• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

You Park Like an Asshole-Would you use these?

You ask Wtf should you get better parking because you chose to have a kid? Hmm, well Wtf shouldnt you?

You ask Wtf should you get better parking because you chose to have a kid? Hmm, well Wtf shouldnt you?

That's not an answer, I barely makes any sense. They chose to have kids, which is a massive amount of work. It would be easier if they got to go first while in line at the dmv, or at mcdonalds. But you don't, first come first served. You didn't have to have kids. Same with this.

maybe it doesn't work so well in practice, but parking for parents with stroller or even just young kids sounds courteous and practical. not only would it be convenient for them, but i worry about backing over little kids in the grocery store parking lot. if they were in the front of the parking lot, i wouldn't have to worry about that.

Last edited:
maybe it doesn't work so well in practice, but parking for parents with stroller or even just young kids sounds courteous and practical. not only would it be convenient for them, but i worry about backing over little kids in the grocery store parking lot. if they were in the front of the parking lot, i wouldn't have to worry about that.

None of the parents with stroller parking places ive seen have taken that into account and are just as at risk of that as any other spot. The only differences is they're closer to the front of the store, and sometimes wider. It's about money, not safety.

Parents already get an enormous amount of benefits, and that's fine. Its when they start disadvantaging everyone else for their benefit it becomes annoying. And these parking spots are just cynical business decisions, made by the owners of the mall.

Jess Im sorry for my flippant response, i should have put it more clearly so you could make sense out of it. Hydrazauacaine (in the post below mine) points out that it seems likely stores have the parent/child spaces to be courteous, practical and safety conscious to parents and children. I can see from your response that you disagree with the safety aspect, but wider spaces close to the store entrance

Sry, lost connection...wider spaces close to entrance are both practical and courteous. Your opinion on the REAL reasons is irrelevant

Sorry again... ie: corporate greed, if parents and kids appreciate it. Wtf would you want to penalise loads of parents and kids for a measure that makes a real difference to them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Worlds worst parallel parking. With Irish commentary! Just to lighten the mood :D