facilitated withdrawal at home was made EASY with:

Phenobarbital
Clonidine
Loperamide
Ropinirole

In the past, i've usually used a strong benzo (2mg alprazolam) in place of the pheno, as I only know one doctor that will give it to you for at-home withdrawal (he's an old Dead Head, not surprising).

Without the pheno or a benzo, I'm doomed to fail before I enter the hell of PAWS.

I'm opiate-free almost 2 months now (longest time in 5 years) from 500+ oxycodone a day, plus typically 32mg hydromorphone as well. I'm somehow still sober and, even more surprising, no longer forging prescriptions (thank god the doctor whose name I forged just wanted to see me get off opiods and didn't press charges).

Did the in-patient detox in the beginning of October 2015. I'd recommend it to anyone who can access it w/ isurance or has the money to pay

If I had to choose from stuff that's easy to get from a doctor or is OTC:

Clonidine (BP med; very important!)
Loperamide (for the GI nightmare)
Ropinirole (stops violent leg kicking)
Quetiapine (sleep)
Trazadone (sleep)
Methocarbamol (muscle aches/spasm) Gabapentin (anxiety)
Lyrica (anxiety, sleep, mood)
Carbamazepine (mood stabilization)

I personally got nothing out of the Trazadone, but some people seem to be scared of Quetiapine due to it being an anti-psychotic; I mean, it's really is an atypical AP, and in doses of 25mg-100mg, I have never experienced weight gain, akathisia, tics, dyskenisia, etc. Though, for the sake of harm-reduction, use discretion and research. Methocarbamol seems to help a little with the muscle aches and paina. Gabapentin never did a thing for me, Lyrica is way better (read: way more pontent).

Hopefully someone got some useful information from my post/short-novel.

EDIT: if Pregabalin (Lyrica) is chosen over Gabapentin (Neurontin), one should be aware that it is a Schedule V drug in the U.S. with abuse and addiction potential, and "liking" for the drug, according to at least one study, may be increased by previous or current opiate/opioid use. I have a research article ("Pregabalin abuse among opiate addicted patients," by Grosshans et al.; European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 2013, 69:2021-2025) to share if anyone is interested... I actually have quite a few pregabalin studies in general.

The addictive qualities of PHENOBARBITAL and ALPRAZOLAM speak for themselves (hopefully...)

Last edited:
Gabapentin and loperamide - truly all I've need to come off some pretty large habits in the past.

Gabapentin, doses in 200-400mg increments throughout the day, at a total daily dose of 2000-2400mg, gets rid of 90% of the withdrawal symptoms - the mental aspect is gone, the deep and horrible aches and pains, the runny nose, the nausea, the sneezing - all gone.

All that remains is stomach cramping and diarrhea, which is easily handled with 8-10mg of loperamide.

If my habit was REALLY bad, a small dose benzo (say, .5 lorazepam) before bed for insomnia too.

That's it - I have no idea why gabapentin works so well for my withdrawal symptoms, but it truly does.