• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

You are probably not taking the dose of LSD you think you are

I used to belive this theory until I got some darknet 175 mic tabs - I thought "They'll only be 100" so I took my usual dose of four. I was tripping my testicles off. Don't always assume that they arn't what they are advertised at.

Yeah I have a source who's doses are actually what they are advertised at, so luckily I can dose properly now. But when I first took LSD I had a really well dosed tab and was considering taking two (which would have been 300mics D: ) because people online were saying you always need two for a proper trip

This is so true. My first trip on LSD was a single 185ug tab from an extremely reliable source and it was pretty intense. I had an ego death that trip and had to deal with my cousin having a horrible trip being stuck in a loop and unresponsive, naked, and vomiting for 10 hours. He did, however, lie about being experienced with it and took 310ug total without my knowledge. I had a fantastic time though, I mean it was amazing and I was enjoying my trip so much despite everything going on.

Got sidetracked, anyways yeah I've had my friends tell me so many times how what they just did were "200ug" tabs (Not always 200, but you know what I mean) and how they tripped "pretty hard." I'll try it, and it won't even be half the strength of a real 185ug tab. Hell I've only managed to get my hands on one batch of "street" LSD that actually wound up feeling like a good dose of legitimate acid (lots of what we get around here is 25c and 25i), and that felt like it was around 100-125ug.

Does anyone know enough to explain how one would, with the proper lab equipment, test the amount of a chemical laid onto a piece of blotter paper? I'm just curious. I thought the crystals in solution would go deeper than the surface of the paper, so how do you weigh only the crystals and factor out the paper? Or do they assume a weight for the paper and subtract that from the overall weight?

I used to belive this theory until I got some darknet 175 mic tabs - I thought "They'll only be 100" so I took my usual dose of four. I was tripping my testicles off. Don't always assume that they arn't what they are advertised at.

I never consider darknet stuff in the same bracket as street stuff. When someone says something commonly applies to X drug, like saying most acid isn't the strength you think, they are not talking about good darknet stuff lol, TOTALLY different xD

Does anyone know enough to explain how one would, with the proper lab equipment, test the amount of a chemical laid onto a piece of blotter paper? I'm just curious. I thought the crystals in solution would go deeper than the surface of the paper, so how do you weigh only the crystals and factor out the paper? Or do they assume a weight for the paper and subtract that from the overall weight?

You have to get it lab analyzed to determine the quantity of LSD on a tab.

What I was trying to ask though is what does the lab do to determine the amount of LSD on a piece of blotter? Like I just don't have the first idea of what process would occur.

Local, IRL connects for lsd are underrated. Or maybe it's hard for other people to find good sources, idk. I've always gotten some strong lsd trips through these connects, depending on how much I take.

And after using lsd many times, I would know for damn sure whether they were nbomes or not. Maybe someone who's new to it would be fooled, but the effects are distinctively different (from what I've read), and esp the duration would be a big give away, along with the numbing of the mouth.

Anyway, whatever the dnm has, I'd hazard a guess to say that some of those are probably in the hands of locals as well. As well as locals having stuff that the dnm do not have, and vice versa. This is probably the same with mdma and other popular substances. Since the dnm seems to somewhat equate to the black market, locals and the dnm probably fill in the gaps for each other.

What I was trying to ask though is what does the lab do to determine the amount of LSD on a piece of blotter? Like I just don't have the first idea of what process would occur.

You'd probably have to ask a chem major/expert who is obviously well versed with extraction of chemicals from paper. Solvents, solutions, etc. are most likely necessary.

Ugh, I hate chem and I don't remember those classes well, but biology is more of my thing, as well as a few other subjects not in any way related to the contents/context of BL.

And before anyone says they (chem and bio) are similar, they are absolutely not.

In Australia we have a DNM vendor acid .....
These blotters have printed info on the reverse side identifying the tabs as LSD , the date they were laid , dosage , and purity % - [ these tabs are discussed in the BL Australian LSD thread ] .
They have been analysed by Energy Control , and were found to be as stated for purity percentage [ 95.5% + purity ] , and close to the claimed dosage - [ just slightly under ] .

This imho is certainly a positive innovation by the manufacturer in terms of harm minimization , informing the consumer exactly what they're taking .... and not a " marketing gimmick " as suggested by one skeptic in the thread .
Nowadays , where blotters containing NBOxs or RCs are often misrepresented as LSD and have caused a number of deaths , such information should be printed on all types of blotter ..... kudos to this crew for doing so .
[ btw , it is really nice acid ]

www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/655920-LSD-Info-Request-What-s-going-around-Love-Potion-9/page32 #778

Last edited:
Yet even if this was done, then we'd have to question whether or not what's printed on the back is going to be reliable as well. If this could be regulated, then this idea is golden.

Actually, I think I remember some tabs I've had that actually did this too. This is, to my knowledge, extremely rare.

The only thing I can think of is that someone spent lots of money to test these tabs, then something was done to take them and sell them for essentially a negative profit margin. So the only benefit would be from an inside job, imo.

Ah, so I was just partially right. That's what I get for making assumptions, as I am not very good at that. I will no longer be spouting nonsensical theories/conspiracies. -_-

Very nice of someone to reimburse the cost, but since that probably won't happen for everyone, I wonder what can be done to test for the dosages in a reasonable way?

It's kind of borderline price discussion, albeit referring to just lab testing, but there's a reason it was edited out. But if this were to happen to the majority of the tabs out there, I'd bet on a trend similar to what the OP posted. Either way, at least there's this diamond in the rough.