• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc "You could undergo surgery right now" Anxious Seeing Doctor for First Time in a Year

@MsDiz Sorry, I have pre-existing conditions making me in the "high risk" category for covid. I also have a long history of substance dependency, along with life-threatening complications.

Not gonna lie, I'd be stoked to be pregnant, not least because I'd be in the World Records and super-famous for the first biological male to do so.

@CFC - not at all, I have reduced or even stopped some of those meds. But I take what I take due to legit reasons (severe chronic pain, BPD, depression, anxiety, PTSD) and am not in the best place mentally right now to be coming off them. I'm very lucky to have an understanding GP who knows me very very well, though (he's actually been my GP my whole life - like, even when I was a zygote and he treated my mum).

@FuneralFather I don't need surgery right now, but that's actually VERY concerning. I have pancreatitis and I VERY nearly died last time I had an acute attack (in hospital 12 weeks, given 20% chance of surviving) so if I have another acute attack...I might need life-saving surgery...could they still deny it? If I'd literally die without?

@SnafuInTheVoid WOW, that is incredibly shitty of them (and I'm not sure how that isn't malpractice...what happened to "First do no harm"...and unless you were under 16 that's a breach of patient confidentiality) and if they were THAT concerned, surely sending you home could be dangerous or life-threatening?
I'm SO sorry that happened to you.

@ghostandthedarknes I live in the U.K., not the U.S.
lmao with "land of the free"....that doesn't refer to healthcare now does it ;)
They can’t deny you a life threatening emergency but they will just cut without anesthesia. Anesthesia is a luxury tbh, it’s not necessary. Most people don’t wanna deal with being cut on and I assume your usage has put you in a conundrum, as your not really as numb as they think you are. But you are in fact numb on a medical chart. So sadly, that’s what happens. My luck turned to be a doctor pushing a surgery that wasn’t needed and me wanting the pain pills. That 4th of July gram saved me a lot of money and possible complications. On your end, idk what to tell you but in the US toxicology are done routinely but it normally don’t result in what many think as you being labeled an addict. They just need to know what’s in your system. Idk what they give for anesthesia but I do know fentanyl is a part of it for larger stories so that could be the concern the levels of benzos you have interacting with the fentanyl

Wasn't aware clonazepam had metabolites tested for commonly

@MsDiz Sorry, I have pre-existing conditions making me in the "high risk" category for covid. I also have a long history of substance dependency, along with life-threatening complications.

Not gonna lie, I'd be stoked to be pregnant, not least because I'd be in the World Records and super-famous for the first biological male to do so.

@CFC - not at all, I have reduced or even stopped some of those meds. But I take what I take due to legit reasons (severe chronic pain, BPD, depression, anxiety, PTSD) and am not in the best place mentally right now to be coming off them. I'm very lucky to have an understanding GP who knows me very very well, though (he's actually been my GP my whole life - like, even when I was a zygote and he treated my mum).

@FuneralFather I don't need surgery right now, but that's actually VERY concerning. I have pancreatitis and I VERY nearly died last time I had an acute attack (in hospital 12 weeks, given 20% chance of surviving) so if I have another acute attack...I might need life-saving surgery...could they still deny it? If I'd literally die without?

@SnafuInTheVoid WOW, that is incredibly shitty of them (and I'm not sure how that isn't malpractice...what happened to "First do no harm"...and unless you were under 16 that's a breach of patient confidentiality) and if they were THAT concerned, surely sending you home could be dangerous or life-threatening?
I'm SO sorry that happened to you.

@ghostandthedarknes I live in the U.K., not the U.S.
lmao with "land of the free"....that doesn't refer to healthcare now does it ;)
I started upper chest pain for a while and last night I had bad stomach problem and today light headed and nauseous for a minute. I realized I probably got pancreatitis again it's been about 3 years the last time. It calmed down but I think after I ate supper got it going again. Last time I had I stopped drinking for a while it was fine. Should I go to the Urgent care tomorrow and get checked out or just see if it stops. I don't have dark piss or discolored crap but when I take my arm off my chest it hurts plus turning my body. Who knows it's probably better to go tomorrow. Is there something else I should watch out for let me know.

I started upper chest pain for a while and last night I had bad stomach problem and today light headed and nauseous for a minute. I realized I probably got pancreatitis again it's been about 3 years the last time. It calmed down but I think after I ate supper got it going again. Last time I had I stopped drinking for a while it was fine. Should I go to the Urgent care tomorrow and get checked out or just see if it stops. I don't have dark piss or discolored crap but when I take my arm off my chest it hurts plus turning my body. Who knows it's probably better to go tomorrow. Is there something else I should watch out for let me know.

For me, extreme vomiting. When I get an acute attack, I can take a tiny, tiny sip of water and vomit within 20 seconds. Over and over and over. "Coffee Grinds" in the vomit is a sign to call an ambulance immediately. If the pain becomes severe or you keep vomiting, go straight to the emergency room. I'd 100% go get checked out anyway.

Last edited:
For me, extreme vomiting. When I get an acute attack, I can take a tiny, tiny sip of water and vomit within 20m seconds. Over and over and over. "Coffee Grinds" in her vomit is a sign to call an ambulance immediately. If the pain becomes severe or you keep vomiting, go straight to the emergency room. I'd 100% go get checked out anyway.
My wife and I got in a big argument had taken 4 tums smoothie tab's and felt better. Continued to drink and did some bumps feel ok. I fought through the pain to do my lawn and maybe getting off my ass helped but now I came home and started sitting it's coming back. Don't care anymore if she doesn't care I don't!

My wife and I got in a big argument had taken 4 tums smoothie tab's and felt better. Continued to drink and did some bumps feel ok. I fought through the pain to do my lawn and maybe getting off my ass helped but now I came home and started sitting it's coming back. Don't care anymore if she doesn't care I don't!

Fuck that, this is your health and possibly your life at stake. If she is acting like she doesn't care (why are you's arguing about it, btw?), that's on her. You take care of yourself and get checked out.
By "continued to drink" do you mean alcohol? Because alcohol is what gave me my pancreatitis. If the same is true for you (I know it can also be caused by a long-term high-fat diet or an eating disorder like bulimia*, so I don't just wanna assume how you got it), then drinking is an extremely bad idea if you think you're already having an attack. Even if it's a mild flare-up right now, alcohol can definitely make it worse.

*that's actually how I got it, too. The doctors were confused as I had actually only been an alcoholic for 2 years (drinking very heavily for 3) at the time and they said it's extremely rare to get it from alcohol if you have been drinking like that for less then 10 years. My dad told him I'd also been bulimic for 4 years and that doctor said BOTH those things cause it which is how I'd managed to almost completely destroy my pancreas at the age of 21.

Fuck that, this is your health and possibly your life at stake. If she is acting like she doesn't care (why are you's arguing about it, btw?), that's on her. You take care of yourself and get checked out.
By "continued to drink" do you mean alcohol? Because alcohol is what gave me my pancreatitis. If the same is true for you (I know it can also be caused by a long-term high-fat diet or an eating disorder like bulimia*, so I don't just wanna assume how you got it), then drinking is an extremely bad idea if you think you're already having an attack. Even if it's a mild flare-up right now, alcohol can definitely make it worse.

*that's actually how I got it, too. The doctors were confused as I had actually only been an alcoholic for 2 years (drinking very heavily for 3) at the time and they said it's extremely rare to get it from alcohol if you have been drinking like that for less then 10 years. My dad told him I'd also been bulimic for 4 years and that doctor said BOTH those things cause it which is how I'd managed to almost completely destroy my pancreas at the age of 21.
I forced myself through the pain to get shit done and it hurt but after I did shot's to stop shaking from try to cut down I took 4 tums than the wife shit started. We were good when I worked. Than covid and my back pain got bad. Found out my back fusion screws from 8 years ago is hitting my nerves. She totally doesn't want me at all. Were married so she can't kick me out but my use exploded and don't care.