L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Your family tree

elgoucho9

Bluelighter
So i randomly started at looking at someone elses family tree. Then my own. Now i am more than a little curious about it.

I wonder has anyone else here ever done some digging. And if so how did you go about it? And also what you learned from it? I would really love to know as much as possible about how to go about it.

About 2010 I spent a weekend (on stimulants) looking up my family tree and found a photo of a wild west gunfighter dude with two Indian wives in the photo, which explains the (tiny) Indian part of my genes, but it's probably a lot more difficult to navigate that on the internet these days

I traced one side back to 1700's Tennessee and the other side back to John Lackland in England

My grandparents in the 1990's hired a person to make a book about their ancestors, which appeared to be accurate, but that was before internet

Genealogy.com was one I used but it may be different now

My dad did a lot of research into our family tree before he passed. Traced our side in America back to the 1600s.

I was always told while growing up that my dad's side was French. Made sense, since my last name sounds like an Americanized French name.

Turns out I am 0% French, and that side of the family is almost 100% Irish.

Tracing that side of the family, apparently they were involved in some obscure sect of Christianity that was persecuted in EU so they emigrated to the US.

Mom's side is very German.

I'm related to a woman who won the Miss America pageant in the 50s.

Show me that ass!

I was always told while growing up that my dad's side was French. Made sense, since my last name sounds like an Americanized French name.

Turns out I am 0% French, and that side of the family is almost 100% Irish.

Tracing that side of the family, apparently they were involved in some obscure sect of Christianity that was persecuted in EU so they emigrated to the US.

Mom's side is very German.

I'm related to a woman who won the Miss America pageant in the 50s.

From what i could gather my own family tree traces back to the Celts in Ireland. I still need to do more research into the matter as i've only searched one side. But apparently on the other side my grandfather was adopted and nobody knew his second name which makes it difficult to know.

Hm I guess I wonder why the roots of ethnicity are relevant? We're different ethnicities more significant than individual personalities?

I'd like to know, maybe it's worth it to check into

Well this has developed so much i may need to start another thread. Several spiritual experiences lately lead me to believe i need to get to the bottom of it. Now it looks like to do so i have to revisit my routes with my family! I am travelling to the Isle of Harris to check it out and try and piece together one side of the family tree that remains a mystery. In the process i started reading and listening to stuff about the Brahan Seer. Truly fascinating stuff. In my whole life i have never felt more alive or interested in my own country than this. Surely there will be much to learn from this trip.

Mine is basically a straight vertical line

I've thought about researching mine too. I think my (paternal) grandmother did some of that but it was shortly before she died so not sure how far she got. She did discover we have some Swedish and generally Nordic ancestors, which explains why I'm short and brunette.

Grandparents were Silesian, Bohemian & 2 of them Bavarian
Great grandparents were Bohemian, Saxon, Silesian or Bavarian

and the only 2 great great grandparents i know of were Silesian and Saxon