• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

You can purchase weed legally in Washington State next tuesday.

Dawglaw

Bluelighter
After a year and a half of mismanagement the government is finally letting legal, regulated marina hit the stores.

Hopefully more states and countries will follow.

honestly I am against the legalization of marijuana. It seems that the WLCC just became your drug dealer. And the prices are just ridiculous

The first guy in line to buy it legally was fired from his job. The fool decided to smoke in front of the press. Legalization is a step forward but I think there are dark undercurrents with the law that will likely be a lawyer's wet dream when it comes to fighting prosecutors. How do you prove impairment among different populations of cannabis users. If someone has never used it and takes a hefty bong hit they are going to be severely impaired but those with a tolerance will act completely normally. It is now a subjective/quantitative and objective/qualitative mess. That may not make sense to some but I am sure that toxicologists understand.

What Washingtonians didn't realize is that if you have a small amount in your system you are considered to be breaking the law. The quantification is going to be a subjective nightmare for law enforcement but Washington is a heavily policed state.

You may not have had any in a week but if you smoked heavily prior to that week there will be more than enough in your system for the courts to sentence your ass.

My advice to anyone thinking they can smoke regularly and then go out and drive; DO NOT ALLOW ANY EXCUSE FOR THE POLICE TO DRAW YOUR BLOOD. If you have smoked, carry Visine and do not allow your car to smell of cannabis. Law enforcement is looking for scapegoats to stick with a (marijuana) DUI.

Washingtonians may have won a victory but it is going to come with a price. The state is already dragging its heals with stall tactics and not allowing 'state' run stores to carry sufficient quantities. When they do have it, it will be ridiculously expensive. I cannot speak about pricing specifics but it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I think it may take quite some time before MJ is recognized as not being the devil it has been made out to be. That legacy will be up to the users and whether they try and test authority. Hopefully they will act responsibly and most users that I know do act responsibly, far more responsibly than drunk drivers.

I will never forget the comedian that once said "People go out and get drunk then commit unspeakable crimes yet it remains legal and MJ illegal. Hell, when I smoke a J all I want to do is watch a movie and eat a sandwich".

Eat a lot of sandwiches and stay off the roads. Do not allow the DEA, FDA, or the police to take away the privilege you have just won in Washington.

it is still quite a legal dilemma and will continue to be one for quite some time. In time it will eventually calm down, but until then there will be people who are out to spread their political message within their community and exercise whatever power they may have. Probably best to stay out of the spotlight until things if you have something to lose.