Mental Health Your favourite ADHD drug

plumbus-nine

Bluelighter
What are your experiences how drugs influence ADHD?

So far I'd say prolintane, isopropylphenidate and maybe low dose meth are the best ones. and the first two are pretty benign about rebound. Better than MPH for sure. Just that I can't get them right here & now.. so anybody knowing a good medicine for ADHD which is readily available? Bupropion sucks, so atomoxetine will too. Is adderall really better than plain dexamphetamine?

In terms of efficacy, dextroamphetamine sort of sets the bar. Adderall can be good if you lack motivation as well as concentration. Dextroamphetamine produces a sharper focus however.

In terms of RC's i think 4f-mph is pretty good. I much prefer methylphenidate but that is largely because I find it many times more abusable (by a multiple of maybe 5x). For illustration purposes, 4F-MPH is to methylphenidate as 2-FMA is methamphetamine in terms abuse potential, with the halogenated versions being significantly less abusable. Isopropylphenidate was ok too, but felt too much like pure DRI with little adrenergic activity, which really is necessary is an ADHD medication.

Cyclazodone and n-methylcyclazodone would make good ADHD medications, especially the former. I didn't have good experiences with prolintane but then again the doses I took were too high to be therapeutic.

One oddball RC stimulant that I found to have good for ADHD was the cathinone a-PCYP (essentially an analog of the notorious bath salt a-PVP, aka flakka). At low doses, 30mg or less, it was suprisingly effective. It did produce this weird awkwardness for the first 30 minutes or so.

Adderall is better than dex for ADHD, basically on all levels. Some think that dex may have a lesser side effect profile. That's really the only thing I cna think of now. Of course, vyvanse is safer than adderall because it slowly turns into dex over a long period of time, so as to not be as abusable.

Hopefully I'll get a script tomorrow for either Vyvanse (lisdexamph) or Adderall. It's crazy how much of a difference these stims make when it comes to concentrating to boring topics etc.

Yeah, 4-MPH might be good, never had that one and here in MX I can't import research chemicals for the moment at least, need find the right person who could aid/guide me how to bribe etc - it's certainly possible because here is a domestic re-seller of nootropics and stims, seriously overpriced but it exists so it must be possible to import the goods somehow.

Indeed I liked alpha-PVP and prolintane as the desbetaketon variant was very nice too. Meth gives me too much of a depressive hangover maybe because the body/brain can't regenerate over night when the amp is still active.

I prefer dexedrine myself. It seems to work the best with the least side effects. although adderall is effective too. I'm currently taking vyvanse which works pretty well. I'm on a fairly low dose while my doctor titrates it up, but it's been working good so far for the most part. I feel a hell of a lot better than I did before.

Vyvanse. Took it for about three weeks every other day. That's how I finally, truely, realized that I have ADHD. Sucks I can't get more.

No script so far, but some RC stimulants on their way to my lab. Let's see how this goes.

Adderall is better than dex for ADHD, basically on all levels.
Spent over a year on Adderall, 6 months on Vyvanse, and now several months on Dexedrine. I gotta say that Dexedrine IR is the best by far. Greatest efficacy and least side effects by a mile. Only downside is having to dose every ~4-5 hours.

Adderalls too abuseable, therefore vyvanse.
Based on my personal experience, I would argue that Adderall (XR, not IR obviously as that can easily be insufflated) is only marginally more abusable than Vyvanse. With most of said margin simply being due to the fact that Adderall is just more pleasant and effective than Vyvanse.

Can I see the reviews you are referring to ?
They are scattered over the net, some here on BL, but what I found quickly was this: Atomoxetine for adult ADHD: the harms outweigh the benefits, according to new systematic review. The related drug reboxetine has been withdrawn from the market as an antidepressive because it had risks but little therapeutic value. Atomoxetine is additionally a NMDA antagonist which probably makes up for its slightly higher therapeutic success.

I personally didn't react too good to bupropion (arguably mostly a selective NRI due to it serving as a prodrug to hydroxybupropion) as well, so I'm extrapolating from that ..

They are scattered over the net, some here on BL, but what I found quickly was this: Atomoxetine for adult ADHD: the harms outweigh the benefits, according to new systematic review. The related drug reboxetine has been withdrawn from the market as an antidepressive because it had risks but little therapeutic value. Atomoxetine is additionally a NMDA antagonist which probably makes up for its slightly higher therapeutic success.

I personally didn't react too good to bupropion (arguably mostly a selective NRI due to it serving as a prodrug to hydroxybupropion) as well, so I'm extrapolating from that ..
The thing with atomoxetine is that it doesn't work like a regular stimulant. After a while you shouldn't even really notice it anymore. There's no comedown, although it does lose its effectiveness towards the end of the day, there is no apparent behavioral impact apart from less ADHD symptoms. I think since it's not like the magical solution that stims seem at first, it's just not very popular and people are too quick to judge and don't entirely notice that it's working.
That said, I'm not disputing that it doesn't work very well for some people. But for a substantial amount of ADHD'ers it actually should. I recently tried not taking it for a couple of days and the difference was massive and it has really helped me. When I actually have to work, program, write whatever, I take methylphenidate on top. Otherwise I take atomoxetine every day and I much prefer it to fully sober.

It's really worth a shot for people with ADHD imo, if you can get it at a reasonable price, it's very expensive in some countries. I really hate having to take stimulants every day, so if I can get by with like 60-70% of the way that atomoxetine provides, I'll do that.

Atomoxetine has also worked well for me. I found that when I was prescribed methylphenidate, the balance between tolerance & other side effects vs desired effects tipped in the wrong direction quickly - before long the doses of Concerta I needed to be on to function were so high that I felt a lot more anxious. Speaking to a few ADHD friends lately, 54mg of XR seems to be the max most can handle (myself included) before it starts to make them jittery, even those with some degree of stimulant tolerance though admittedly all of them seem to be infrequent or ex-users of stimulants in general.

It was rough adjusting to each increase up to a maintenance dose, I felt so fatigued I had to take it in the evening or I'd be napping in the middle of the day which isn't really like me, it's usually hard to actually get myself to go to sleep. That said, since adjusting to the dose for a while I've returned back to my default sleep deprived state, it's not really helped with that side of things in the longer term. I wonder if that's part of the reason people are put off by it at first, it takes a while to adjust to it and you have to be very consistent in taking it every day at pretty much the same time to get the most out of it in my experience.

What it does help me with is concentration and mood management. I find that the same as Buzz, not taking it for a couple of days makes a huge difference to me. If I take it reliably and my body is adjusted to it I find myself being better able to manage my life (not perfect!) Something else I've noticed is that it helps me quite a lot with managing cravings for hard drugs. I struggled a lot with addiction and managing impulses to buy dissociatives, opioids and benzos, but after being mostly sober for a few years and getting on the right medication about a year ago it has made a big difference (again not perfect..) I started trying to help myself more before meds came along, but I find that now I feel more in control of responding to how I feel constructively. It doesn't work miracles or do the work for me but it's a great tool to help me take a second to breathe and think before I make an impulsive decision which is something I've always struggled with unmedicated.

Ethylphenidate is in the "never again" category for me. I haven't tried any other ADHD medications. I'm still curious about combination therapy but it's not particularly common in my area.

I am not diagnosed with ADD or ADHD but I do have most of the traits.
For me the most effective drug with the least side effects is a combination of Testosterone and Drostanolone, 2 AAS.
As far as stims, 2FA was the best and 3,4 CTMP was also alright in low dosages, with a tendency to flatten out my emotional range that I didn't really like.

What are your experiences how drugs influence ADHD?

So far I'd say prolintane, isopropylphenidate and maybe low dose meth are the best ones. and the first two are pretty benign about rebound. Better than MPH for sure. Just that I can't get them right here & now.. so anybody knowing a good medicine for ADHD which is readily available? Bupropion sucks, so atomoxetine will too. Is adderall really better than plain dexamphetamine?
Adderall is another stimulant with dextroamphetamine so that is probably why people think its better. I like Ritalin the best because it works the best for me. It’s very individual. If I’m partying I would want adderall but for school or work Ritalin is smoother and doesn’t give me a hangover the next day. Dex is in the middle being less strong then adderalll. I have also taken vyvanse but it lasts forever and can aggravate chronic pain which I have but it lasts a really long time so there isn’t the ups and downs and need for a second dose so that might be something you could or would like. It is also a stimulant based drug. Hope you find something that works for you 🦋