• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Yopo/Cebil?

Or indeed, if it matters.
Also, if the seed content 'basified' (sic) with calcium hydroxide is smoked, is there any danger from smoking the Ca OH2?

One of them is darker and the other is redder. I can't remember which is which though.

Does basifying as per snorted snuff, also increase potency when smoked? And are there any health risks from smoking the calcium hydroxide in the snuff?

The two plants are extremely closely related species, so there will be only slight differences between them, at best. Yopo seeds (A. Peregrin a) are definitely on the dark-colored side, almost a deep burgundy color, or mahogany. Can't speak for Cebil seeds (A. Colubrina) since I haven't seen them in person.

From what I've gathered, while the main alkaloid in both seeds--by far--is bufotenine (5-HO-DMT) it is the only tryptamine alkaloid found A. Colubrina seeds. The seeds of A. Peregrina, by contrast, contain small but measurable quantities of 5-MeO-DMT and DMT, along with a massive preponderance of bufotenine. So, again, while very similar and closely related plants, the snuffs are not identical in effect. Speaking from experience with yopo, I can only say that this is among the most astonishing and mind blowing psychedelic in the biggest of the big leagues of power plants. Whatever I mistakenly believed prior to having that experience, now I there is no doubt whatsoever in my mind that, yes, there are indeed naturally occurring plant psychedelics that are capable of producing experiences of profundity and intensity in excess of those produced by ingesting any pure psychedleic compound--at any dose--that I've ever ingested. And that's not an idle boast, as I've been around the block before.

All this is just to say, while I encourage you to research the snuffs, their effects and dosages, I urge you to be careful for your own sake, because it's awesomely intense; nonetheless, I can't advise against trying it if you so choose, I'd just recommend that you proceed with due reverence and respect for the sake of this truly awesome sacred plant teacher.

P.S.,
It's really nice to know, first hand, that not only is bufotenine fully active without toxic effects (though I did vomit profusely) but that it is also among the most truly extraordinary and stunningly visual psychedelic trips I've had the privilege of experiencing!

Whatever I mistakenly believed prior to having that experience, now I there is no doubt whatsoever in my mind that, yes, there are indeed naturally occurring plant psychedelics that are capable of producing experiences of profundity and intensity in excess of those produced by ingesting any pure psychedleic compound--at any dose--that I've ever ingested. And that's not an idle boast, as I've been around the block before.

That is a large testimony Mercurious. You may have me finally visit the cebil seeds I have had for years. I could never come to a conclusion on bufotenine even after reading similar testimonies and reports.

I couldn't decide of a snuff or smoking was the first way for me to try. I will have to read up more on the different routes. Thanks for rekindling an interest. I have had some of these for over a decade. I have read bufotenine is pretty stable too, so hopefully the magic visits and I can say the same things.

Thanks again for that!

I couldn't decide of a snuff or smoking was the first way for me to try.

I've only smoked so far. Nicely active in a recreational way. CEV 's as in irregular fractal type patterns, I enjoyed a reasonable body load, felt heavy then wiggly, prickles all over head neck shoulders, which I liked. Reasonable euphoria.

I've only smoked so far. Nicely active in a recreational way.

Hmmm, what did you do with the seed(s) before they hit the pipe Hamish? I think I had read to toast one until it pops and then put that in a pipe. I guess I won't know what that popping is until I try it myself. I'll have to dig around for the way to do it. It just that for many years bufotenine was considered something that was not too fun and had no real psychedelic effects. So we have come a bit of a way with some psychoactives and what they can do. Nicely active in a recreational way sounds great!

Can you post a trip report on the effects of insulfated yopo?

I've read that bufoatine feels rather toxic and is not enjoyable at all

Hmmm, what did you do with the seed(s) before they hit the pipe Hamish? Nicely active in a recreational way sounds great!

Put the seeds (I've only been doing two at a time) in a dry pan on a cooker on maximum heat. After a few seconds there's an audible pop and a split appears in the seed coating. Take them out, peel off and discard the outer coating then crush the yellow inner material in a mortar and pestle. The back of a spoon would probably work for this. Place the crushed seeds on some herbal material (I prefer something inactive) and smoke.

Thanks Hamish, now I have a basis on how to give this a go with smoking. I'll try that.

The seeds were roasted, popped, peeled, crushed and then the powder loaded into a pipe. For me, it felt very very heavy, as if the atmospheric pressure was going up and up, almost like a headache, but not good or bad, more neutral. I didn't really get CEVs from it; the world around me got a little bit wavy and there were colorful trails following people's movement. The peak lasted around 6 minutes with residual effects diminished around 20. It felt very intense and moderately unnerving, but it also made colors pop. I had friends smoke it, reporting even less effects than I had. This was a very long time ago, however, so I'm not sure I can give more detail.

I remember reading somewhere that Yopo (A. Peregrina) is hardly commercially available at all, so any seeds you'll come across will most likely be Cebil (A. Colubrina).

Does anyone know if that's true?

I remember reading somewhere that Yopo (A. Peregrina) is hardly commercially available at all

Not sure, hence my question in the OP. Both times I've bought seeds they've been claimed to be Peregrina, the 2nd time the company were very insistent on the distinction. Who knows, could be marketing.