• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids You are an opiate addict/junkie, but you are responsible to take care of another life

timetohunt

Bluelighter
As presented in the title you are hooked on opiates as your life force for functioning. At the same time, as life would have it, you are the only one available to take care of another human being. A special needs person, perhaps a cancer patient, perhaps a child with serious emotional or intellect issues. You ask for help, but because of circumstances, there is none. Most importantly, you also realize that your own life will eventually depend on you ditching the habit. But how? If you kick now, the other person is way at risk. Tell your story, or anything that may shed new light on those of us in this mad predicament.

You find a situation where you can both kick and take care of the other person (family, friends, temporary state care/rehab if it's bad enough). Ppl forget that if they really want to then kicking isn't the worst of the worst. Seeing that you failed to care for something you created, *someone* you created, is much much worse. There are much more horrible things out there than having to go on opioid maintenance / kicking a habit. Then again it is up to the individual person & and they can't be rushed or pidgeon holed into not having any options because that would totally make them avoid taking care of themselves/their children because of shame, guilt, or the opposite of lucrative profit and getting high with no regrets/remorse. All of that's fine and dandy until it turns out you failed to take care of a responsibility that you more or less imposed on yourself, and now have to face the brunt of the consequences(although for us opiate addicts, what's new?)

your story is similar to what i went thru...and i blew it!!
After using Heroin for 5 months my pregnant girl left me which cause a downward spiral
i was barred out and high off heroin when my son was born and that was the last straw for her
i got put on Suboxone and stayed clean for a little bit...and one year later i lost her(which i seriously dont care) but more important i see
my son maybe once or twice a month from the morning until afternoon...thats what hurts the most.. im completely sober of EVERYTHING
now im 70 days clean and no one believes me ...im not even using Subs or Methadone....i can recommend a very good taper off H if youd like...let me know..take care everyone and if anyone feels as lonely and depressed as i do feel free to private message me we can talk about addiction