• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Your fiendishness vs your kids on drugs

Awe thanks, I do my best ! I feel like the parents that are super strict and tell kids just to say no , end up with kids that go crazy with partying when they can and do stupid things .

Definitely. Parents were always fine with me having a drink now and then so I never thought that was a big deal but I was told some stupid shit like dealers might sell me weed with rat poison in it. Safe to say when I became an adult and realised what bullshit this was I started boshing all sorts of drugs like mad at uni.

I gave my cat some nip the other day because he wouldn't let me smoke pot in peace, and now he's a junkie.

Catnip. NOT EVEN ONCE.

CATNIP: JUST SAY NO!

I tell you what though in all seriousness, those Dreamies things are legitimately cat crack.

My son is 9 and has mild autism. I try to educate him the best I can about the world of drugs and hope it gives him the knowledge to make informed decisions when he gets older.

I'm a realist and understand that people experiment. I know drugs aren't going to go away, but I really don't want my boy to go through what I have and to limit his life by making it over complicated using drugs,especially as he's vulnerable anyway.

Is 9 too young? I don't think so. I believe as soon as they can ask questions and understand the answers then that's the right time. I also don't believe it hypocritical to warn about the dangers and pitfalls of using drugs when doing it yourself,who better qualified to do so?

Peace out and shine on.

There's an increasing body of research which shows that medically supervised MDMA and psychedelics can greatly help adults with autism and it's likely that by the time he's an adult this treatment will be much more accessible. Possibly an interesting thing to look into.

Awe thanks, I do my best ! I feel like the parents that are super strict and tell kids just to say no , end up with kids that go crazy with partying when they can and do stupid things .

So true!! I've seen it time and time again. Very good observation.

After posting this thread my kid found my drug taking paraphanalia while tossing my room to find money for his own weed and pills habit. At that point I admitted I had busted after years of sobriety and suggested we both go to (separate) rehab - more for him than me since I was sure I could recover with cold turkey and willpower. Sadly my credibility was shot and he decided to leave home for a while rather than live with a "methhead junkie" as he put it - claimed he felt unsafe given the potential for meth-rage he had read about.

Needless to say, the deep grief and remorse I felt at this situation did not help my recovery or sobriety and it made my hole only deeper for some time. Now he is adrift in the world somewhere with his own growing habit and Iack the credibility to provide him guidance.

In retrospect, I should have admitted I had a problem much sooner and been transparent about it with everyone in the family while seeking professional help (if only as a sign of my good faith in recovering).