• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Your ideas? I vape 1 gram a day. Should I switch to cannabis?

xxsicknessxx

Bluelighter
Switch from paying 30-35 a gram. I vape the gram a day. I have limited myself to a half gram a day. Would it make sense to change from vaping to smoking? I'm only concerned about money. Would cannabis be cheaper. Club sells 8/ths from 20-60 bucks. But I just can't figure this out on my own I don't think, I've asked the club but they always give me a funny face. How hard is this for others you do? Let's say gram if vape is 30 let's say a eighth is 30 just to make it easy. Which is more weed? Which lasts longer for you?
My heads fucked right now. My doctor thinks it's brain damage from a truck accident when I was crossing the street and the guy missed the 6"3got crossing the street in the middle of the day I was just reaching the side walk and safty. Yikes. I had a injury to my brain, my skull was removed and put back. I'm only telling you this because I can't figure this out I need help. Just to add my blood tests have been low for a couple years at lest too. So my memory issues could be explained away as low blood counts, low copper, im anemic bla, bla I got me lots of problems. I worry sometimes in vaping wrong like not taking it deep enough to get high or not holding it in long enough or to long. But I don't think it's normal the things I worry about. But I just want to smoke weed and be happy but pets getting harder and harder my life's getting so difficult. Sigh. Oh well. I'll live for now. Why not. Keep trying. 😁👍 Let me know your thoughts. I didn't vape yet today, I wait until ten at least but do you vape get high stop? Or vape all day long? Should I save it until later on the day?
Is it also normal to feel weeds not working because you're really a crystal meth addict who's been sober almost two years but is slowly wondering if that's the right answer... Because of I feel bad and getting better will take years and weed doesn't work because I vape to much 30$a day is too much but if I vape less I can only vape at the end of the day.. I was going to put this in the dark side because I'm really depressed right now. But I assume it's all tied to my health and maybe when I'm better ill feel better. Maybe. Plus I can always find a nice place to jump off of in sf no one could ever stop me. So at lest I got choices right? Kidding. Kidding. But I could use a helpful answer
Thanks.

P. S my dad thinks I'm pretending about any of my problems and that I don't need weed he Terry's hard to control me and it sucks he's got my money from a money I got back after the accident. It's for me because I'm fucked for life to bring me happyness I don't see a problem using that money to feel better with weed. But I'm going on a tangent. So I'm stopping. Thanks.

A gram of concentrate vs an 8th? Really depends.

I personally could make the gram of concentrate last longer but the highs won’t be nearly as good, I always feel something is missing with just that alone.

I personally keep it to mostly flower for this reason. Medically it works much better IMO, but everyone’s different. My buddy who’s fought leukemia loves concentrates over flower.

-GC

Yea I wonder sometimes if I smoke weed to just be a temporary fool in for meth until I go back to doing it again, and the best thing I could do is quit. Weed first before the resistance to meth flees s a result of vaping.

you won't feel anything from normal cannabis lol. get a source for like $250-300 an oz oil and dab it (reguarly avaialble in usa)

you won't feel anything from normal cannabis lol. get a source for like $250-300 an oz oil and dab it (reguarly avaialble in usa)

100% agree.

if OP does switch to flower, it's going to be a bit of a rough road while he waits to let his tolerance fall. Might end up spending way more in the beginning than initially planned.

BUT

I personally prefer flower to extracts. I like them both, but flower's my preference. OP could also look into dry herb vapes, but with his tolerance at the point of a gram of oil/day he likely won't feel a damn thing and think convection vapes are useless. Thing is, though, 3.5g of flower would last me much longer using my pax3 then a gram of oil in a cartridge would last me. It's super easy for me to just keep puffin' away on a cart' until I find myself lying down and passing out somewhere.

Could also look into the cost efficacy of purchasing flower and making extracts yourself. I don't know if that's an economically viable route but it might be worth looking into.

i prefer it too, but after a while on extracts it wont matter. will need a long break without. i could imagine it taking over a year to adjust to 'baseline' without some abstinence in between. personally, i prefer bubble hash/normal hash (~50% maximum thc but over 30%)

i prefer it too, but after a while on extracts it wont matter. will need a long break without. i could imagine it taking over a year to adjust to 'baseline' without some abstinence in between. personally, i prefer bubble hash/normal hash (~50% maximum thc but over 30%)

ughhhhh I haven't seen regular old hash in so long, man.... probably close to a decade...

but I can't blame you for that, I honestly think I'm in the same boat. I used to love putting a few crumbles onto the smallest bit of weed needed to cover the intake in a bubbler and getting so stoned off of the tiniest amounts.

ughhhhh I haven't seen regular old hash in so long, man.... probably close to a decade...

but I can't blame you for that, I honestly think I'm in the same boat. I used to love putting a few crumbles onto the smallest bit of weed needed to cover the intake in a bubbler and getting so stoned off of the tiniest amounts.
many dispensaries (1/30) and dark net vendors (1/75, once and a while) carry "bubble hash" or "iso hash" - tho not as many as i'd like especically dispensairses!!

many dispensaries (1/30) and dark net vendors (1/75, once and a while) carry "bubble hash" or "iso hash" - tho not as many as i'd like especically dispensairses!!

I can't get a medical card. It would disqualify me from my job if they were to find out (I'm not sure if they could but I feel like it's a possibility) and my state's still not legal. Until VA opens up for business I'd have to drive several hundred miles and across a couple states to get to the closest rec store. I honestly wish DC had a bunch of storefronts, and they occasionally pop up from what I hear, but most everything I find in the Capital is delivery-based and they won't service outside the city limits. Doesn't feel right pullin' up to a McDonalds in the city and waiting for a weed man to roll up on a bike to hand me an ounce out of his courier bag, and plus the whole gifting loophole is just stupid.

*shit I didn't even see the dark net thing. I've always toyed with that idea but just never went through the trouble to learn how to safely navigate the onions. Might be time for me to finally do that.

Last edited:
either way, with that kind of tolerance, you're just wasting your money, doesn't matter if you're smoking weed or concentrate.

if you work on lowering your intake, you will soon see that smaller doses will give you the same benefit as the amount you do now. and your mind will thank you too I suppose ;)

also, if you feel depressed, using less might help you with that. cannabis and depression doesn't mix well for many people, me included.

Cannabis smoke contains the same kind of cancer-causing chemicals as cigarette smoke. Also it can cause visible and microscopic injury to the large airways that is consistently associated with an increased likelihood of symptoms of chronic bronchitis. But vaping seems to be much more harmless compared to cigarettes or weed. The heated vapor renders balanced nicotine, that doesn’t let you get too high and prevents one from addictive issues.

I think switching to cannabis will make your life a little more difficult. Firstly, you'll have to think about stores in the zones where it's legalized. Secondly, you'll smell like cannabis smokers. I don't think your friends or relatives will appreciate this metamorphosis. We all know that the smell of any fruit E juice is much more pleasant than cigarette smoke. Many vape users use vapes since they don't like the strong addiction to tobacco and tobacco smoke. Also, many switched to vaping because of the unpleasant smell of clothes at home and yellow fingers on their hands. If you switch to cannabis, you'll reset your efforts to get rid of cigarette addiction.

Last edited:
I get more high off a joint then i do with shatter and been smoking both since school and i'm now in my 40's. The flower gets me way higher then concentrates .

If you just like the ritual of smoking and that's why you vape so much concentrate then yeah you might find yourself lowering your cannabinoid intake and money spent by switching to smoking flowers

I've never liked dabbing much.

Smoking high grade 25%+ THC strains was more than enough to reproduce the effects of concentrates with the added benefit of a more well rounded high and taste.

There are various lesser psychoactive cannabinoids that are produced when combusting flower that concentrates don't share.

And on another note, I also prefer just being able to puff on a joint for awhile without getting super blasted. I like the relaxing aspect of cannabis, not it's psychedelic narcotic like high people seem to chase after.

I've never liked dabbing much.

Smoking high grade 25%+ THC strains was more than enough to reproduce the effects of concentrates with the added benefit of a more well rounded high and taste.

There are various lesser psychoactive cannabinoids that are produced when combusting flower that concentrates don't share.

And on another note, I also prefer just being able to puff on a joint for awhile without getting super blasted. I like the relaxing aspect of cannabis, not it's psychedelic narcotic like high people seem to chase after.
Yeah people want a psychedelic alcohol replacement and they'll be damned if they can't force cannabis to produce that for them via selective breeding

It kinda worked, modern indoor cannabis flowers are almost like a dissociative, it feels like gravity is warped and you are drunk. Don't get me wrong, it's awesome, but there's a lot that's left to be desired compared the the much more nuanced experience of that more naturally produced cannabis can provide

I'm in British Columbia Canada and weed is super cheap and available. I have some rosin and shatter around and use them occasionally. I always have lots of weed and different strains so that's my daily. I find concentrates just fuck up my tolerance so sparingly is the way I use them. As others have mentioned it will take a while to get used to it.