Open Discussion Yndtitl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TALLY 2.0

Bluelighter
Why No Drug Talk In The Lounge??

Why arent we allowed to talk about drugs in the lounge?

Isnt bluelight a drug message board?

I mean, i can understand you want people to go to the drug sections, but making a rule that we cant talk about a certain topic is a little off the wall, escpecially when the whole board's main topic is the topic we cant speak about.

Isnt it like going to a restaurant and not being able to talk about food?

I mean whats the big honking deal for pete sake, dontcha know?

Do u really need a rule for that?

Why are we allowed to talk about drugs and why are there no no drug talk rules in other social forums like dark side, SLR, Philosophy and Spirituality, Education and Careers, Second Opinion, Film and Television, Sports and Gaming, and so on? However, in the lounge, whose topics are just as open to a discussion as those named, we cant talk about drugs? Basically, how come they can talk about drugs and the lounge cant?

Why are you so uppity about not talking about drugs in the lounge, but in the lounge we can talk about topics such as sports, films, non electronic music, electronic music, science and technology, second opinions, legal discussions, sex love, and relationships, and so on., when we have forums for those topics too?? Why is it not against the rules to talk about Electronic Music in the lounge, when there is a forum for that, but it is against the rules to talk about drugs, because there is a forum for that? Basically, isnt it the same exact thing?

How can you justify making one topic against the rules, because there is a specific forum for that topic? Then, at the same time you contradict yourself by allowing topics to be spoken of in the lounge, even though they have specific forums too?

Last edited:
I think the reasoning is that Bluelight is very serious about drug safety but The Lounge is of a very non-serious nature. Spoofs, parodies, fucking around are generally OK in TL, but for drug info we'd rather that it come from a Focus Forum or a Drug Discussion forum.

The public surfing through, the press, or new members might not realize TL is not serious stuff. Drugs are a topic we want to be clear about.

Second Opinion doesn't do drug topics either, because drug topics are best handled by drug forums rather than social forums.

Ya know, I agree, but do you think we really need a rule about it? One where we can get infractions? I think that is a little extreme.

I've most often seen Lounge mods prompt people about the ndtitl rule rather than warn or infract. Its at their discretion. On Bluelight, ime warnings and infractions usually represent that someone or a group of someones has continually limit tested on an issue or has repeatedly violated a rule.

Why are we allowed to talk about drugs and why are there no no drug talk rules in other social forums like dark side, SLR, Philosophy and Spirituality, Education and Careers, Second Opinion, Film and Television, Sports and Gaming, and so on? However, in the lounge, whose topics are just as open to a discussion as those named, we cant talk about drugs? Basically, how come they can talk about drugs and the lounge cant?
you are incorrect.

the dark side has very specific rules about drug talk. drug talk which glamorizes drug use is forbidden as is triggering imagery.

drug discussion is explicitly forbidden in second opinion. from the so guidelines:
so guidelines said:
NO DRUG DISCUSSION - All threads/posts relating specifically to drugs will be moved to the appropriate forum or deleted. There are many other forums in which to discuss drugs on Bluelight, Second Opinion is not one of them.

there's no 'no drug talk' rule in forums like slr and p&s because there's a often content overlap with drugs and the forum content in general.

drug talk is not explicitly covered in the f&t guidelines but i can tell you that discussion of drugs outwith the context of film & television would be closed immediately as off-topic. i expect the same would be true in sport&gaming, among others.

the lounge guidelines are maintained and enforced by the current lounge staff. if you have a problem with the lounge guidelines, contact the lounge staff and petition them for a change.

alasdair

you are incorrect.

the dark side has very specific rules about drug talk. drug talk which glamorizes drug use is forbidden as is triggering imagery.

drug discussion is explicitly forbidden in second opinion. from the so guidelines:

there's no 'no drug talk' rule in forums like slr and p&s because there's a often content overlap with drugs and the forum content in general.

drug talk is not explicitly covered in the f&t guidelines but i can tell you that discussion of drugs outwith the context of film & television would be closed immediately as off-topic. i expect the same would be true in sport&gaming, among others.

the lounge guidelines are maintained and enforced by the current lounge staff. if you have a problem with the lounge guidelines, contact the lounge staff and petition them for a change.

alasdair

Basically, all Im saying is why do you have to dissect everything like its srs business? I dont want any god damn petitions. Its a forum on the internet. Jesus Christ, you take something like drugs and take the fun out of it. I thought all you drug stoners were supposed to be laid back.

you made a couple of points in your op which were incorrect. i provided correct information.

you want to know why there's no drug talk in the louunge. that has been explained.

why ask questions if you don't want to listen to the answers?

if the fact there is no drug talk in the lounge bothers you - and it demonstrably does otherwise you wouldn't have bothered starting a thread about it - i've explained how you can go about changing that. i'm not suggesting for one second you start a petition (noun). i invited you to petition (verb) the lounge staff...

alasdair

I think this thread has gone as far as its going to go :) I'd go to the lounge mods if you have any more questions about it, like ali said. I think they'd have more answers than we would.

Status
Not open for further replies.