NEMD Your Favorite Live Televised Performances

mal3volent

Bluelight Crew
Please add a little context for the performance

Can be performances that were "recorded live" as well, like Late night talk shows and so forth. But could also be things like SNL or even from festivals that are professionally recorded and aired on TV.

Basically just no concert videos recorded by amateurs with cell phones and poor audio.

I personally like stuff like this especially if they have an interview attached or something to give an indication of the time period. Like a time capsule. I especially like Late Night performances where there is an introduction and a brief interaction with the host.

For example, I'm not a huge rap fan but this performance is imprinted in my brain for a variety of reasons. Just the song itself but also how real the lyrics are and the uniqueness of what you typically hear on TV. And Dave and Tyler's awkwardness at the end.

Last edited:
I like this one because it was a pretty big spectacle for The Avett Brothers. The premiere of their documentary was about to release and Judd Apatow (the director) introduces them. The full band is there and they're all dressed up. They had pretty popular before this, but it was cool to see them make it to the Tonight Show when I remember seeing them in a small venue 10+ years beforehand.

Also cool to watch it back after seeing the film and knowing the full context. If you are interested in that kind of thing, I highly recommend. It's called May It Last and it's on HBO Max. (I saw it in theaters when it came out, still have the ticket.)

This is from Reading 2015. I think they sound really good here even though it's not the best quality video. The crowds energy is pretty good too, especially toward the end. You can definitely tell the ones who are into them and those who arent as familiar. A mix of older adults who were teenagers when the song came out and also younger people who found them later.

This is such good quality to be all the way back in 04. I actually didn't know them quite yet but found this later and it's awesome to see them in their element and era so to speak. Silent Alarm hadn't even come out at this point. The crowd is cold and still but they are playing the song faster than normal with a ton of energy.

this video of Dinosaur Jr. on jenny jones. lol J. mascis the singer and lead guitarist just kind of struggles to play as well as the recorded version of this song on here... it starts out pretty bad, but i think the guitar solo at the end that gets cut out is pretty good. i wish i could hear the whole thing, but i mean, there is probably a ton of footage of them playing that song:

love john frusciantes performance on this from the random guitar to the crazy ass vocals at the end. love those vocals.. lol

these have to be my top pics for television performances. lots of good snl stuff, but john fruisciante takes the cake for awesome in that performance. lol

I actually kind of like the energy between Shatner, Ben Folds and Joe Jackson.
Not as good as the original of course but I definitely don't hate it .

Pretty sure this is Dave on TV. He's very good live

A captivating performance of a great song, and Dave's enthusiasm at the end makes it truly special.

This fits the bill. Great interview of a young Amy Winehouse (who remarkably has all the vocal style and lingo of an old jazz lady locked down at age 20) and a truly remarkable super-stripped-down rendition of one of her classics, performed live. Brave. A moment in time indeed.

Katie B and Magnetic Man - Perfect Stranger.

Live performance at the BBC live lounge with the BBC orchestra.

Incredible performance by her, and gorgeous drum & bass.