• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Yoga

Went to my first Yoga class yesterday. I don't recall the "type" but it focused on breathing and slowing down. It was just the right pace for me and the teacher was excellent. I was shaky and sweaty halfway through the hour long class and I consider myself reasonably fit.

She went through all the major muscle groups and this morning my neck, lats and triceps were sore :D

I intend to make this a habit and am returning tomorrow.

Found out the name of the "type" of yoga I tried. Its called Vinyasa Flow. I'm quite fond of it!

^ahhh perfect. Ashtanga Vinyasa is niiiiiice. That's where I started. I go to classes sometimes, last couple of months especially but it's a good place to start as it really does slow your mind down and scattered thoughts turn into a more fluid flow, whilst achieving a flow in your breath and rhythm of movement.

Last edited:
^ahhh perfect. Ashtanga Vinyasa is niiiiiice. That's where I started. I go to classes sometimes, last coup0le of month's especially but it's a good place to start as it really does slow your mind down and scattered thoughts turn into a more fluid flow, whilst achieving a flow in your breath and rhythm of movement.

That's part of my problem. I never really did breathe properly, ever. I'm one of those people that mostly breathes through his mouth. After 42 years I get to learn how to breathe :)

^ that's really funny, but also sad...We're not even taught how to breathe properly. I saw a children's programme a few months ago that showed people mouth breathing in it - it must be some kind of subtle conditioning, as we all know unless it's really controlled & slow, mouth breathing gets you in a panic. No wonder so much of the population is on edge and nervous!

Max Strom has some really good dvd's on breathing, well worth looking into

The best Pranayama dvd is one done by Dr Vasant Lad, who was one of Dr Robert Svoboda's teachers , you can find it online or order it from the Ayurvedic institute in New Mexico

http://www.amazon.com/Pranayama-Self-Healing-Vasant-Lad/dp/1883725151

Breath always leads asana, its one of the first things you learn from a good yoga teacher.

There is also one really great 10 hour workshop that Dr. Madhavan Munusamy did in Moscow on pranayama, which you should me able to find online

Well worth hunting out, its fantastic

Last edited:
hmm yoga is the one of those exercises which are getting popularity today's. Because these yoga workouts are more easy then other exercises so that's why mostly old people moving to this. But mostly people got positive results from yoga. Like weight loss and releasing stress. But we can't do yoga before proper training.

bowel movements remedies

Last edited:
^try again. Go find out, you'll find pretty much at least haalf of what you said is not really true.

i did my first class of kundalini last night and it was soo awesome

by the end of the class my body was as relaxed on the ground as it has ever been in my life

the teacher had this gong which made the sickest sounds which vibrated your body !

i think ive found my spiritual yoga =D

^yeah it's bad ass isn't it! What particular aim in exercise do you guys do? I only done one class myself and we dealt with "opening up the heart" predominantly.

The gonging is amaaaazing - I was so close to being in a total trance, and the visuals I was getting set me up for a good few drawings - lasted about a week too, where I could just close my eyes and roll them up to the third eye and concentrate and get very vivid coloured fractal geometry. Amazing shit - need to have another session soon actually, thanks for reminding me. :)

she said to set whatever intent you are working on personally at the start of class

but we were working on opening up different chakra points throughout class

yeh i wish i had one of those damn gongs, im sure it would compliment the type of electronic music i make

hmm yoga is the one of those exercises which are getting popularity today's. Because these yoga workouts are more easy then other exercises so that's why mostly old people moving to this. But mostly people got positive results from yoga. Like weight loss and releasing stress. But we can't do yoga before proper training.

bowel movements remedies

I've worked out with professional athletes and do crazy fucking weight training sessions/runs 5/6 times a week.

When I did yoga, I was fucking dying, sweat pouring everywhere. And I felt more of an endorphin release than weight training or cardio.

I keep planning to go but miss the classes. I find Yoga so beneficial, especially after workout and for relaxing. I'm making a promise to myself to hit Yoga tomorrow.

I've never done yoga, but I am somewhat involved in meditation for relaxation. I'm only 26 but since I've started working in manual labor, my body has basically completely betrayed me. My Achilles tendons have prevented me for running for the past two years (after I ran ~15 miles a week before), and my lower back was so bad, at one point, that I could not stand up or walk. These problems lessened when I took an extended vacation, but I'm back working and I need something to fix these problems. How beneficial will yoga be for me? I'm also lessening my alcohol intake (I work as a bartender and at a specialty beer store, so I probably drink far more than I should), and returning to a clean Paleo/4-Hour inspired diet...

I've never done yoga, but I am somewhat involved in meditation for relaxation. I'm only 26 but since I've started working in manual labor, my body has basically completely betrayed me. My Achilles tendons have prevented me for running for the past two years (after I ran ~15 miles a week before), and my lower back was so bad, at one point, that I could not stand up or walk. These problems lessened when I took an extended vacation, but I'm back working and I need something to fix these problems. How beneficial will yoga be for me? I'm also lessening my alcohol intake (I work as a bartender and at a specialty beer store, so I probably drink far more than I should), and returning to a clean Paleo/4-Hour inspired diet...
just go try it. I went for the ass, and stayed because it was fun and made me feel good.

I would suggest Iyengar Yoga in that case, yin practices too, but it will be extremely beneficial. Yoga is the way.
Yoga doesn't go with drinking alcohol, but the deeper you go, the more you practice, the more you practice, the more you observe - you will come to realize yoga is way better than alcohol. <3