• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Your Brain on MDMA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a load of crap followed by a stream of ignorant and uneducated comments.

Last edited:
Well it's "broadly" correct but so basic as to be worthless to most here - colourmehappys problem might be the brain damage bit; the area of damage to 5ht receptors isn't uncontroversial and I think it was larger than therapuetic amounts not tiny amounts and it looks like the damage is reversable at least to a degree.

what gets me is the "molly = mdma; ecstasy = mdma + adulterants" bit, the huge oversimplification of "serotonin = happy, serotonin = love" (anyone who has tried mdai knows that serotonin release alones doesn't do that) and of course the outdated view on neurotoxicity.

what gets me is the "molly = mdma; ecstasy = mdma + adulterants" bit, the huge oversimplification of "serotonin = happy, serotonin = love" (anyone who has tried mdai knows that serotonin release alones doesn't do that) and of course the outdated view on neurotoxicity.

Sigh. It's all just deeply tragic when the people who act as if they 'know' and provide the 'truth' really have no fucking idea what they're on about. I stopped taking it seriously when they said 'caffeine & MDMA is ecstasy'.

Aside from the simplicity and the bit about monkeys and rats, it's a million times better than any government funded "infomercial" on an illicit substance.

Sounds like Jwillis might've gone a bit hard over the weekend himself with that reply.

Sounds like Jwillis might've gone a bit hard over the weekend himself with that reply.

Haha. Well I haven't actually taken it in 6 months now. Just any form of misinformation irks me. By all means it's better than Gov propaganda but that's not exactly saying much...

If misinformation irks you, how do you handle venturing into the world outside of your own mind?

the irony is, that even though it's misinformation (like the small doses in rats causing irreversible damage), it's still better harm reduction than your initial response here in this thread.

Also:
colourmehappys problem might be the brain damage bit

It might be because I know her personally IRL and therefore am slightly biased/interpret comments from a different perspective, but when I first read this it almost looked like you were suggesting that she has brain damage (you know, since she hasn't exactly commented on any specific piece of information in the video, or anything to do with brain damage at that).

A video put out by one or other anti-drug organization I should imagine. The findings in rats were shown to be erroneous some years ago, when it was revealed that the rats were being mistakenly shot full of methamphetamine instead of mdma. There is also some doubt about the relevance to human of such experiments in rats.
Another erroneous comment is the finding that large numbers of young people are using mdma. Figures published in Time in September showed that only a limited percentage of the population had tried mdma and that this proportion was not increasing significantly. Meth, opiates, and cannabis are consumed by far greater numbers, making the "threat" from mdma appear relatively insignificant.

it's still better harm reduction than your initial response here in this thread.

There was no question here that required a harm reduction answer. Your whole response to me is worse HR than that video. See how stupid that comment is now?

Nope. Sharing something that might reduce someone's interest in dabbling in a drug because the possible harm is being overstated is somehow worse HR than dismissing it entirely? I mean yeah it's incorrect information, but would you prefer that it was entirely omitted from the video [false impression of safety profile] or would you rather they stated in an equally simple and uninformative way that MDMA doesn't cause the damage the bunk studies suggest [again, false impression of safety]?

Yes. I know this is a silly debate.

You still didn't clarify the brain damage comment.

Okay, so this sounds like it's been blown out of proportion.
I posted this link, purely because I saw it on YouTube and thought for what it is, that it's a basic explanation of Mdma to those who don't know what it is.
I didn't say I agree with what is said, or that I found their information useful or anything.

"Well it's "broadly" correct but so basic as to be worthless to most here"
Yep, it's worthless to most here, but I didn't post it for those who know alot about this. I posted it as a basic explanation on the subject, whether it's misleading or incorrect is irreverent.

Status
Not open for further replies.